• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer tries to solo your verse 3

He doesn't but no one in harry potter resist gassing, and Ive never heard of anyone in harry potter using transmutation in offensive manner, especially as a first move. It's not the first offensive move of most wizards and most them aren't going to use tranmutation before alex has gassed or absobered.

Saying that round one he could run into difficulty if he gets unlucky round two stealth consumption, mass gassing and infected armies tell the wizard world no. Especially as magic in harry potter is related to genetic traits, even mudbloods are just the case of recessive traits according to the author...

edit strange could win but it's a matter of what his first move is, outside him, dormmaru, full ig thanos no one in marvel stands a good chance of beating alex.

tbh that list of MCU bois Alex can't beat will probs get a lot bigger once we get the Doctor Strange sequel and meet more eldritch horrors

Moody's first reaction to Draco bullying Harry was turning him into a... I can't remember what exactly, but a small animal. Anyways, Harry Potter has fate as a Canon thing dictating what happens, so Mercer can't really kill anyone major regardless.

Pen, remember that nearly all combat capable sorcerers are more or less members of a western shooter that quick draw, and the best among them can shot first even if they drew their wands AFTER the opposition drew theirs. Wizards are hardly alone, and if one disappears others are gonna notice, and Mercer doesn't have much against magical wards and magical detection.

Its gonna take a while. especially since Mercer won't know anything about wizards unless he chances upon them by coincidence, but I see him going down.

If fates part of it fair enough, mercer can't beat fate saying nope.

Most of there spells that aren't transmutation aren't liable to put mercer down, restraining him doesn't disable the two hundred meter gass cloud and alex round two can get magic of his own by eating a wizard.

Like I said bad luck round one can take mercer down, it all comes down to what the wizards first spell is as it needs to be transmutation or they die to gass.

Round two I see him clearing with stealth, infected armies and stealing magic. It can still go wrong, I just seem him taking it more often.

yeah quick draws great, really helped the professional soliders mercer killed. Joking aside the wizards have a huge advantage over the military some of there spells will actually work on mercer.

Then again Im not an expert on harry potter, I could be missing something but wasn't one of there most powerful and "Forbidden" Spells a death curse? A death curse alex resist due to undead imortallity? I never got why that spell was forbidden....i feel like I could acomplish a similar effect at greater range with a 308....

They'll notice unless alex starts wearing there face and then it's gonna take them to long to realize one of there own has turned against them. Especially as he lacks a soul and resist mind manip, and agian magic is related to genes in harry potter meaning mercer can steal there knowledge and magical prowess. Its not a fast victory but I see alex inevtiably clearing with evolved/infected armies and stealing magical power.

edit I feel the 308 comment may have been overly rude Im genunily curios why that spells is so cursed/feared/powerful.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Moody's first reaction to Draco bullying Harry was turning him into a... I can't remember what exactly, but a small animal. Anyways, Harry Potter has fate as a Canon thing dictating what happens, so Mercer can't really kill anyone major regardless.
Ferret. I do believe it was a ferret, or as I call them, a hairy noodle.

Also, there's not really much to steal if he can't get a wand, which he either has to win out of a mage in a duel or find one that accepts him which is... more or less a pin in a hay stick? Multiple hay sticks? Something like that.

Unless he finds someone that can spell up without wands, but that's hardly common. And above all, the magic community is incredibly separated from normal communities (at least in britain). Its more likely Alex causes an uproar among the muggles and the wizards catch wind of something incredibly abnormal happening, unless he catches a wizard by pure luck among said muggles.

Alex is in america how seperated is the magical community there? Unless it brings him to britian in which case your right....Huh....Does he end up in britian or america in this situation....

Still not seeing how the wizards deal with alex constatnly changing face. Again its not like alex starts off going on a killing spree, he'll create evolved, hidden infected hives, ect. Alex isn't just going to go out and kill a thousand people at the start. Round two is at his leisure, he's not just going to go out mass killing. He's going to stealth consume, gather information, create networks of evolved.

Do the wizards even have a way to hunt mercer down? He's got a thousand different faces and they don't know which one they are looking for? And again they aren;t liable to locate mercer before he's set up.

I don't quite remember from Strange Creatures but still pretty separate? Wait no, they are even more separate, they don't even let you marry "No-Majs" (their term instead of muggle) over there.

Human transfiguration is far from uncommon for graduated and experienced wizards, and Revelio spells can reveal hidden things and people that have transfigured. Dumbledore cast one wordlessly to know Harry was in Hagrid's house, and then knew Slughorn had transformed into a chair in a house he had taken "on a loan" without him needing to transform back into a person. Granted not everyone is Dumbledore, but transforming people is not uncommon.

Unless Mercer knows about wizards or how to find them, he'll just be doing his usual business. And I am sorry but, Mercer isn't transformed into someone else and being super stealthy literally all day every day.

True but he's also not mass killing everyone around him for no reason. So again there are what a few more missing persons cases and the wizards are going to jump all over that? Alex has made a network of evolved before, hell he went an entire year barely interacting with anyone. Alex is capable of stealth and evolving key figures without making a fuss.

I never said it was uncommon simply that it doesn't seem to be every wizards first move, or even most wizards first move. And if it's not a wizards first move they die.

His usual buisness was infilitrating compainies and the government with evolved/stealth consumption. Considerning the magic world has some contact with the government Im gonna assume hes gonna learn about them far before he fights one. Especially considering the degree of seperation you mentioned.

edit also his absorbtion means he takes someone and becomes them so he can probably steal there wand as well.

Looking it up alex eating the prime minister informs him of wizards...

Is that entire year the one in the comics? Because that's how we find out how he reached his new "infect humanity" plan. Not a good example. And yes, considering Wizards tend to be connected to those key figures. The British Prime Minister gets visited by the Minister of Magic when he's elected, for example. With

Not really? The gas cloud doesn't move instantly and is what I think we seem to forget. Literally every wizard worth his salt is capable of teleporting away if things are dicey and they often do. Alex would need to know they are wizards, be on top of them so they don't have a chance and make sure there aren't multiple as even one escaping means bad news.

Oh no, he needs to learn more than they exist. Literally any place where wizards congregate has some manner of ward or defense to keep undesirables out. Sirius' Black Old House didn't even technically exist if you walked in front of it, and even knowing about it did you no good if you couldn't breach the wards.

In the end this may be simply something we won't agree on, we could have a few vs matches on it at some point :p

The more important question for me is still...Why is the killing curse a big deal?

Because killing people is a big deal.

In harry potter universe, killing someone, or at least this is more the case when you do it for personal gain or literally no reason, can fragment your soul.

This is why the Horcruxes need you to kill someone, you take the fragment and put it in a container. Immortality, woohoo!

No alex doesn't have a soul to fracture! :p

So basically it cause killing in harry potters world is a rarer occurance then the real world? Look at any populated cities murder rate, I mean its terrible but when your most powerful curse is basically a gun Im not that impressed. I mean any muggle with an automatic rifle could do what the killing curse does...

Pen, is not about how easy it is to kill someone, killing just is a very big taboo for the world of magic unless there's a pretty good reason (like self defense or an actual war).

Many mages already look down on muggles, the fact that the murder rate in a lot of places is high has nothing to do with mages and many would probably just take it as a snide remainder of how back ass backwards muggles are.

And not really. The killing curse kills no matter who you are, and there's no recovery if you get hit. Is pretty much an Ainz death spell. It just... happens and you are done unless you reflect it or use a counter spell. Imagine knowing that if you miss you ain't getting a bullet, you are just done and that's it, no round 2.

It still doesn't sound more threatenting then a guy with a full auto rifle. Thirty bullets kills you just as well and that things not just taking you down.

See ainz death spells are impressive cause they kill 70,000 at once, and produce massive monsters. He can empower them to effect things that were never even alive, he can release an aura to kill smaller groups all at once, the killing curse is about as effective as a 44 to the head....

If your in a gunfight and you miss you better assume you don't get a round two especiall if your opponent has a powerful gun. Im still not seeing how it's more threatenting then a muggle with a fifty cal....

I am not talking about the amounts, I am talking about death hax in general.

The fact that a gun is harder to conceal, people survive bullets a lot of the time (even to the head) unless there's a ton, nobody expects danger from a cool looking stick, it ignores durability and everything else except specific resistances.

And more than all, a gun can merely shoot and has limited ammo. A wand has none and can do much more. Now suddenly imagine invisible mage casting death curse endlessly and teleporting if things get pickly.

Fair I just dont find that much more intimidating compared to sniper in camo. At the end of the day death hax that don't effect a few thousand people doesn't impress me much. Kinda just how I view it, its not even that simple, wizards still have to raise there wands and aim.

Atleast ainz can literally think death and have the person in front of him drop. In the end I don't think we are goning to agree, concealing a stick at your side doesn't sound more difficult then concealing a pistol, or hell a short double barrel shotgun.

In the end in my view the killing curse isn;t more threatening then a powerful enough gun, Also if theres actually a story about someone surviving a 44 magnum shot to the head please show me, because those things are freakin miniture cannons and surving a shot to the head from one of those sounds incredible!

In the end Id be far more worried about it if someone could just think death and have it happen.

But we're going way off track yet again! :p

OK. I forgot about that. In that case he does have some trouble with the Harry Potter verse but he can still handle it.

You are thinking of people that can be affected by bullets Pen, that's the issue.

Imagine fighting someone 9-A and above. Imagine fighting someone with crazy amounts of regen, that can deflect the very physical bullets, that can very much tell a gun is dangerous more than a stick, that can, etc.

And I am not saying that I can't understand why you think it ain't better than any old gun, I am just confused what that has to do with the fact that Wizards see killing in a very negative light, hence it being forbidden.

Fair enough, hax like the killing curse would be useful against people that durability ignores firearms. Does harry potter have anything in that range though? Again was never an expert on harry potter so I may have missed something. Physically they never seemed far beyond your average human. In the end your correct though when it comes down to fighting someone with tougher durabilities the death curse would be great.

I guess im confused about why the curse itself is forbidden, killing is frowned upon in normal society as well but the killing curse seems like itd be a decent self defense spell. Honestly Id be trying to learn the curse just to have it on hand for emergencies. Then again I suppose alot of this has to do with the damaging the soul buisness....

Also in wars and battles Ide want the wizards on my side to be able to use the killing curse.

Nah, sadly no. He can't kill Alex, he could only help by stunning him and stopping him and the like in the second scenario.

Because its a killing curse and dark magic. For all you care you can learn it, but if you ever use it you are screwed - you get sent to Azkaban. Not only is it dark magic and harmful to the soul, barely anyone uses truly lethal spells so you would never get justification to use the thing without very strict penalties being slammed on your head. As the Ministry can and does know where spells have been used and can check wands to see (altering the memory of a wand is extremely high level magic), why not stick to knocking out and the like?

Wars are barely if ever a thing since the 1700s or something like that. Grindewald and Voldemort are special cases since they were trying to **** the whole world. And just think of using Killing Curse in a normal war kinda like being a flamethrower dude in WW1. The moment someone sees you and knows who you are, they are likely all going after your ass.

This is both a cultural thing and a reglament thing.

Maybe? Eh in the end I don't get it, battles and wars sound like the perfect place to have a group of mages slinging death at the enemy. But fair enough harry potters lack of wars sounds like a decent enough reason.

I guess my stance remains if someones trying to kill me I want to be able to kill them back, If there are group of evil wizards using the death curse Id much rather use it back and kill them rather then knocking them out.

But lance yet again we have completly derailed this thread. So another verse:

Monsterverse Should clear they havent shown hax to deal with alex regen and there lack of disease immunity means alex can infect. Add onto that the fact the monsters probably won't even notice mercer crawling on them and infecting them and I see him clearing with relative ease.

You can also think of it like this.

Do you prefer to sling around death spells and make everyone more likely to try and kill you (keep in mind only like, 2 ways exist to stop it and one is situational), or make everyone respect the ban on death spells and the worst that can happen to you in a confrontation is getting knocked out real hard?

Evil wizards are something else entirely. Aurors, which is pretty much the secret police, got a pass on the 3 unforgivable curses against Voldemort's people. But all of them aren't out to kill your ass.

If the death curse didn't exist at all the world would be better off but its there and Ide rather have it so I can throw death back in an emergency. In the end I understand your point I just don't agree with banning such a useful weapon...especially as dark wizards prove not everyone is going to obey the ban, only a majority.

Edit LANCE WE MUST STOP WE'VE DERAILED ENOUGH :p

Back on topic

Monsterverse Should clear they havent shown hax to deal with alex regen and there lack of disease immunity means alex can infect. Add onto that the fact the monsters probably won't even notice mercer crawling on them and infecting them and I see him clearing with relative ease.

Idk if someone already did this but...

Pokémo:

Gauntlet style, Alex can't get past the more hax normal Pokémon like Gengar, Alakazam, Dusknoir, Ninetales, and Gardevoir.

Dropped in the middle of it, oof. Massive difference. For one, absorption does wonders here, being able to nom early Pokémon and work his way up from there, he should be able to get past a massive number of threats. Normal Pokémon become minor problems to him, and that's not counting the fact that he'll have access to Pokeballs and eventually prep. Most realistically, he'll stop at Sabrina who precogs and sees him coming so she turns him into a doll. Though given she's the only human who can do anything, nobody else could do much (unless he's incapable of absorbing inorganic things because in that case steel and rock type gg). With Pokeballs, lower tier 6 Legendaries shouldn't be a threat barring Celebi due to time travel, which tbh could screw him over hard. He could possibly do something to some of the 5-Bs if he somehow reaches it (again, he's likely losing to Sabrina), there's still the wall to breach of things like the Mew duo, Deoxys, or the Ultra Beasts. Regardless of the .0001% chance he survives that miracle and somehow doesn't get obliterated by Ultra Necrozma's light, he loses here and there and the universe likely gets reset

Instant Death:

He would kill a lot of sage candidates at first. Can he survive vaporization? If so, he easily defeats Higashida and his fire balls.

He doesnt have a profile yet, but Giant Robot is an inorganic being and can probably play the range game with him with his Low 7-B cannon. He also has a really good information analysis that would tell him what has to be done properly, tho it probably wont be much of a help because of Alex's regen

Kurayami a is big problem for him to deal with. The guy is intangible and passively withers anything it touches (not sure if its enough to bypass his regen tho). Gases wouldnt work on him since he doesnt seem to be an organic being in the first place, and is again, intangible. Thing is, Kurayami is dumb and Alex could just walk away from him and he is fine.

HRE (Avatar) should be able to mindhax him. If not, it would be likely an incon because Alex cant put him down and vice versa. The same applies to Lai

He cant kill Aoi because of lolplothax, while she can just create an event where she wins

Worst case scenario, the first guy he meets is Yogiri and he just dies right there in the beggining

Back