• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Because yes.

Both are fully equipped

SpongeBob is bloodlusted, has his optional equipment, and has a month of prep

Fight is in an abandoned Times Square

Reddit nihilist:

Optimist:

Kid named SCP-682:

Last edited:
Rick unironically uses time stop and instantly wins. Spongebob has no resistance to time stop period and he even implies in an episode that it would victimize him, Rick wins.

its spongebob o clock.

okay so right off the bat spongebob's absurd luck will be an issue, for reference, it causes skilled fighters to just. kind of miss their shots and attacks. he can also destroy rick's tech by laughing, as well as drive rick insane with said laughing. rick also has no counters to spongebob's type 8 immortality. or spongebob just passively reading his mind

its spongebob o clock.

okay so right off the bat spongebob's absurd luck will be an issue, for reference, it causes skilled fighters to just. kind of miss their shots and attacks. he can also destroy rick's tech by laughing, as well as drive rick insane with said laughing. rick also has no counters to spongebob's type 8 immortality. or spongebob just passively reading his mind
I don’t remember SpongeBob negating equipment with laughs, but madness manip wouldn’t do well against someone who is already mentally insane. There was an episode where Rick started freaking out due to how horrid a cat’s backstory was, but it made him want to kill the cat more if said cat didn’t leave. He would probably use his time stop device to stop Spongebob from laughing, inconning him.

To the passive luck, there’s no reason why it would stop Rick from stopping time. As you mentioned it specifically goes when Spongebob is in danger (it doesn’t activate most of the time but), but Rick isn’t putting spongebob in “danger”, he’s just immobilizing Spongebob there without hurting him.

I don’t remember SpongeBob negating equipment with laughs
its in his profile;
Madness Manipulation Types 2 and 3; His laughter drove Plankton insane and can even destroy Plankton's advanced technology from said laugh as seen in "Shopping Lists".
madness manip wouldn’t do well against someone who is already mentally insane.
it realistically would, no matter ones mental state, they'd still be victim to madness manipulation i'd imagine unless they resist it

but for the time stop, i can maybe see reactive evolution coming in clutch, after some time, he should eventually become unaffected by it.

its in his profile;

Madness Manipulation Types 2 and 3; His laughter drove Plankton insane and can even destroy Plankton's advanced technology from said laugh as seen in "Shopping Lists".
I've rewatched the episode, and it likely wouldn't work on Rick. Plankton's technology at the time was meant to detect sounds, it was made so Plankton can eavesdrop on Krabs, so when it heard Spongebob's laugh, he somehow madness maniped a computer?? Either way, Rick's technology wouldn't necessarily "hear" Spongebob, so I would say that the chances of Spongebob negating his tech is very low.
it realistically would, no matter ones mental state, they'd still be victim to madness manipulation i'd imagine unless they resist it
It probably depends on how the opponent would react to the madness manipulation. Some characters lose the will to fight, some want to kill themself and some want to kill their opponent even more to prevent it. Rick pointed a gun to his head when he saw the cat but stopped himself and would've killed the cat if the cat didn't go away despite Jerry throwing up and rolling on the ground crying via what he had seen.
but for the time stop, i can maybe see reactive evolution coming in clutch, after some time, he should eventually become unaffected by it.
Ignoring the fact that I don't think this is reactive evolution, considering that it would make no sense narratively for the "orb of confusion" to keep its effects after it's turned off (I might make a thread about it cause I don't think this hax should be on the profile), I think evolving to resist mind hax is much different than resisting time stop. Here it's just messing your mind vs not only keeping you in place but keeping everything in place. Everything in your body is shut and nothing to go forward cause there's no time for you to move forward to. It's much different so I don't think this type reactive evolution should apply.

im probably not gonna do much with this thread anymore, if any sponge supporters wanna come in be my guest but ive made my opinion on rick's profile clear in another thread (it sucks)

Back