• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Russo Downgrade

hmm I dont know its hard to judge because claims of "chain reaction feat" is a popular use these days to try and downplay someone, like that Frieza only hitting the Namek core thing lol... but prolly an expert of this verse would decide if this is chain reaction feat

Shouldnt Alex EoS be a part of the "likely far higher"? When Alex got mastery over her powers in the movie she did it when she was still at an in-experienced age for obvious reasons. Alex when she's older and actually becomes the family wizard should be much more powerful than she was in the movie.

Can you explain further please? Did she rewrite her entire timeline, or simply change one thing in the past that caused a domino effect?

As I thought; Here's the feat, she just put everything back to normal, which is not a Low 2-C feat at all.

+ she did so with a unique magical stone that only gives you one wish as opposite to her actual powers.

She had the Dream Stone for less than a minute and can't use it again (says the person who wants to make items in Smash part of the equipment of the playable characters).

If she used it for a feat then it should count for her as a rating. All we have to do is just note it as what I said, plus put in weaknesses that she can only use it one time. A last resort tactic.

There are characters here who have similar ratings im sure of.

Well, ok with that, but is the feat really Low 2-C? Fixing something done with Causality Manip is just more Causality Manip, and a common thing in some verses.

If Mephisto were to undo his deal with Spider-Man would that be a Low 2-C feat?

I am also very uncertain about giving her such an extreme upgrade for an item that she only had for 1 minute. In addition, in plenty of verses it is possible to change the timeline not via brute force, but via time travel or some other means of minor causality manipulation. We should preferably evaluate such instances on a case by case basis.

When she wished to fix everthing back to normal the Dream Stone just send her back moments before her initial Causality Manip. Just like in Shrek Forever, so this would be like saying that Rumpelstiltskin's contracts are Low 2-C.

I'm ok with her having the Dream Stone, but the item is just not Low 2-C.

Well at least it was implied that it could be done by a full wizard without the help of an item, which she eventually became at the end. Meaning you don't necessarily need that thing.

I also have to say that her 4-B feat appears to be an outlier. Alex and other wizard wrote things in space using stars, but

• The show didn't had any tier 4 feats or planetary threats, at best some storm creation feat.
  • Magic can't be shown to normal humans, so them moving stars doesn't make any sense.
  • They don't have the telekinesis mastery they should, it's just average.

Maybe two separate tier statistics would be better then? One for the strength of her everyday abilities, and another for her star-moving hax?

I think we should ignore the feat and make her "10-B physically, Unknown with magic" until having a calc.

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense.

Eficiente said:
  • The show didn't had any tier 4 feats or planetary threats, at best some storm creation feat.
  • Magic can't be shown to normal humans, so them moving stars doesn't make any sense.
  • They don't have the telekinesis mastery they should, it's just average.
I disagree with 4-B being an outlier. It's like you said yourself, magic cannot be shown to non-wizards, so of course none of these wizards would be consistently busting out such powerful magic all the time when they spend half their life hiding their magic from the world. That explains this perfectly.

Also, the show definitely has shown planetary threats, such as the Asteroid that wouldve destroyed it. But obviously these guys wouldnt just one shot it for a number of reasons.

The 4-B rating should stay.

Could you give links to this plural amount of planetary threats including the Asteroid?

As I said, with both statements and the feats they show they don't have anything remotely near 4-B, so I disagree with your point.

Does she ever use magic to amp her defenses? It seems odd for her durability to be only human level and imply she has never taken a hit in the whole series.

And it's like I said. Other than the workings of PIS, these wizards spend half their lives hiding their magic instead of outright using it left and right to prevent their powers from being exposed to non-wizards as it's against the rules of the wizard world.

You can't expect them to consistently bust out tier 4 magic because of that.

Except that this is 90% of what the show demonstrates, we can judge outliers from it. Alex and his brothers also solved problems that full wizards couldn't, and the "let's not forget that we are less powerful now" it's not as present as you are implying.

If its what 90% of the show demonstrates then im kind of not sure how outliers can be judged from that as that would just fall more in line with my point.

Also, whats this about them solving problems full wizards couldnt? That isn't true at all. The only full wizards we've seen in the show are the likes of their uncle Kelbo (who's even more dumb than max and would seriously be hit with the CIS stick) and Professor Crumbs, the latter who lets them solve these problems to test them to see how far they go as wizards.

Still waiting to see links to the plural amount of planetary feats.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
If its what 90% of the show demonstrates then im kind of not sure how outliers can be judged from that as that would just fall more in line with my point.
And I don't get the logic of this.

Because if thats what the show mostly goes by, then obviously your not going to get a lot of threats, showings or feats on that scale in such a setting.

That doesnt mean these guys aren't that powerful. Heck, there's pretty much no instance in this show where they even need to demonstrate tier 4 power or anything remotely close to it in situations.

Also, my bad, by threats I meant threat. The asteroid was likely the only situation in the show that actually meant a threat in a destructive form and context.

I don't like disagreeing with you but I still believe that the tier 4 feat is an outlier. I have not much to say in that topic so I'll wait to hear other options.

@Ant Could you unlock Alex's profile so I may perform the accepted changes? Her profile should also stay permanently unlocked.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Russo

Okay. I will unlock the page.

I am not sure about keeping it unlocked though, given the controversy about the statistics.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread.

I suggested that the 4-B feat is an outlier, I expect to see more opinions about it. Not sure who would be interested tho.

Back