• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might vs Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Assault's reasons more plausible here.

Additionally, Sceptile doesn't have a trainer here.

One hit is all it's really going to take to injure Sceptile and hurt his mobility, making follow up attacks simpler. Not to mention that All Might is likely a more skilled fighter (and likely has a range advantage with his shockwaves, though this is less relevant). The fact that Sceptile tends to go for CQC and not use a majority of their more versatile moves really hurts here.

>One hit is all thats needed to hurt Sceptile's mobility

Uh, Sceptile has a passive mobility amp should it get injured, hurting Sceptile will just make it harder to hit

Also Detect and Quick Dodger make hitting Sceptile very unlikely

I'm just going keep a tally for Sceptil's vote but not add them till I'm sure the original reasons were valid

All Might:1

Sceptile:7

Also Sceptile has passive abilities that make it so that one melee attack is the equivalent of three, Quick Striker and Extra Striker to be exact

"Gotta agree with Paul here. Why do all the Pokemon have every move ever?"

Because profiles come st their peak. Without the obvious game mechanics of four moves (unless you wanna say Metagross, Alakazam, Mewtwo, and Arceus only have a memory bank of four attacks), they can store any move they can learn because that's how nature works. And given profiles are at their peak (like the rest of the 10K+ profiles on the wiki), we assume the one in question hit the genetic lottery and wound up with all the possible egg moves as well as they can occasionally learn them in the wild.

@Weekly

Getting injured offsets his passive mobility amp. Say, for example, Sceptile's leg is injured, despite him getting faster, his injured leg will still be lagging, and physically won't be able to keep up with his increased speed.

Same applies to most other injured appendages.

@Andy

All Might should have 2 votes now, Assault and myself.

@Liten Except it wont, Clutch Performer literally works by making Sceptile physically move faster if it gets injured. Plus if it does actually manage to sustain an injury that would stop it from moving properly, Giga Drain or Synthesis heals him right back up

@Tron Oh sorry, wasn't sure if you had voted

All Might:2

Sceptile:7

My question is why the profiles are lumps of the anime, games, PMD, and he card game in one go.

Abilities like Extra Striker don't exist in the main series games or the anime.

Not all the files on the wiki are necessarily at peak. Comic files sure aren't.

@Weekly

Moving faster with an injured body will only exacerbate the injury. Healing certain helps. But only if Sceptile actually opts to use it.

Sceptile would take it easily with a trainer due to having a greater variety of attacks and abilities as well as stat-altering moves, but there's no guarentee Sceptile would use them on its own. A wild Sceptile would take the L from All Might.

Assaltwaffle said:
My question is why the profiles are lumps of the anime, games, PMD, and he card game in one go.

Abilities like Extra Striker don't exist in the main series games or the anime.
Every pokemon file here is a composite

Sceptile FRA.

I don't get the reasons for All Might too much other than "I don't believe the pokemon profiles should be composite."

Then read them

That wasn't even a part of the reasoning until later

"In character" was the point behind the reasoning

Eh. I still don't find it incredibly plausible. I mean, Sceptile is still a super skilled hunter. I don't think it'd limit itself to two moves, especially if the opponent is gonna be as difficult as All Might.

Who's this one Sceptile we're taking reference from?

Is it though?

It's intelligence section simply says it's cunning, and that's it.

Not that impressive compared to All Might if that's it

But Assault said "From the one we know most about."

What's he referring to when he means that and...I mean, why does one Sceptile make up how a whole species acts?

Probably talking about Ash's. I'm mainly voting fra because a Sceptile using 20+ moves has me skeptical along with the other points given for All Might.

WeeklyBattles said:
An in-character wild sceptile uses all the moves in its arsenal
It wouldn't. A wild Sceptile would use what it feels most comfortable with and what it knows to be effective. Ash's Sceptile likes Leaf Blade and Bullet Seed, and it was trained. A wild Sceptile isn't going to use random moves like Grass Whistle and other stat lowering moves because it doesn't know those would be effective against All Might, and it certainly isn't using enough strategy to lead with Agility into those moves.

"A wild Sceptile isn't going to use random moves like Grass Whistle and other stat lowering moves because it doesn't know those would be effective against All Might"

Why wouldn't they be? These kind of moves affect nearly every pokémon equally. Nothing would make it think that they wouldn't work on this "normal" human.

Holy shit, Andy and I have the same favorite Pokemon. Also, I imagine wild Pokemon would start with standard attacks, in Sceptile's case, moves like Leaf Blade and Energy Ball, moves that prioritize dealing damaege over whatever secondary effect they have, and resort to other moves depending on the situation, such as using Giga Drain when weakened, or using moves like Screech or Agility if it finds itself at a disadvantage in terms of physical stats.

@Saikou

"Why wouldn't they be? These kind of moves affect nearly every pokémon equally. Nothing would make it think that they wouldn't work on this "normal" human."

If Sceptile is engaging him seriously, he knows he isn't a normal human. Also yes, they do, but in Pokemon stat manipulation is not nearly as used as it would be normally, since Pokemon all have ways to buff up various stats. Growl isn't that impactful when it can be more than canceled out with Hone Claws or Swords Dance.

Even a non-normal humans would be affected by this, so it's not relevant.

Not all Pokémon have counters to stat lowering and even then, it wouldn't be a disavantage to use them. Forcing the opponent to use a specific move would still be advantageous.

Not if that move is not only undone, but also overdone. In a wild Pokemon fight they aren't going to be using stat lowering moves if they know damaging moves. Unless you're looking at competitive Pokemon, damage is supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back