• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice's AP would be above baseline 8-A (granted, it's unknown how much higher she would be), but she's physically stronger than Calamity Mary, who scales to a character (Swim Swim) who survived Cranberry's attack, Swim Swim being weaker than Alice.

However, I do agree that Alice has nearly no way of harming Mercer. Mercer has her beat in range and versatility by far, and unless Alice somehow escapes the city to fight Mercer without people nearby, which would be way too hard, she won't be able to really touch him.

GoldenScorpions said:
Alice's AP would be above baseline 8-A (granted, it's unknown how much higher she would be), but she's physically stronger than Calamity Mary, who scales to a character (Swim Swim) who survived Cranberry's attack, Swim Swim being weaker than Alice.
However, I do agree that Alice has nearly no way of harming Mercer. Mercer has her beat in range and versatility by far, and unless Alice somehow escapes the city to fight Mercer without people nearby, which would be way too hard, she won't be able to really touch him.
I could say the same for Mercer's durability, since he has an Armor form that reduces incoming damage heavily (don't know to how much extent either), and has the Shield ability to block and deflect attacks. When the explosion happened, it happened on the earlier stages of the Prototype 1 game, meaning Mercer didn't even have his Armor form or his Shield ability to reduce damage. Which means, he's able to withstood such a blast with only his base durability and took absolutely no damage. And Mercer has only gotten stronger later on (where he can shrug off attacks from other enemies his own tier, 8-A, and such).

Okay.

Because, even if Alice won't get affected by his toxins, he can still use his thingies to completely tie her up. Plus, 1.35 million people will be after her (81% of Manhattan), and she isn't someone to kill civilians

GoldenScorpions said:
With Mercer at max potential, Alice can't even do anything. She'll just be like a helpless stringed puppet
You type this then why did you bump it?

Is it not a stomp?

Actually, wait a sec. It might not be a stomp.

If Alice's AP is 382 tons and Mercer's is 127 tons (from this), then even if Mercer tangles Alice, she'll be able to break through. And since her body will automatically reject his virus thingies, he can't overwhelm her.

No?

GoldenScorpions said:

If Alice's AP is 382 tons and Mercer's is 127 tons (from this), then even if Mercer tangles Alice, she'll be able to break through. And since her body will automatically reject his virus thingies, he can't overwhelm her.

No?
That's early game Alex, he's a lot stronger by the end of the game.

The exact number is unknown but Prototype 1 Alex tanked a 125 Ton explosion with no damage in the beginning of the game. And he's above people who are>>>That by the end of Prototype 1

Not sure why he can't overwhelm Alice just because of an AP disadvantage though.

My thought process was that, if Alice is stronger enough than Mercer, she could easily tear his tendrils, preventing him from keeping her binded.

She can't easily destroy his tendrils before getting consumed especially with her notable but ultimately doable AP advantage

She can do it, just not easily.

GoldenScorpions said:

Where is the calculations that's says it's 382 tons? Based from the calc I've read from Cranberry's casual attack, she outputs roughly the same amount of joules of energy as the same explosion that Mercer tanked. And from what I can tell, Alice scales from a character that can survive Cranberry's attack, I haven't seen anything from the profiles that suggest that the character can actually tank it, so durability or AP from those characters and Alice being scaled to that shouldn't necessarily be as high as Cranberry's AP at the very least. There's also the fact that Mercer can use his Armour form to raise his durability even higher.

Her "immunity" to poisons and illnesses doesn't mean anything as she lacks resistance to biological manipulation, which is what Mercer's Blacklight Virus is all about. They're not ordinary viruses (The Redlight Virus is a virus made on the Prototype-verse ages ago, and has shown feats of being able to spread itself over inanimate objects and possible even infect them. Inanimate objects. And the Blacklight Virus was created to be deadlier and superior to that, where it has shown feats of being able to absorb clothes and replicate electronic devices. It can perform some kind of limited Matter Manipulation), so resistances to diseases alone wouldn't be enough to resist the kind of HAX that Mercer has. Mercer would ultimately still overwhelm her with his consume ability (which we don't even know the exact mechanics of how it absorbs stuff, but it's pretty effective for defeating foes with Regenerationn, based from what I've gathered about it).

Even if we're assuming Alice has the AP for this, there's also the fact that Alice's Class 1 lifting strength is absolutely dwarfed by Mercer's Class K or M lifting strength, which means that if Mercer manages to restrain her entire body (the movement of her arms, legs, and even head), she wouldn't be able to break out of it as she wouldn't even get the opportunity to land a strike once that happens (his Regenerationn, due to his stored reserves of biomass, means that his tendrils would manage to regenerate from Alice's physical strikes enough that it manages to completely more restrain her). When in that situation, striking strength isn't a factor for breaking out anymore, lifting strength is (which Alice lacks in comparison to Mercer).

Edit: Oops, my mistake. Mercer has only tanked one of the three explosions, which only gives roughly the same output as Cranberry's attack when all 3 of them combined together. But, it still doesn't change the fact that Mercer can raise his durability even further (as his Armour form raises his durability heavily, based from what the profile said. Since I don't exactly know the extent of the multiplier, I'll be safe and stick with 2x the boost of his durability), and his tendrils should be as tough as his best durability, if his devastators says anything about that. Mercer can still physically restrain her with his tendrils due to his vastly superior lifting strength, and can take her out with his consume ability upon making physical contact with her.

I'm not sure how Lifting Strength would help, but you make fair points otherwise.

Well, I guess it is a stomp then. Alice can't do anything back, especially not against an EoS Mercer

This is Prototype 1 Mercer, not EOS

At least, it should be, since EOS Mercer is becoming Low 7C

DeathNoodles said:
since both versions of Mercer is apparently Tier 8-A, I'm just going to go along and use the Prototype 2 version.
DeathNoodles' arguments all along have been about Prototype 2 Mercer, so I thought we were using that.

If the 2 versions of Mercer are different, how come both his keys are 8-A, then? Shouldn't the 2nd key be 7-C on his profile?

Even with using Prototype 1 Mercer, wouldn't he casually stomp her still with his hax? Since speed is equalized, it's not like she can close in on him

Gargoyle One said:
This is Prototype 1 Mercer, not EOS

At least, it should be, since EOS Mercer is becoming Low 7C
I'm technically using Prototype 2 Mercer at base, not when he has his Evolved form as a result of consuming 8 Evolved. He should still be tier 8A, but probably still superior to his Prototype 1 self.

Slower but wiser Carnage is now low 7-C, so either Prototype 1 Alex Mercer vs Hardgore Alice or... thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back