• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alibaba (Magi) vs Natsu (Fairy Tail)

Inconclusive. Both are resistant to fire and both can absorb each other's attacks. Natsu has better range and stamina but Ali has the flight advantage, experience and intelligence advantage and Life Review definitely helps him out here.

Also, Natsu's stamina and the fact that this is his base form, he would last longer than Alibaba's djinn, which can run out by overusing it.

I agree with Aiden Alibaba would just get tired and eventually lose his form after which Natsu wins easily.

@William

Uhh, no? Because Amon also absorbs fire energy as well. It absorbed both regular flames for a gasoline fire and flames created from Kouen. And before someone comments, he does this with his BASE form.

He does not have to be in Djinn Equip to absorb flames. In other words, they literally eat eachothers flames. And Amon eats flames to either get him partial djinn equips and likely full Djinn equips. So if that is out the way, we got to look at other factors.

Speed goes to Natsu. He is Mach 1300 while Alibaba is Mach 965+ casually without an upper limit. So lets round aggresively up to Mach 1000 since he is MHS+ I dont think it is enough for a speed blitz, but it is worthy of mention. Plus we can equalize speeds.

As for AP, Alibaba has the higher raw ap but since that is with extreme magic, I will not count it.

Durability. Inconclusive.

Intelligence: Combat Wise, Natsu. Everything else, Alibaba. And even here, Alibaba uses weapons and is great with unarmed combat, so I lean to Alibaba here.

Experience: Inconclusive.

Stamina and Endurance: Natsu has the edge with stamina in combat, but this is not that big of a gap. Remember that Alibaba survived in a dungeon for days constantly fighting, on very little food and water as resources and did it not once, but twice.

Based in feats in the story, Alibaba actually has similar feats so it is not much to make a conclusive argument for Imo. Yeah, Inconclusive. Since Alibaba cant hurt Natsu and vice versa, plus their cqc is similar and their feats are also similar, I dont think one has the edge over the other.

Plus, Alibaba has the mobility advantage.

Natsu can win by destroying Ali's metal vessal and if Natsu plays it smart (Which will probably never happen) he can even stomp.

@Kink that's your opinion, but i have mine so i don't see why you refer specifically to me and since i talked about stamina which Natsu has the upper hand indeed there is nothing for me to discus. Mobility advantage won't help you if you can't hurt your enemie.

@Kink why you even talk about Base Alibaba, his base is just wall level, so Natsu stomps badly if he goes like that.

Also Natsu is not an complete idiot, he has faced enemies that were immune to his flames and found ways to circumvert them

AidenBrooks999 said:
@Kink why you even talk about Base Alibaba, his base is just wall level, so Natsu stomps badly if he goes like that.

Also Natsu is not an complete idiot, he has faced enemies that were immune to his flames and found ways to circumvert them
Should have clarified, Base Alibaba means him without djinn weapon equip, but still has his weapon.

And Natsu cant hurt Alibaba. Both of you act like Alibaba going just throw fireballs at natsu until he gets his full strength back lol.

In all seriousness, I will play devils advocate. Even if Natsu has the greater other stats, he cant get past Alibabas flight and he can absorb fire just as well as natsu can.

Also, he has not. He had to either to go Dragon Force, Damage himself, or absorb an superior element IE: Godslayer Flames.

The chance of him absorbing Alibaba flames is the exact same as Alibaba absorbing Natsu's flame. Without PIS, I doubt either or will have an advantage over one another. But we even set that aside, he has absorbed 'superior' flames in the past via Kouen Rens flames. So no matter how you look at it. Thus inconclusive.

@William No disrespect, I just soloed in on you because your reasoning forgets a few things imo. I did not mean to come off as rude, my bad.

My reasoning stands.

-BANLK- said:
Natsu can win by destroying Ali's metal vessal and if Natsu plays it smart (Which will probably never happen) he can even stomp.
Metal Vessels aren't exactly easily destroyed, And even then, he is still a Djinn carrier and put it into in a nearby weapon or item.

I doubt natsu can even destroy it, since Amon is At Least 7-C with it. If he had Dragon Force or Lightning Dragon Mode, sure. But he doesnt. That would mean we use Low 7-B natsu and he definitely stomps.

Edit: Also, I prefer Natsu way more (Cant believe I just said that)

I want him to win but he does not have the skill sets to take him down and I think my reasoning is backed up in both verses.

Even with verse equalization, Natsu is faster but Alibaba has more mobility.

Natsu can hurt Alibaba just like Alibaba can hurt Natsu cause they both have physical attacks, but the point is Natsu has greater stamina so he will resist longer. Mobility is pointless here as Natsu can as well just steal his sword and then what? He can't really do anything than go into h2h.

My and others point is Natsu always remains having the only relevant advantage here that is stamina.

WilliamShadow said:
Natsu can hurt Alibaba just like Alibaba can hurt Natsu cause they both have physical attacks, but the point is Natsu has greater stamina so he will resist longer. Mobility is pointless here as Natsu can as well just steal his sword and then what? He can't really do anything than go into h2h.

My and others point is Natsu always remains having the only relevant advantage here that is stamina.
I already illustrated that the two already have comparable stamina. He was stuck in a dungeon with life threatning traps, monsters and more for days, and did fine.

Also, in character, I doubt Natsu would steal something from someone. Saying he would is a huge assumption.

And for physical attacks, Natsu admitedly has the edge. But that aint going to do anything if he cant fly. And in character, Alibaba flys 70-80 percent of the time with his Djinn Equip.

Natsu can jump high. But he cant fly for a long period of time. Still inconclusive.

He flies, but he must get close to Natsu if he wants to fight him. Natsu never really fought someone against whom he was costrected to just take away the weapon.

WilliamShadow said:
He flies, but he must get close to Natsu if he wants to fight him. Natsu never really fought someone against whom he was costrected to just take away the weapon.
Why do you think i say inconclusive?

I think if Natsu could get close somehow and beat the living daylights out of Alibaba, then sure, he can win.

But I dont see stamina as a reasoning for winning. Since the two are comparable in that realm.

Fire countering? Yeah, he does that too.

Sure, he is faster.

I just dont think it is enough.

Natsu likely cant oneshot him (if he has a casual MCB+ feat, then lets assume he is mid town level, same as alibaba)

A few shots in, Alibaba would djinn equip and fly in the air and natsu cant touch him.

As for who can last longer, Natsu would keep shooting fire at him, Alibaba 'eats' it and he is replinished at least Djinn wise.

I dont remember once Natsu disarming someone. I admit I could be wrong, but him taking his sword is unlikely at best.

Natsu never fought someone he had to disarm to win. Also, why would Natsu randomly attack Alibaba if the dude just absorbs the flames lol. Also, assuming that Alibaba is just gonna stay in or ran away has no sense.

WilliamShadow said:
Natsu never fought someone he had to disarm to win. Also, why would Natsu randomly attack Alibaba if the dude just absorbs the flames lol. Also, assuming that Alibaba is just gonna stay in or ran away has no sense.
Same can be said to you.

Why would Alibaba shoot flames at Natsu if he knows the same?

This logic is not two ways is exactly what I am saying.

And he has run away from fights before to gather time to think.

As he did with Garda.

Also, eventually either one of them would get bored and leave most likely.

Wanna add time perception makes him likely very hard to hit and likely brings him comparable to Natsu in speed.

WilliamShadow said:
Lol just leave the battle, cause they are hungry.
Yeah, I can see that.

For the record, if this was Dragon Force Natsu, he stomps.

I cant really say conclusively who wins.

For fun sake.

If there was a round where speed was equalized, inconclusive regardless.

Round with only partial djinn equip alibaba or dragon force natsu, he takes this easily.

Complete Djinn Equip Alibaba and Dragon Force Natsu.

Inconclusive, lean to Natsu. Since although he cant fly, he did jump a good hundred or so feat to smash Jellal's gut.

This fight has ALOT of depth and it is a good matchup

Better then Aladdin and Natsu thats for sure...

Natsu can almost fly with flames like when he reached Igneel and Acnologia. Plus this is Natsu with dragon force at least power wise, not dragon force form.

WilliamShadow said:
Natsu can almost fly with flames like when he reached Igneel and Acnologia. Plus this is Natsu with dragon force.
Thats later on in the story, but fair point.

He has shown to have psuedo flight at occassions. (Like when he fought Erik/Cobra)

His last one? Would be mid-high from the seven dragon flames for being superior to the other 2 high 6-C tiers. That said this match didn't get any attention anyway so i doubt it will now.

hmm.

I lean to natsu here via ap oneshot but I still partially say inconclusive.

Also, he is High 6-C with a full djinn equip, which will eventually run out. Natsu magic supply might replinish his supplies though..

For now, I will assume he is at least twice as strong as Alibaba (276 gigatons to like, 400-600 gigatons or so)

Twice as strong is not a one shot and going more than 400 is too much as its based on scailing rather than calced feat.

Blanked said:
Twice as strong is not a one shot and going more than 400 is too much as its based on scailing rather than calced feat.
tbh, I am just eyeballing a number to him.

Dont quote me on it.

Theglassman12 said:
Shouldn't this be closed for being a stomp now? Alibaba doesn't have a 7-C tier anymore
No, we will just use their High 6-C Versions.

Which I guess to start this off, I will change my vote to Natsu since he will likely have better control with his lightning dragon mode.

Alibaba cant absorb lightning and he can now use it effectively.

And this is not includng 7 flame dragon mode, which he has poison hax...

so yeah, Natsu with mid diff due to lightning and poison hax, and alibabas time limit.

Back