• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better

BTW, Alice can beat his regen as he requires biomass to continuously regenerate, but Alex can bypass hers easier by consuming her, but he needs to weaken her first which is easier for him due to his sheer versatility

Going with Alex

Gargoyle One said:
he requires biomass to continuously regenerate
Not exactly. He can actually regenerate without biomass, it's just that his Regenerationn is much slower without it and might not be combat applicable.

@PaChi2 which version of Mercer is used for this fight?

Does Alex have his entire arsenal, including the Force multipliers and the 81% of Manhattan population, or do you limit it? Also, how does his consumption work exactly?

Not exactly. He can actually regenerate without biomass, it's just that his Regenerationn is much slower without it and might not be combat applicable.

That was been long since debunked

Hell the ending involves him nearly dying and failing to regenerate had he not consumed a Crow.

GoldenScorpions said:
Does Alex have his entire arsenal, including the Force multipliers and the 81% of Manhattan population, or do you limit it? Also, how does his consumption work exactly?
The consumed ones aren't really multipliers otherwise he would be Low 7C.

His consumption is basically "Beat the crap out of a person until you can eat them"

GoldenScorpions said:
how does his consumption work exactly?
It works by biologically absorbing the target (like their biomass, DNA, or essence), assimilating them, resulting in Mercer gaining the target's memories, skills, abilities, and powers. While there is no official information about the exact mechanics about how consume works, Alex's consume ability is powerful enough to absorb beings with Low-High Regenerationn (such as the Evolveds, with each being comparable to his Prototype 1 self, apparently. And he did it casually at that) without even needing to weaken them. While the gameplay only shows Mercer consuming his targets after weakening them first, he was proven to be able to absorb his victims just through physical contact alone like in the Prototype comics (which is canon by the way) where he absorbed a janitor without even attacking him (just merely touching him in the back), or when he absorbed 8 of the Evolved without even weakening them beforehand (Verse Equalisation should mean that Mercer's consume ability, without weakening his target, should work on enemies that isn't a human or Evolved, just as long as they didn't show any resistances towards biological Absorbtion and Biological Manipulation) as I've mentioned above.

@PaChi2 strongest version that makes it fair? I don't know about that. However, since both versions of Mercer is apparently Tier 8-A, I'm just going to go along and use the Prototype 2 version.

Also, what prevents this match from being a stomp? I don't see Alice having any resistances towards diseases or biological manipulation in her profile, and her lack of versatility would be her downfall for this fight. Her lifting strength of Class 1 is abysmal in comparison to Mercer's Class K or Class M, so she probably wouldn't even be able to escape once he grapples her. Scaling from Cranberry, the strongest magical girl in Alice's series, she has a calculated output of 1.6E+12 J. The explosion that levelled a military base in Prototype 1 was calculated to that of 1.59E+12 (1.59 is just 1.6 anyways if you round it up), which Mercer tanked with absolutely no injuries. Based from that, Alice wouldn't even be able to inflict any noticeable damage on Mercer. And her Regenerationn not being fast enough could be overwhelmed by Mercer's fast consume ability, which could work in seconds.

What's exactly stopping Mercer from just spearing Alice with his Whipfist, pull Alice towards him with his superior lifting strength, and then start consuming her upon making physical contact with her and get done with it? Or even just thrash her around once he's gotten a grasp on her and finish her off with his consumption? As the OP didn't specificy where the location is, the standard SBA would assume it takes place in New York, which means... Well, looks like Mercer now has plenty of civilians around him to use as his own snacks and "health packs" during the battle.

That was been long since debunked

Hell the ending involves him nearly dying and failing to regenerate had he not consumed a Crow.

There's no evidence to prove that Mercer would've died if he didn't consume the crow. And Health Regenerationn is a thing in Prototype due to gameplay, even if it's not as great as regenerating through biomass.

Even if that's the case, as the OP didn't specify the location that this fight takes place in, we have to assume it's New York. In which case, Mercer now has plenty of "health packs" around him in he form of civilians and such.

Gargoyle One said:
<No resistances towards diseases

Alice is immune to toxins, so....Yeah
Toxins are not the same as diseases. And the Blacklight Virus in Prototype is by no means an ordinary virus, as it has performed feats that clearly violates the laws of biology and physics. Still doesn't change the fact that Alice could still get consumed by Mercer due to her lacking resistance towards Biological Manipulation based from her profile.

DeathNoodles said:
Alex's consume ability is powerful enough to absorb beings with Low-High Regenerationn
Since Alice's regen goes up to High, wouldn't she be unaffected by the consumption? Her profile may say "up to High over time", but it's really just a few minutes at most, and her gore is living, meaning it can still move around with no issues

Gargoyle One said:
I thought Toxinfms were linked to diseases and even cause them?
They cause diseases, but they still aren't the diseases themselves, nor are they viruses.

Alice's resistance towards Toxins means she's only proven to be resistance towards it. Saying she is resistant to, say, viruses due to being resistant to toxins is NLF, especially without evidence to support such.

Since Alice's regen goes up to High, wouldn't she be unaffected by the consumption? Her profile may say "up to High over time", but it's really just a few minutes at most, and her gore is living, meaning it can still move around with no issues

Why would High regen be unaffected by consumption?

You're consumed, there's nothing to regen

Her profile states her Regenerationn can be overwhelmed and that she can die if she receives damage faster than she can regenerate. Guess what? Mercer's consume ability works within seconds.

Gargoyle One said:
Why would High regen be unaffected by consumption?

You're consumed, there's nothing to regen
I only said that bc Noodles mentioned "beings with Low-High Regenerationn" and Alice's regen is higher than that. I interpreted what he said as Mercer's consumption being effective only up to Low-High regen. My bad

PaChi2 said:
Because he needs to consume on an atomical scale?
"Her profile states her Regenerationn can be overwhelmed and that she can die if she receives damage faster than she can regenerate". "Her actual Regenerationn speed isn't fast, taking a few minutes" (from her profile). "Mercer's consume ability works within seconds".

What. I'm pretty sure Mercer can overwhelm her Regenerationn with his consume ability.

GoldenScorpions said:
I assume some characters have escaped or countered Mercer's consumption? How did they do it?
None of them did. The only exception is Heller, but that's most likely because of PIS, since the reason Heller didn't get consumed was because of his "lol stubborn DNA" BS.

None of them did. The only exception is Heller, but that's most likely because of PIS, since the reason Heller didn't get consumed was because of his "lol stubborn DNA" BS.

That was also because his biomass was too much for Alex to consume which is extremely verse specific

Gargoyle One said:
That was also because his biomass was too much for Alex to consume which is extremely verse specific
Citation needed.

Also, I'm going to bed now. I'll get back to this topic tommorrow.

That's where Alex gets the "Stubborn DNA" from, there was too much for him to consume so it fought back.

Granted, that would give Heller resistance to absorbtion.

From my knowledge, the "poison/illness immunity" of the girls is stated as an ability that works on a general scale, so I have no idea if there are more detailed implications. Granted, I've only read two arcs, so I could ask someone more well-versed if something more is mentioned

I asked A6solute who's well-versed in the series.

Me: "Are there any specifics to the poison/illness immunity of magical girls, or is it a general ability?"

Him: "Yes, it is a general ability. MG's body =/= human's body. MGs cannot be poisoned. They cannot be ill. They are like magical robots. For example, Shufflins are real magical robots (in humanoid form). And their bodies = usual MGs bodies."

Good enough

Regardless, Alice can't really beat his regen barring from just beating him to death and starving him of Biomass

Gargoyle One said:
Regardless, Alice can't really beat his regen barring from just beating him to death and starving him of Biomass
Even scaling from Cranberry's calculated attack (Cranberry is the strongest magical girl in the entire series, last I've checked), Alice wouldn't even be able to physically harm him since Mercer tanked an explosion (that leveled a military base) with essentially the same output as Cranberry's calculated attack point-blank, while taking absolutely no damage. Due to Mercer's durability, his superior lifting strength and his versatility, Alice physically beating him to death is not an option.

Starving Mercer of biomass is going to be very difficult as there'll be tons of humans everywhere around Mercer, with the fact that he can use Whipfist to gather them to him at a distance. Last I've checked, Alice is restricted to just melee range, based on what the profile said. That option is as good as gone as Mercer outranges her in that area.

I don't think Alice having a body similar to magical robots would help her chances as Mercer's consume ability has worked on his victim's clothes (converting them into biomass), and even being able to replicate electronic devices through it. Based from what I've read in her profile, her body should still be biological enough for it to work (why does the profile use the term "tissue" if her body isn't biological?). His consume ability should still overwhelm her Regenerationn.

DeathNoodles said:
Based from what I've read in her profile, her body should still be biological enough for it to work (why does the profile use the term "tissue" if her body isn't biological?).
Her body is biological. What A6solute is saying is that the body of MGs have similar properties to magical robots, aka being completely immune to any poison and illnesses (and thus by extension bacteries and viruses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back