• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might vs Vergo

Standard Battle Assumptions, High 7-A All Might and Vergo, Speed equalized.

Scenario: Doflamingo has found interest in some of the abilities of the students of UA. He sends his most trusted subordinate, Vergo, to acquire several of them to test on in order to see if they can replicate their powers and further develop on Smile. Vergo's intentions are soon discovered by several pro heroes, but quickly dispatches of them. All Might arrives at the scene.

Victory Conditions: KO or Death

All Might: 1

Vergo: 7

Vergo Wins

Allmight fanart by christianamiel21-dbtd3gc
VergoThePirate

I suggest you equalize speed, otherwise Vergo's Massively Hypersonic stomps All Might's Supersonic. (Even though he's getting hypersonic on his profile soon.)

Assuming speed is equalized, I think All Might would win here.

Physically they are about the same, possessing near identical strength and stamina stats. They both have combat manipulation in the form of their physical abilities (All Might's various smashes, Vergo's Haki) but I don't think either of them have something that would provide a definitive victory over the other.

All Might wins here because he's gone against Nomu before (Nomu is just as strong as All Might) and physically overpowered him, even though Nomu has shock absorption. Keep in mind All Might was much weaker than usual, and had around a minute of useful combat left. The same would probably happen here, Vergo would activate his Iron Mass and proclaim that he's unstoppable, only for All Might to go PLUS ULTRA on his ass, and launch him in orbit anyway. (Keep in mind we can see Nomu glow not too long after, meaning he's moving so fast he was ignited within orbit before quickly being put out.) He can't use his Geppo to resist it either, since the force of his punch would likely prevent him from taking a jumping position, and he can't jump once he's in space, resulting in a win via BFR for All Might.

Though again, without speed equalized, Vergo stomps.

...? Speed is Equalized. Also, sending a humanoid figure flying is literally the most unimpressive feat you picked out of his achievements. Lul.

Also, that "glint" when going to the clouds is a common troupe in anime when villains get sent flying great distances. He did not leave orbit, they found him a little bit away from the building.

CinCameron20 said:
...? Speed is Equalized. Also, sending a humanoid figure flying is literally the most unimpressive feat you picked out of his achievements. Lul.
Also, that "glint" when going to the clouds is a common troupe in anime when villains get sent flying great distances. He did not leave orbit, they found him a little bit away from the building.
Didn't see speed being equalized.

My point was that All Might completely overpowered a character just as strong as him who also had shock absorption, and not only that, but managed to launch the shit out of him.

Does it being a troupe really dismiss the feat though?

I thought he sent Nomu close to orbit, but I guess I'm wrong on that one.

I still vote for All Might via his victory against a very similar opponent.

That so-called "feat" of sending "Nomu out of Orbit" is false, as Nomu was some hundreds of meters away from the building. And not to mention it would require less than town-level energies to accomplish sending a humanoid to space. Like I said--unimpressive.

Nomu's merely a brawler, and All Might took EVERYTHING he had in order to overwhelm him despite Nomu only stopping due to needing orders to operate. All Might couldn't move after that fight.

Vergo is nothing like Nomu and All Might as a fighter. What part of this don't you get?

The part where Cin is wanking one piece again ; )

But he has nothing but points.

The two have comparable ap, but vergo is just a step above in stats amplification with his armanant haki.

For once, its defensive properties will help considering haki users tend to tank attacks of similar or lower levels with ease.

Its kind of its main selling point.

He is also smarter and has a wider variety of experience for being an experienced pirate.

Albeit, I will say this on the grounds All Might fodderizes his own verse with ease considering not many are in his tier...if at all.

Vergo because stats amplification, intelligence, better defensive ability, and possibly better experience with high diff.

It takes way more than town-level energies to launch Nomu, lol. His shock absorption is what makes physically harming him so difficult, even Midoriya's 100% (which is around Large Building level) was rendered useless against him, he did not budge in the slightest. So for All Might to not just physically move him with a punch, but to actually ragdoll him is very impressive, and at least indictive of his Large Mountain strength.

Nomu was fighting back against All Might in a straight up fist fight, and despite being his physical equal, was still overwhelmed by All Might which only progressed into a full on ass-beating preventing him from really fighting back. He was just ordered to fight All Might 15 seconds ago, why would he willingly stop? It's because he was physically overwhelmed and literally could not fight back. He only stopped fighting once he was sent flying and later retrieved by the police, probably out of brain damage or just general stupidity and he forgot his initial command.

And let's not kid ourselves, Iron Mass =/= Shock Absorption, one is CLEARLY superior to the other. So even more reason for Vergo losing.

Vergo is very similar to All Might, they are both physical brawlers. Even if they aren't, I fail to see how this is relevant?

Like I said earlier, I now realize Nomu wasn't sent to orbit, but he was still launched very far despite having shock absorption.

You going to count my vote, or is this a biased thread?

@Professor - 1) Your first post was unaware that Speed was equalized, so i clarified, 2) You then said "I still vote for All Might via his victory against a very similar opponent." So I added it. Get it straight.

@Professor

Please stop this. After checking the history, Cin clearly counted your vote before you started complaining. This is very petty.

Also, Vergo FRA.

Bluetrekking said:
@Professor
Please stop this. After checking the history, Cin clearly counted your vote before you started complaining. This is very petty.

Also, Vergo FRA.
I've already dropped it.

But the bias from this thread is just oozing out.

I would love to say that All Might could go Plus Ultra on his ass, but Vergo wins FRA

It might also depend on the time, 'cause the All Might depicted in BNHA isn't at his prime and he started getting weaker after transferring OFA. If we're going with their current states, Vergo wins.

KinkiestSins said:
The part where Cin is wanking one piece again ; )
But he has nothing but points.

The two have comparable ap, but vergo is just a step above in stats amplification with his armanant haki.

For once, its defensive properties will help considering haki users tend to tank attacks of similar or lower levels with ease.

Its kind of its main selling point.

He is also smarter and has a wider variety of experience for being an experienced pirate.

Albeit, I will say this on the grounds All Might fodderizes his own verse with ease considering not many are in his tier...if at all.

Vergo because stats amplification, intelligence, better defensive ability, and possibly better experience with high diff.
Agreed with Vergo being stronger than All Might through his haki, though not enough to inherently decide the fight.

Nomu's Shock Absorption > Vergo's defensive properties. Several 7-B/7-A forms (Luffy's gears, zoro) have been shown to break through and bypass tekai. All Might had bypassed through shock absorption before, he can definitely do it to whatever iron skin technique these noobs are using.

Intelligence is around the same, All Might is #1 hero, an expert in hand to hand combat, and was smart enough to deduce Nomu's weaknesses in a few seconds. Vergo was smart enough to deceive an entire marine force, and is an experienced combatant as well, even if he is arrogant. Not sure where Vergo being smarter is coming from. All Might should have an upperhand in experience if anything.

All Might fodderizing his own verse is even debatable. Eraser Head can erase his quirk, Nomu can give him a run for his money, All For One borderline stomps him. We've seen before that when heroes work together, they can defeat even the likes of All Might (such as when he was trapped by Mineta's quirk and a group effort), and that's only taking into account Japan. The #1 American hero, Christopher Skyline having Godzilla-like strength and flight could probably take All Might, especially considering he's got all sickly and shit.

Personally, I think All Might wins because he's beaten someone as strong as Vergo whom also had shock absorption, and I believe All Might to be the more experienced fighter. (#1 hero vs pirate lul)

Your fighting experience argument is from incredulity. It just says "All Might is the #1 here and Vergo is just a pirate so he has to be more skilled", which is... wrong.

Vergo is also a VA so at least has some combat training and he also was part of the Donquixote Pirates since 10.

How is my argument any different from yours? You said he was a pirate and therefore he is smarter and more experienced. All Might is #1 hero and therefore he is smarter and more experienced.

All Might has been trained by Gran Torino (who's shown to be a combat expert himself) and has experience through fighting many different villains all with different quirks, and has always been successful. (Keep in mind he must be holding back to a degree, if he were to go 100% on every fodder villain they would die.) Not only that but in his fight against Nomu, Midoriya commented on how he wasn't just throwing punches, but how each and everyone was meaningful and calculated.

So I still think All Might is slightly more trained here.

Bluetrekking said:
Your fighting experience argument is from incredulity. It just says "All Might is the #1 here and Vergo is just a pirate so he has to be more skilled", which is... wrong.

Vergo is also a VA so at least has some combat training and he also was part of the Donquixote Pirates since 10.
^My post.

Please point out to me where I specifically said Vergo had more combat experience. I was simply pointing out your argument was flawed and I gave reasoning why he isn't just "some pirate lul".

I'd appreciate if you didn't strawman.

KinkiestSins said:
Why can't you look at your own post?

Now that I have provided more reasoning for All Might being more combat experienced, do you agree? (See my last post)

Bluetrekking said:
>Shows KinkiestSins' post
>Says I don't look at my own posts

Ok.
OOF thought I was replying to guy I originally debated. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Anyway I still have provided reasoning as to why All Might should be just as experienced if not more than Vergo.

Wait I thought that Vergo was superior to the High 7-A feat that Pica pulled off, so wouldn't that make Vegro superior to All Might in terms of physical strength and Dura?

Thatoneguy78 said:
Wait I thought that Vergo was superior to the High 7-A feat that Pica pulled off, so wouldn't that make Vegro superior to All Might in terms of physical strength and Dura?
No, his profile says he's far superior to Pica's combat ability, not combat strength or dura. All Might and Vergo are High 7-A.

Pica's feat is 6-C using PE, and that's accepted, but due to the context in the manga, it is questionable if it is exactly 12 GTs (Timeframe, how much of the land was shifted, etc), so the characters scale to a 1.2+GT feat applied by Elizabello.

Also, AP and Dura do not factor in Busoshoku enhancements.

Vergo was a marine and became Vice Admiral. That gives him some sort of militar training and is more effective than being a brawler, even if you're the # Hero. Yeah, All Might HAS combat skill and experience, but it isn't a martial artist. Yeah, Vergo didn't show many Rokushiki skills but has Geppo and Tekkai to prove that he trained himself in the martial art.

Geppo Pseudo-Flight >>> All Might Pseudo-Flight. Vergo has the the air versatility here, plus Kouka's Stats Enhancement.

Don't forget Vergo stomped Smoker, another marine with large experience and versatility. The last part of the fight was Smoker trying to steal Law's heart but Vergo still wins.

Voting for Vergo.

Back