• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

I'm sorry I have to say this, however I made a small mistake when editing one of the locked profiles. That is, the Underground (Undertale) one, where I should have included the "City Block level up to Multi-City Block level" scaling to their technology.

I would hate to bother the staff with this, but could you unlock the profile so I can repair this mistake? I'd also like to ask for the CRT related to it to be closed:

I'm sorry I have to say this, however I made a small mistake when editing one of the locked profiles. That is, the Underground (Undertale) one, where I should have included the "City Block level up to Multi-City Block level" scaling to their technology.

I would hate to bother the staff with this, but could you unlock the profile so I can repair this mistake?
I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.
I have asked in the thread.

Thank you for helping out Crazylatin77, and no problem Charmander.

So... Ant told me to bring this here instead...

There needs to be a format of some sort in the Image Renders Requests Thread and probably the Profile image additions or replacements requests thread as well similar to this but it just needs to be in the op

It is very annoying when people just give you a low quality image and just say render/transparent this image. You need context and information in what you are supposed to render/transparent and what you are rendering/transparenting otherwise it will lead to unnecessary work for image helpers and other members which can lead to redoing the whole render which can take a lot of time to do.

Here are somethings that should be in the op that would help and make it easier to contribute to the wiki when requesting
1. The verse or character
2. It is preferable to request high quality images
3. Description (what to render/transparent)
4. Preferably a full body or showing the whole thing image (things that aren't cut out for example this is better than this)
5. Requesting Canon/official over fanarts images and if the Canon/official source doesn't have good images credit the fanart's artist if you're going to use fanart

I don't know how to format this because I'm not good at explaining as I'm not the best with formatting or with English.

Some might want more or to change somethings so give input if you think something should be removed, added or changed.

This is minor, but I noticed that our Calculation page have few mistakes regarding the unit's symbols, such writting kilograms and meters in uppercase (Kg and M) when according to the SI all unit's symbols should be written in lowercase (kg and m) unless they are named after a real person, they refer to liters or the prefixes are mega and above. This should be corrected.

This is minor, but I noticed that our Calculation page have few mistakes regarding the unit's symbols, such writting kilograms and meters in uppercase (Kg and M) when according to the SI all unit's symbols should be written in lowercase (kg and m) unless they are named after a real person, they refer to liters or the prefixes are mega and above. This should be corrected.
Seems like a minor correction. I agree.

So... Ant told me to bring this here instead...

There needs to be a format of some sort in the Image Renders Requests Thread and probably the Profile image additions or replacements requests thread as well similar to this but it just needs to be in the op

It is very annoying when people just give you a low quality image and just say render/transparent this image. You need context and information in what you are supposed to render/transparent and what you are rendering/transparenting otherwise it will lead to unnecessary work for image helpers and other members which can lead to redoing the whole render which can take a lot of time to do.

Here are somethings that should be in the op that would help and make it easier to contribute to the wiki when requesting
1. The verse or character
2. It is preferable to request high quality images
3. Description (what to render/transparent)
4. Preferably a full body or showing the whole thing image (things that aren't cut out for example this is better than this)
5. Requesting Canon/official over fanarts images and if the Canon/official source doesn't have good images credit the fanart's artist if you're going to use fanart

I don't know how to format this because I'm not good at explaining as I'm not the best with formatting or with English.

Some might want more or to change somethings so give input if you think something should be removed, added or changed.
Anyway, is somebody willing to write a draft text for this please?

Other thing, not sure if appropiated for this thread, but the Lifting Strength page states the following: As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic; that means that we can use pushing/pulling feats as LS and that is true, but I noticed that users misunderstood the text as pushing/pulling = lifting, when in reality is not true. What we do is using the equation for pulling μ * m * a, where μ is the coefficient that vary depending of what material and through what surface is moved, a method that we already use with ou calculations. May I suggests to add the following: As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic, granted they are multiplied by the appropiated friction coefficient after finding the mass of the object? You can recommend other wording if you don't find mine to be appropiated.

Other thing, not sure if appropiated for this thread, but the Lifting Strength page states the following: As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic; that means that we can use pushing/pulling feats as LS and that is true, but I noticed that users misunderstood the text as pushing/pulling = lifting, when in reality is not true. What we do is using the equation for pulling μ * m * a, where μ is the coefficient that vary depending of what material and through what surface is moved, a method that we already use with ou calculations. May I suggests to add the following: As such appropriate pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic, granted they are multiplied by the appropiated friction coefficient after finding the mass of the object? You can recommend other wording if you don't find mine to be appropiated.
Perhaps we should go slightly more general in case not every pushing/pulling feat is pure horizontal friction?
Like, maybe, to expand your draft:
As such pushing and pulling feats are also considered a part of this statistic, granted they are properly calculated to account for the difference to lifting. A common case is that the weight of something pulled across a horizontal surface needs to be multiplied by the appropiate friction coefficient after finding the mass of the object.

Only the most controversial ones should be locked, like Goku or Superman and all that.

A few of them have been admin locked by mistake in misunderstanding this, so I can tend to them and get them unlocked.

Can someone please re-lock these pages?

Only the most controversial ones should be locked, like Goku or Superman and all that.

A few of them have been admin locked by mistake in misunderstanding this, so I can tend to them and get them unlocked.
This is correct, yes. Thank you for helping out.

Perhaps we should go slightly more general in case not every pushing/pulling feat is pure horizontal friction?
Like, maybe, to expand your draft:
As usual, I strongly trust DontTalk's sense of judgement, but @Mr._Bambu should preferably be made aware of this as well.

Can someone please re-lock these pages?
I will do so, if it has not already been handled.

Back