• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove Whitebeard from the Hyperbole Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Why did I link the Hyperbole page? Because the revision is touching the page and removing something there.

Notable Examples of hyperbole​

Whitebeard's statement of "can destroy the world" isn't a hyperbole at all. It's deadass just a different translation.

There are several statements of this being so, none of them are hyperbolic.

It could be contextual, like "destroy overtime", or "destroy society", etc. that's fine. Could still be figurative speech, maybe an outlier, maybe a mistranslation, maybe a bad interpretation.

It being a hyperbole is unfounded.

Remove it from the page.

I assumed it more in the sense of 'the interpretation of Sengoku's statement suggesting Planetary AP as opposed to (insert other explanations for the statement) is hyperbolic'.

Me too, but it being hyperbolic is implying that Sengoku believes his power is drastically lower, but he's just using that as a way to hype him up.

With the other statements, this shouldn't be contested that it's not hyperbolic. Outlierish? Maybe. Hyperbolic? No.

The guy with the power to form Earthquakes and Tsunamis that can go on for kilometers on end can destroy the world? What a surprise.

You can destroy the "world" with range and Tier 6 Power, so the statement isn't even outlier'ish.
Aka, I agree.
Doesn't he have the biggest environmental destruction and range of the verse in this regard by the way?

Why did I link the Hyperbole page? Because the revision is touching the page and removing something there.

Whitebeard's statement of "can destroy the world" isn't a hyperbole at all. It's deadass just a different translation.

There are several statements of this being so, none of them are hyperbolic.

It could be contextual, like "destroy overtime", or "destroy society", etc. that's fine. Could still be figurative speech, maybe an outlier, maybe a mistranslation, maybe a bad interpretation.

It being a hyperbole is unfounded.

Remove it from the page.
agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back