• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse 3

He wouldn't get much out of doing that, sadly.

But he would be... is hard to say, Euclid is the easiest since he's a global danger if he's left to go around.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
He wouldn't get much out of doing that, sadly.
You're refering to this?

The Coolest Water Bottle:
I thought of something better. What if Alex becomes an scientist of SCP Foundation and studies the anomalies?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
But he would be... is hard to say, Euclid is the easiest since he's a global danger if he's left to go around.
Isn't that Keter?

Keter is considered actively hostile and a threat to humanity and human civilisation last I've checked.

Edit: I got ninja'ed. XD

^ Guys, what do you think of this?

I doubt they'd let tbh. They have no real way if guarenteeing his loyalty and his powers are much to dangerous to leave unchecked. He'd find himself in a Keter cell pretty quickly if he tried.

Speaking about the SCP Foundation...

How the heck did they contain all these uber-powerful entities? The soldiers and scientists are supposed to be ordinary humans last I've checked.

Well, good luch with that. A keter anomaly posing as a researcher and trying to study other anomalies in secret? If the Foundation wasn't going to dog pile him before they definitely will now.

DeathNoodles said:
How the heck did they contain all these uber-powerful entities? The soldiers and scientists are supposed to be ordinary humans last I've checked.
Good protocols, technology, organization, using every means they had, documentation, abusing some SCPs they could use to their advantage, maybe a bit of luck, and not having to deal with the really horrible stuff most of the time.

DeathNoodles said:

They weaponize certain SCPs, such as Dr. Bright's resurrection amulet. Also, reality anchors, which basically force things to complie to the laws of physics as we know them (if I'm remembering right). They also have some pretty decent soul tech that lets them talk to higher D entities. They're far from regular people.

Also, the Foundation literally has a device to retcon the universe should anything world ending happen, and it's implied they've done so several times. In some cases, it's likely they just kept pressing reset until they won.

Similar to verses such as Star Wars, one can look at SCP in two contexts: an Original File Cano, that consists of the Author and his or her works alongside canons or series the SCP takes place in, as well as the Extended Cano, which consists of the interpretations of the SCP/Character across all canons/authors/series.

Pretty sure scp 2000 thousand falls under that from this sites ruling :p

I mean, they only use it as a last resort in character, because, and I quote "Two World Wars is plenty. We do not need to hazard a third."

The pen or the sword said:
Similar to verses such as Star Wars, one can look at SCP in two contexts: an Original File Cano, that consists of the Author and his or her works alongside canons or series the SCP takes place in, as well as the Extended Cano, which consists of the interpretations of the SCP/Character across all canons/authors/series.

Pretty sure scp 2000 thousand falls under that from this sites ruling :p
Is there even an original author for SCP?

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah He's like SCP-0 Or something? He set up the site and verse and left it open for others to expand upon.
Guess my guts wasn't wrong in regards to the other context not coming from the original author, because the overall power-level sounds too chaotic, nonsensical, and unorganised for it to be made by one author.

I mean, there are OP settings all the time, but some of the elements in SCP-verse doesn't even seem to have any correlation with others, which gave me that feeling.

Yeah the original creator had a vision of an expanding world with different writers contributing and while a fun idea it can lead to some major problems in power scaling/level. This can lead to portions of the verse being disjointed or out of place.

Power scaling is not even the point of SCP, and of a lot of fiction as well.

This is what people may forget since we are an indexing site for character's powers, but still.

ITs not but when you have a series with a coffee machine that can produce anti matter and reset button that allows them to circumvent any problem they run into along side a cement statute thats basically a weeping angel you gotta notice somethings don't quite line up..... Theres a massive shift in power/continutity between the original authors work and the extended cannon.

edit not to say the original authors work didn't have some broken levels of power just that things go quite wild when other authors add to the continuity.

Kinda like starwars and how theres a big difference between extended cannon interpretations of characters and main cannons interpretation. Im not saying it's terrible but it really shows when there are a few hundered different authors putting there own ideas into effect.

But that's the issue, you are thinking of it n terms of power. Most of it has nothing to do with power and is just strange stuff. A coffee machine isn't exactly a weapon either. Its less power, more theme, people do sillier and sillier things - and many times it just has to do with wanting to add info to a favorite entry, stares sideways at SCP-682.

Eh... I chalk that up more to mediums. Star Wars extended has a lot of books, comics and extended stuff plus games. Those media by their sheer nature adjust much better (most of the time, but is not always so) to higher levels of power. There's a lot of simplicity in describing the epic scale of something than arraging to show it off to the eye, which could also be more costly.

Im not really thinking of power more scale and sensical story. If they have this button what threat can there ever be? Why did they ever worry about the hard to kill lizard if they can simply reset any problem away. If they have this coffe machine that can make literally anything in liquid form why haven't they used it to deal with other scps? why don't they just destroy it to avoid the risk of some idiot putting in anti matter?

There were novels and comics with straight up force zombies, while fun it didn't really feel like it fit the starwars setting. Again it's not just power its scale and story telling. Im not saying extended cannon is aweful, just that it can lead to certain things in the original stories seeming off or simply feel like they don't fit the original universe/cannon.

edit they have Low 2c beings that show up once and never reappear or are mentioned agian....

Darth vader is supposdly a planet level threat, he could supposdly punch the planet beneath him and destroy it. Despite nothing showing this level of power in cannon and the death star blowing up planets being a big deal....If vader could simply punch a planet and get the same effect why would they have built the death star? Yes that bit has to do with power but the fact he showed such a level of power in extended cannon breaks the lore of the original triology.

In the end I don't mind extended cannons but claiming it doesn't introduce issues with story, continutity and scale is just false

Because if you learn something as a SCP operative, is that things can always go belly up. The very SCP-2000 has a message like that at the middle by the ex-person in charge of the SCP, reminding everyone that being negligent or acting with less care or cross examining SCPs because they had that as a fall back plan would bite their asses off one day if they weren't careful.

And for the same reason that you don't poke stuff you don't know - for all you know, you are one tap away from destroying the world before anyone can send a notice of warning and get everything reset for their own sakes.

And at the end of the day is not a story in the structural sense by any means. There's no fixed cronology or main characters or such. I just think you are looking at it from a weird angle when its not really very comparable to a lot. And no, I am not saying that you think is bad, I just can't entirely agree with your observations.

Also, we should REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY just make a Prototype discussion group because this has gone way off its main purpose.

Overlord: Can do a lotta damage, but can't really beat Ainz's crew or the Dragon Lords. Gets stopped eventually

I Shall Seal the Heavens: Dies against the first sect he encounters

Percy Jackson: Can probably kill a lot of mortals and the demigods sent to deal with him, but eventuallly a god takes notice and turns him into a jellyfish.

Medaka Box: Lotta damage, but Medaka should hear about it and deal with him herself.

Narnia: He almost kills everyone, but Aslan appears at the last moment and saves the day (like always).

Harry Potter: Gets turned into a jellyfish after some destruction (prob)

MCU: Gets mirror dimension'd after a lot of destruction (prob)

Altina the Sword Princess: Ainz appears and saves the day

A Will Eternal: In heavenspan, he probably stomps a great deal of beginner level cultivators until some people just eventually transmutate him, destroy him in body and soul, or just seal him. In the Eternal World, a celestial just drops by a snorts him out of existence.

A Will Eternal: Could theoretically obtain items, skills and abilities throughout his killing, but he probably gets fated to just be defeated, or dropped into a pocket dimension.

D.I.C.E: Get's wished away at a certain point. Though, maybe he could obtain the Ultimate Die, though it's unlikely.

Sims: The Watcher enjoys a new dlc. The vampire one was far too tame anyways.

Solo Leveling: Haven't read the whole series, but he probably gets BFR' d by being stuck in a dungeon.

Ava's Demon: His planet gets nuked.

Janus and Oblivion: Kills an immense amount of people until one of the twelve goes at him, after which a black hole is thrown at him.

Back