• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Clearly not based on only "chance". Having a 3x higher level probably just raised the chance to 100% against the trolls and ogres. Or rather, where does the "based on chance" claim even come from?"

Your post basically proved it all wrong. There's no mention of anything to do with levels within the story and the only mention of chance is in the description of Despair Aura Level V, Which says it has a chance to induce instant Death which might not even be it's effects in the New World as many effects has as well. I've been saying this for however long this discussion has been going on for.

Edit:

"Magic in konosuba isn't evil, the people using it are, but so is Ainz."

Uhh, no? Magic in Konosuba definitely has elemental connotations; Death Magic and Drain Touch being magic of the Undead/Dark Magic.

"the soul hax: Aqua has way more power than Ainz and she is his natural weakness there's no way he will resist being purified and he will not comeback because it's more like his soul will just move on from this world."

You sound like you have little understanding of how we treat hax on this site. Soul Manipulation and EE has little to nothing to do with one's attack potency. It's a completely separate thing. A Mindhax from a 10-C that killed 100 people and A Mindhax from a 3-A that killed 100 people are treated as exactly the same.

So it does not matter at all if Aqua is using Ainz's elemental weakness; all it does is make him take extra damage. That's it. It doesn't negate his resistance that scales to an item that arguably far outstrips her own.

So no, Ainz will just tank Aqua's Turn Undead and wonder why she's using such a weak spell against him.

"I've already said all of this things before why is everyone ignoring that and making the same arguments"

And we've been giving the same responses. Nobody is ignoring anything.

""Death Manipulation (Seresdina was surprised that her curse and instant kill wasn't working on Darkness)"

And Seresdina is human"

Finally we're getting somewhere!

Now a question:

Was it Darkness who has high enough Magic Resist that was able to resist the Death Inducement or was it a weakness of Seresdina's Death spell? It might sound like I'm saying the exact same thing but if it's an explicit weakness of the Death spell in Konosuba that high enough Magic Resist can let you resist Death Manipulation then the feat is significantly less impressive.

Alright guys well redo this when aquas crt is doen as for why I stopped counting votes? There were seven grace has been over, ainz technically won. I havent added it as it will have to be redone when aquas crt is done.

edit also I don't trust my own ability to edit profiles so....

@Akreious

No, it literally says it right there where I posted it:

"Normally, it would not have an effect on the level one hundred NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown."

The level is the only thing mentioned here. Occams Razor leads to the conclusion that it's based on level since the NPC's levels are explicitly mentioned, rather than something like "on the NPCs who are highly resistant against Fear Effects". If you claim it's based on resistances or something "not explained here" then you'd need to provide proof for that.

""Normally, it would not have an effect on the level one hundred NPCs, but on this occasion, its effects had been strengthened by the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown.""

See this would be a good evidence for that if it weren't for the fact that said Level 100 NPCs that each and every one already has resistance to Instant Death as per being PvP NPCs as well as the fact that the Despair Aura used in this example isn't even referring to Despair Aura Level V, the Instant Death one.

"The level is the only thing mentioned here. Occams Razor leads to the conclusion that it's based on level since the NPC's levels are explicitly mentioned, rather than something like "on the NPCs who are highly resistant against Fear Effects". If you claim it's based on resistances or something "not explained here" then you'd need to provide proof for that."

I was talking about Despair Aura Level V explicitly throughout pretty much all of this discussion. So... agreed...?

Uhm... I don't remember ever having voted. While I admittedly went a bit too far with derailing the discussion, my last on-topic post was basically still asking about details in regards to how Aqua's Attack Reflection worked, without my question ever being answered...

I think we can in the sense that we can say it's proof Aqua's magic can hurt Ainz.

Nope, it's non-canon and therefore not appliable.

Sorry, my bad after the long derail I may have gotten confused. Actually elizhaa last vote was for ainz before being pulled down the derail train....

Hiatus I call until CRT discussions for both ae concluded?

Ainz crt doesn't matter as much as its a lowering of his teir and that doesn't affect his hax overall and aqua already oneshots... He already had the following resistances added, ee, bfr, soul manip, mind manip, reality warping, and sealing.

Its aqua crt that will have an actual effect on this battle. So this thread should be closed and a new one made after her crt concludes....

Durability: Large Island level | At least Large Island level, likely higher

Why is the Aqua page filled with headcanon?

Facts:

- Kazuma's fists hurt her

- She has higher stats than Kazuma

- She is hurt by Kazuma's spells

The only defence Aqua fans have is that her world is comedy with inconsistencies, for example Darkness taking damage from cabbages, to then tank Megumin's explosion, to then tank Vanir's death ray, pretty much tanking anything as long as there is a joke.

Comedy is often inconsistent, Kazuma hurting her is a joke. Going by that logic Saitama should have bellow human AP because he couldn't kill a mosquito.

Until aqua CRT is done i don't think that there's anything meningfull to be said. Aqua resistance to Death Manipulation will continue to be disregarded until it is on her profile.

That is attacking, Saitama has actual durability feats while she barely does. Her stats are higher than Kazuma, guild lady already saw them, there is no question on who is stronger, she's even beaten him in a fist fight (buffed herself).

What is consistant is her constant damage by Kazuma or accidents.

NeoSuperior said:
Uhm... I don't remember ever having voted. While I admittedly went a bit too far with derailing the discussion, my last on-topic post was basically still asking about details in regards to how Aqua's Attack Reflection worked, without my question ever being answered... I think we can in the sense that we can say it's proof Aqua's magic can hurt Ainz.
Nope, it's non-canon and therefore not appliable.
Ah, so it is applicable then.

Canon? Non-canon? From what I see isn't it not canon? I mean, isn't this PPP Ainz and how he behaves? Pretty sure he should be anxious of Nazarick's safety with all the guardians and himself gone (even though we know there really aren't hungry eyed players out there)

The screen writer has made a couple mistakes I believe. Isn't Albedo the first heart he's touched without crushing (Ainz + Subaru moment)

It's not canon. It does not impact the main series in any way. PPP Ainz arguably isn't canon either. Even if he was, the fact that they use the same art style isn't enough to make IQ canon.

PPP isn't canon though, was just mentioning the similarity. Author already said this:

Q:
Hello Maruyama Sensei, I am an overseas fan. Can Shizu really transform into a robot?
A:
Pure Pure is it's own continuity and setting!

Here

Muchacho mrm said:
Why is the Aqua page filled with headcanon?

Facts:

- Kazuma's fists hurt her

- She has higher stats than Kazuma

- She is hurt by Kazuma's spells

The only defence Aqua fans have is that her world is comedy with inconsistencies, for example Darkness taking damage from cabbages, to then tank Megumin's explosion, to then tank Vanir's death ray, pretty much tanking anything as long as there is a joke.
Does this have anything to do with this thread? This will be derailed and closed again.

---

"So it does not matter at all if Aqua is using Ainz's elemental weakness; all it does is make him take extra damage. That's it. It doesn't negate his resistance that scales to an item that arguably far outstrips her own."

I haven't watched Overlord so I'm based on what are on his page:

"Weaknesses: He is naturally susceptible to the holy and fire elements, but can negate one of those weaknesses depending on what he is wearing.[...] He takes extra damage from crushing attacks, and The Goal of All Life is Death has a cooldown of exactly 100 hours. Additionally, Ainz's spells can be interrupted by damage comparable to his tier if he decides not to silently cast them."

Turn Undead being holy elemental means Ainz is susceptible to it, so he'll not just be able to tank it, regardless of damage. Unless, from what I understand, he is wearing something that brings resistance to holy spells. Is he?

Also, the EE/Soul Manipulation Resistance thing, he is resistant to it, not immune. Aqua can still damage/erase/turn his soul by using her holy magic AND being a High 6-C while Ainz is 7-B.

Voting Aqua.

JorgeDaJiboia said:
Does this have anything to do with this thread? This will be derailed and closed again.

---

"So it does not matter at all if Aqua is using Ainz's elemental weakness; all it does is make him take extra damage. That's it. It doesn't negate his resistance that scales to an item that arguably far outstrips her own."

I haven't watched Overlord so I'm based on what are on his page:

"Weaknesses: He is naturally susceptible to the holy and fire elements, but can negate one of those weaknesses depending on what he is wearing.[...] He takes extra damage from crushing attacks, and The Goal of All Life is Death has a cooldown of exactly 100 hours. Additionally, Ainz's spells can be interrupted by damage comparable to his tier if he decides not to silently cast them."

Turn Undead being holy elemental means Ainz is susceptible to it, so he'll not just be able to tank it, regardless of damage. Unless, from what I understand, he is wearing something that brings resistance to holy spells. Is he?

Also, the EE/Soul Manipulation Resistance thing, he is resistant to it, not immune. Aqua can still damage/erase/turn his soul by using her holy magic AND being a High 6-C while Ainz is 7-B.

Voting Aqua.
It does have something to do with the discussion since Konosuba's tiers are largely misconceptions

If we go by current tier, Ainz has

• Doubled Damage by Fire
  • Good, Light and Holy Vulnerability IV
  • Good and Holy Consecrated Areas' Vulnerability II
Highest being V. Also for Beldia, a dullahan with holy resistant (not immune) armor it took:

• A turn undead
  • A sacred turn undead
  • A megumin explosion (he wasn't that far away)
  • A mega flood from Aqua (his weakness, also destroyed town castle walls)
  • And another sacred turn undead to finish him off

"It does have something to do with the discussion since Konosuba's tiers are largely misconceptions"

Care to create a CRT or talk about this in one instead of here?

"Also for Beldia, a dullahan with holy resistant (not immune) armor"

Proves my point. He is resistant to Holy magic, while Ainz is weak to it, so Turn Undead would totally work on Ainz. Would she one hit kill him? Maybe not, with his EE/SM resistances. Or maybe she would, because she is a High 6-C.

Ill throw out ainz has holy resist robes that offer him immunity in his world and turn resistance 3 as a passive...guys can we let this die until aquas death manip crt is done? Hell this one should be closed for the massive derails so a new one can be made after aquas crt.

edit also hax don't scale to teiring...

JorgeDaJiboia said:
"It does have something to do with the discussion since Konosuba's tiers are largely misconceptions"
Care to create a CRT or talk about this in one instead of here?

"Also for Beldia, a dullahan with holy resistant (not immune) armor"

Proves my point. He is resistant to Holy magic, while Ainz is weak to it, so Turn Undead would totally work on Ainz. Would she one hit kill him? Maybe not, with his EE/SM resistances. Or maybe she would, because she is a High 6-C.
Hax doesn't scale to tiering

Don't know why you keep insisting that adding holy damage or scaling tier would mean Ainz is more vulnerable to hax that he's resistant to.

Magic Damage scales to stats in Konosubaverse though, so I think linking AP to that seems reasonable to say the least.

Regardless perhaps a mod should close this thread until that Aqua CRT (that seems to be somewhat in limbo right now) gets finished.

EDIT: seems like the CRT has been concluded.

Since the CRT is concluded.

How is Ainz resisting aqua's soul manipulation? He is weak to holy, is outclassed in tier and turn undead is linked to AP considering Vanir would just shrug off a turn undead from a regular high priest. And if Ainz get's hit by a turn undead he will not be able to come back.

Hax doesn't scale to AP only in case of hax that doesn't deal damage, like time stop, a 3-A character that has an abuility that damages the soul would obliterate a 5-B that has resistance to soul manipulation. Otherwise it becomes a NLF.

Because Ainz outclasses nearly everything in Konosuba when it comes to durability?

Her durability is listed as:

Where did this nonsense sprout from? Aqua nearly burned her hands off touching contaminated water that had a bit of Han's body fall into it, screaming Heal! CRT wants to scale her to Darkness level when in fact Darkness is a different job class as well as a gag character with her super durable body. Even then, they are all demon general level in durability and would die to 1 or 2 explosion spells. Aqua is special in the Konosuba world because of her high resistances, well not to poison since she has an item for that but can resist [Drain Touch].

Call it comedy or whatever, the one constitent thing is that she get hurt by Kazuma tier. A-LOT of Konosuba villains died to [Explosion], something that isn't as big as the beginner town.

Well let's address this here https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3118478

Once those revisions are addressed this match up with actual info can happen.

AoE has little to do with AP, punching a boulder so hard you atomize it would put a character easily in tier 6. And aqua's durability has little relevance in this thread, as Ainz would mostly use hax.

Why is so hard to accept the fact that Ainz would get oneshoted? He is getting hit by a high 6-C character that can target his elemental weakness.

Someone cares to post the quote that gives Ainz the soul resistance? I can't really remember but didn't he resisted soul damage?

Gabriel 00 said:
AoE has little to do with AP, punching a boulder so hard you atomize it would put a character easily in tier 6. And aqua's durability has little relevance in this thread, as Ainz would mostly use hax.

Why is so hard to accept the fact that Ainz would get oneshoted? He is getting hit by a high 6-C character that can target his elemental weakness.

Someone cares to post the quote that gives Ainz the soul resistance? I can't really remember but didn't he resisted soul damage?
part 1: Overlord additions (Overlord Bonus Volume)
part 2: Overlord Bonus Volume Additions (Part 2)

Aqua's durability does have relevance as most of her page is false info. The 'demon king generals' they've faced so far have been as durable as the beginner town (barely), even those said to have high magic resistance. If Ainz were to use [Nuclear Blast] to distance himself from Aqua, she would be grievously injured if she doesn't die. Teleportation magic would also turn this fight into one side fight since in the Konosuba world they have no way of dealing with it, not even Aqua (entirety of Volume 9).

NeoSuperior said:
Magic Damage scales to stats in Konosubaverse though, so I think linking AP to that seems reasonable to say the least.
Regardless perhaps a mod should close this thread until that Aqua CRT (that seems to be somewhat in limbo right now) gets finished.

EDIT: seems like the CRT has been concluded.
EE doesn't deal a set amount of damage, this is one fo those haxes that doesn't scale to tiering. Soul manipulation perhaps depending on context, the only thing that would scale is her holy danage magic thats it. Either way theres apparently another CRT thread for Aqua which means we still can't continue this thread or conclude it until that one's done.

Back