• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

Please click here if you are willing to help out.

All-purpose request thread - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Crazylatin

I will check, and hopefully fix the problem.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I took care of removing the category with my Bot account.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Retired
Veloxt1r0kore said:
@Zark

Except she's an cyborg not human at all so its fine
I don't think FBI takes that as an answer

Regardless, I found better images of the character where she actually wears her most frequent costume in the show, so there's no point. I'll be rendering and replacing them, I suppose.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Zark

Thank you for the help.

@Shisui

No. Not after I was told that she is underage. I said that it should be replaced.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We usually do not create pages per request.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Because nobody has had the interest and knowledge to create a profile for him yet. Please drop this subject. This is not a profile request thread. Thank you.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Gewsbumpz

Please stop spamming these threads with inappropriate comments. Thank you.

How is it inappropriate? I'm just asking a question about windshields. Also I doubt saying something twice counts as spamming (from my experience).

Antvasima said:
Because nobody has had the interest and knowledge to create a profile for him yet. Please drop this subject. This is not a profile request thread. Thank you.
I was unaware that there was a profile request thread. No need to be a fucking asshole.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I was polite, just tired of constantly dealing with inappropriate nonsense. On the other hand, you just performed a bannable offense when responding. I would recommend that you clean up your act in the future, or you will be removed.

You were not polite that came off as very rude so I returned the favor. If you look at my edits im new to this website. I saw all purpose respect thread and just assumed that ok this is where I ask for a page at.

Now I'm learning that I can make the page myself and the profile request thread doesn't even exist anymore.

@The God Of Procrastination thank you much appreciated. It makes me happy that Nonstaff members of a community can be helpful.

Antvasima said:
I was polite, just tired of constantly dealing with inappropriate nonsense. On the other hand, you just performed a bannable offense when responding. I would recommend that you clean up your act in the future, or you will be removed.
Ant with all due respect you seemed kinda out of line here, he was just asking a question and didn't know where to put it. You just told him to drop it and said this is not where you post that which isn't helping.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ant enough. He asked a question. That's not a rule violation. You can't expect people to know the entire site instantly. I myself didn't even know these kinds of threads existed until a few weeks ago.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I used the phrasing "please" and "thank you" to instruct him that he was doing something inappropriate, but am admittedly stressed out and tired of repeatedly dealing with these types of issues, so I could have spent more time and patience on my post. Regardless, he responded by calling me a "fucking asshole". He definitely broke our rules.

You could have at least answer the question and then told be to go away (Its polite and I'm not trying to be malicious or anything)

Edit: I didn't call you a "fucking asshole" at any point on this thread

The_Impress

VS Battles
Retired
Pardon, I acknowledge that insult was uncalled for, but it isn't a particularly major offense IMO. A general warning against the attitude would do.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I did answer the question. I have just had to answer it a lot of times over the years, so I can be impatient when doing so.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Gewsbumpz

I was referring to Shisui.

@Zark

Yes, a warning is fine. I was talking about if he continues to go around insulting staff members.

I only been here on this wiki for a few months and mostly focused on a single verse (As my name would imply), so it isn't like I knew that you apparently answered it for years

Just because you use the words "please" and "thank you" doesn't mean you can't come off as rude. Office Workers do it all the time, however i'll just unfollow the thread to refraim from dRailing

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Gewsbumpz

You have not done anything bad beyond bombarding request threads with too many chat posts at times. Again, I was referring to Shisui.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Shisui

That is the only way I know of to be as polite as I can. Again, clean up your act. If you continue to go around insulting the staff due to complete overreactions, we will have to remove you.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Antvasima said:
I used the phrasing "please" and "thank you" to instruct him that he was doing something inappropriate, but am admittedly stressed out and tired of repeatedly dealing with these types of issues, so I could have spent more time and patience on my post. Regardless, he responded by calling me a "fucking asshole". He definitely broke our rules.
Fair enough.

I was talking about this little bit " I have just had to answer it a lot of times over the years, so I can be impatient when doing so" not what shitui said

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
He asked us to create a profile for him. That is something I have had to explain a lot of times over the years.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
This is not remotely intended to be a chat thread. Can we stop derailing please?

The_Impress

VS Battles
Retired
This isn't probably the place for advertising threads.

Staff tend to leave replies on QnA threads somewhat consistently anyhow, and there's nothing wrong with patient bumping

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
That is not what these request threads are supposed to be for, and it sets a bad precedent. Imagine if everybody spammed them like you regularly do.

I regrettably have to forbid you from ever doing so again, and don't want an argument about it. Sorry.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you.

Truth should probably work fine, yes.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Somebody seems to have removed it already.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Can you please unlock Bai Xiaochun (Eternal World)? There's a mistake there, "1 010 000" worlds should be "1 080 000" worlds. And the justification for the finger outerversal AP is a bit incorrect. Via scaling, he should also be Nigh-Omniscient in his last key.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I am not sure. A leader is a bit wider term. I will check.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Perhaps the category could simply be edited to specify what the category is for?

In this case I'm guessing the Rulers category are for any leaders who lead a nation or country.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Yes, that is correct. Good idea. Feel free to do so.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. Is somebody else willing to rename those two pages? I am extremely busy.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Do you use a unique name for the file, so it is not taken by a preexisting image?

The_Impress

VS Battles
Retired
Add the image using the Images page, and in the title, delete the file extension. The wiki will itself determine the correct file type and let you post it.

Could we add a category for Protecters? (Work in progress name, there's probably a better one)

These are characters who's main goal for a large portion of their story is to protect one or more individuals for a noble or emotional reason (Protecting them for the sake of protecting them or for the sake of their own emotions)

This dosn't apply to characters who are simply loyal to somebody or who assist an organization, nor does it apply to characters who only protect others primarily for personal gain (Like Bodyguards). This also dosn't apply to characters who protect people in general, like Superheroes, but characters who protect a one or more specific individuals. This also dosn't apply to animals who protect their tamer (Like Pokemon or Digimon).

These characters generally feel like they need to protect a character, even if said character is capable of defending themselves.

These characters arn't nessisarly entirely heroic, and can sometimes be willing to do extremely selfish things just to protect someone, even if it's at the cost of several others. If a character is willing to let the one their protecting die for the greater good, then that likely means they don't fit into this catagory.

Examples of characters who would fit into this catagory:

Gunvolt (Most of his motive is protecting Joule and eventually others)

Joel (His main motive is protecting Ellie, and *spoilers for The Last of Us* to save her)

Brad Armstrong (His main motive in the prologue is protecting and helping Buddy, and in the game itself he basically does whatever he needs to save her)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Yes, and a "Protectors" category seems rather diffuse in the first place, so it would likely turn common for people to misunderstand and misuse it.

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
So, we forgot to remove Mid-Godly regen for Frisk. It was already agreed on, but we only did it for Chara cuz... we forgot, I guess. Still the same "relies on determination, hence not regenerating from non-existence" that was agreed on.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Did he say that phrase in one of the movies?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, we forgot to remove Mid-Godly regen for Frisk. It was already agreed on, but we only did it for Chara cuz... we forgot, I guess. Still the same "relies on determination, hence not regenerating from non-existence" that was agreed on.
Have you done this yet?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. Thanks. Tell me here when you are done.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
It may be best to wait for a content revision thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.