• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
The small splatter of meat that used to be Alex Mercer sunk into the dark blue depths of the ocean. The nuke had nearly obliterated him and he could barely think when he was this small. He needed biomass and he needed it now. "I'M READY!" A loud, optimistic voice declared as its owner rocketed out of bed. The cheerful sea sponge quickly bouncing out the door and down the street to his workplace. His happy huming and cheerful waltz came to a dead halt as he saw a massive dark blob sink down from the sky. "Flapping flotsam, what's that!" The dark mass landed on top of the town and soon began te feast, pulling in massive buildings as screams of terror and anguish began sounding out. Spongebob quickly turned around and ran in terror. He slammed the house door shut and dived under the bed. After a measly few minutes that felt like years, the screaming stopped.

"I-is it gone?" Spongebob slowly forced himself out of his house. He looked up in terror, the looming, dreaded figure of Alex Mercer looming over him. Mercer was oblivious to the small sea sponge, this small colony of fish had provided him with just enough biomass to regenerate back to perfect health. With nothing left to do here, Mercer leapt, rocketing himself towards the surface. The resulting shockwave reduced Spongebobs house to nothing, the force nearly obliterating him. Spongebob quickly regenerated and looked around. There was nothing left, Patrick's rock, Squidward's head, all had been consumed without even a single sign of their prior existence. Try as he might, Spongebob would never see his friends again.

~

Alex Mercer gave a tired sigh as he tore apart another tank. Another day, another Blackwatch squad sent after him. He wished these quys would just leave him alone. Mercer's rampage was halted as a sudden bubble formed around him, lifting him into the air. With an annoyed growl, Mercer popped the bubble and turned to face whoever sent it. "Alright, punk. That's far enough." Invincibubble said, trying his best to look intimidating. Mercer froze and blanched in complete and utter confusion as to what the hell he was looking at. "Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs. This is for all of them. You ate my friends and now you're gonna pay for it!" The words barely processed as Mercer was trying to wrap his head around a talking sponge, but he quickly shook himself out of it. "What the hell are you even talking about?" Alex honestly couldn't recall, he had so many memories is his head that it was hard to keep them all straight. Then it hit him. "Wait, are you from the fish colony awhile back?" It'd explain why the talking sponge was pissed, but it still wouldn't explain the damn talking sponge. "You know what, don't answer that. I don't care. Let's just get this over with."

FIGHT!

~

Both at 8-A. Speed Equalized. Semi-bloodlusted Spongebob(as in, he'll be taking this seriously but he's still in character).

Worried Spongebob
Gary never came home.

vs.
Alex Mercer Prototype
Because I ate him.

Mercer can probably just eat Spongebob and gain his regen from that.

He's also way more intelligent, skilled, has better abilities he uses in-character and a very high AP advantage

A cartoonish kitchen tool character versus someone with physical growth hormone problems.

Just picture that over and over again in your head right now.

Christian Higdon said:
Great. Alex FRA, I suppose.
Now to go cry in the corner.
Well don't worry Mr. Higdon, I have and idea... Though the execution is as of now iffy, but later on Sponge will stomp Alex and won't even know what him... But yea for now SpongeBob is screwed. xD

Yeah. Thanks a lot, you've gotten me a bit angry.

Nobody likes me when I'm angry.

I don't like myself when I'm angerie.

I'm surprised how well this match works (kinda, but that's better than I thought). Since Spongebob is slightly bloodlusted this gives him a few chances to win like bfring Alex with a strike or transmutation but I'm going to vote Alex. Spongebob technical has better abilities but the abilities Alex has allows him to avoid spongebob's more dangerous abilities and Alex's bigger AoE attacks and his superior skill allow him to absorb spongebob which would get past spongbob's regen.

Spongebob´s transmutation and BFR are not combat applicable really, and this seems like a stomp if you ask me.

I can´t see a way for Spongebob to win unless he is granted the Goofy Goober Guitar to spam electricity or something.

Bfr in this case is spongebob literally punching Alex miles away as I believe that's technically how spongebob got his ap. Transmutation is combat applicable it just inconsistently used. Also everything Alex does minus absorption fails due to regen.

Spongebob doesn´t really punches in character in his 8-A key, however, and the transmutation was applied to himself, meaning that at best it´s hardly usable.

He turned Patrick into Mayo once and he has a few items that can do it as well (though they're not standard equipment). Spongebob here is slightly bloodlusted so him throwing at a punch or two when all the bubble fail isn't unlikely.

Late reply but he turned Patrick into Mayo at the end of the episode he thought he turned squidward into ice cream.

It was in Hocus Pocus, right at the end. Patrick said he was hungry so he requested SpongeBob to turn him into a jar of mayo so he can eat himself, and SpongeBob granted that wish

Mmmm... in that case, considering Spongebob is sort of bloodlusted, he can lead with it.

But wouldn´t that make it a stomp in the other side?

Back