• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm describing Purification as a EE or soul destruction, it is similar but it's more like it's own thing she kills an undead and he doesn't come back that's it.

And as i said, she will not be standing still, when grasp heart fails she will use turn undead and then Ainz is deader.

Ainz's profile says that "He is naturally susceptible to the holy and fire elements", also that "Ainz's spells can be interrupted by damage comparable to his tier if he decides not to silently cast them."

If he casts GH silently it will come out before Aqua's Turn Undead tho, but it wont work on her. As GH ends, Aqua's spell hits before he can think "shit, GH didn't work, Time Stop!"

"The undead domination effect which he was most wary of did not take place. Of course, he had never once lowered his Turn Resistance III in order to protect against it." -Bonus Volume, Chapter 4 Part 2

It's not Turn Undead Resistance III, it's Turn Resistance III, which may or may not work. Also, Ainz is definitely paranoid. In the bonus volume he killed another undead caster in one hit, which surprised him so much that he teleported into the sky and turned on his strongest stealth spells for half an hour. He does not take risks unless he already knows about his opposition. Also, Ainz is getting resistance to existence erasure and soul destruction and manipulation. Even without that resistance, high level resurrection in Overlord restores the soul as well.

Gabriel 00 said:
Wait, actually Aqua should have resistance to death magic and other types of dark magic, her divine aura passively purifies things like demons and lich. She almost purified Wiz by being in contact with her. And didn't she just noped Wiz drain touch?(Episode 8 of the first season)
"Wiz demonstrated this technique to Kazuma by draining Aqua's energy. However, Aqua's sacred energy is toxic to undead creatures like Wiz, with repeated attempts at using Drain Touch on Aqua even causing her to being to fade away."

How is death not a status effect? It doesn't cause damage, it works just like doom from final fantasy but without the countdown or mudo from persona.

Aquawiz
Yeah, an accepted CRT is needed or it is not valid argument: I made the CRT: Aqua's Resistance to Death Manipulation

A CRT isnt really needed because the aura is already on her profile he's just giving examples of what the aura has done

Paul Frank said:
A CRT isnt really needed because the aura is already on her profile he's just giving examples of what the aura has done
It would be easier if the resistance was just added to the profiles rather than repeat Arguments over and over for new thread from oppent that have Death Manipulation.

If the aura forms in correct, this match is likely a stomp so I death manipulation is Ainz's only win condition.

Would his dura negating hax like black hole/reality slash let him win? How about his soul destructuion hax with hell flame?Or his despair aura as its a skill rather than a spell.

1- there's a dark spell in konosuba called death wich works just like grasp heart minus the stun

2- why does ainz have "possibly type 7 immortality"?

3- Purification isn't EE or soul destruction is more like his soul will just get purified and sent to heaven

4- Ainz doesn't heve unlimited time, and aqua will be bloodlusted as she aways is agains't undead

"his soul will just get purified and sent to heaven"; this case sounds like BFR and I believe like Soul Reaper's BFR (like Rukia Kuchiki) : BFR (Shinigami can transfer the souls of the dead to either Soul Society or Hell depending on the deeds they've committed when they were alive with their Zanpakuto)

well then, if Aqua is inmune to GH I change my vote also if you were to count her holy aura as resistance and thus making Tgoalid useful u have to keep in mind that it's stated in Ainz's profile that it causes a 10 second delay in his spells, Aqua is bloodlusted against undeads and since purification is EE he wouldn't be able to comeback.

Those resistances are not all that relevant, as i said, purification isn't really EE and he is weak to holy magic which should make his resistance to soul hax useless.

@EmperorDoom25 which CRT? I might've always posted on it, but I frankly don't remember :/

Also, if we're still voting, I vote Ainz.

Ainz Ooal Gow is now at least 7-B physically with Perfect Warrior, and is subject to further downgrade. He still has low-mid regen, regen negation and death hax; and is still weak to "holy" and "fire" elemental attack. While Aqua literally has holy aura.

So up to you to decide to close or not.

I am voting Aqua for weakness exploitation and much higher AP and dura.

I wonder what could happen if AOG fights Cirno though.

Cirno is lacking in holy magic and an overreliance on freezing magic which ainz is highly resistant to. She has a massive ap advantage and ifinite revives, ainz could win with true death negating her revive...Ainz is more intellegent and able to startegize...

Aqua's holy aura just attracts unintelligent undead. I've never heard of it actually dealing damage. Also, her durability won't matter to death manipulation and spatial manipulation.

I've already posted evidence of her holy aura.

resistance to EE is irrelevant

resistance to soul is useless due to weakness and the difference in tier

So where and how does Aqua resist instant death?

SBA says they start at max range of eachother; so at least Kilometers. Aqua will have no idea Ainz is an undead until she gets into visual range as he specifically has rings that prevents one from using scrying magic on him, such as his status as an undead. She will absolutely not be bloodlusted from the start here. This was brought up in the first thread already.

Aqua's Holy Aura never, EVER, damaged Undead. Hell it attracts the Undead which is why she always has to use Turn Undead to send them to heaven.

Ainz resists both EE as well as Soul Manipulation so not sure what the heck people are going on about in terms of her Purification.

"I've already posted evidence of her holy aura.

resistance to EE is irrelevant

resistance to soul is useless due to weakness and the difference in tier"

Then lets go through your evidence.

Resistance to EE is not irrelevant. What? Her attack specifically causes EE on certain enemies; Ainz resists. Not sure why it's irrelevant when you have yet to provide any real reason to the contrary.

Why is Ainz's resistance to soul manipulation suddenly waved because of his weakness to the Holy Element? All it means is he takes extra damage from Holy Attacks, which Turn Undead isn't even a damaging spell so your point is completely and utterly moot. Plus the difference in tier would matter jack all since, as many people have said before, Aqua would use Turn Undead first. Which would fail. She doesn't suckerpunch her enemies first thing.

"1- there's a dark spell in konosuba called death wich works just like grasp heart minus the stun"

If this was never used against Aqua then the point is entirely moot. Also can you give me a citation on where this spell could be found? Like in the Manga. Can't find any mention of it on the Konosuba Wiki so I have no idea as to it's details. If it's Level-Based then it's also entirely moot since Aqua outlevels pretty much anything else with a few exceptions

"3- Purification isn't EE or soul destruction is more like his soul will just get purified and sent to heaven"

This legit doesn't change anything. His soul being purified is straight up soul Manipulation, which Ainz Resists. Him being sent to heaven is an effect of Soul Manipulation. Which Ainz Resists.

"4- Ainz doesn't heve unlimited time, and aqua will be bloodlusted as she aways is agains't undead"

Already addressed it in my post. As per SBA, they're starting out at a minimum of kilometers of distance and Ainz's Rings allow him to prevent detection; Aqua will be unable to know Ainz is an Undead until she's literally in viewing distance. Meanwhile Ainz will see Aqua full well (With her holy aura and everything) and also realize she outlevels/outpowers him. In which case, hello any sort of Death Hax.

"If he casts GH silently it will come out before Aqua's Turn Undead tho, but it wont work on her. As GH ends, Aqua's spell hits before he can think "shit, GH didn't work, Time Stop!""

If he casts Grasp Heart, then she just drops dead on the spot. She does not resist Grasp Heart until you give more substantial evidence as of right now. Also go talk on this thread. Helps move this along faster

"If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread."

so they start at a distance where they can both hit eachother.

Her divine aura does atract low level undead but also purifies things, she negated wiz drain touch, turned the water suply of an entire town into holy water of the highest quality, resisted vanir's magic and her aura almost purified wiz without the use of any spells wich made wiz weak for the rest of the arc.

The difference in tier and Ainz natural weakness to holy should make his resistance to soul manipulation(wich is not even listed on his profile) useless, seing he is not imune to soul manipulation.

And i already adressed why her purification spells are not existance erasure.

"Her divine aura does atract low level undead but also purifies things"

Would you like to provide an example of when her aura was able to purify things without using Turn Undead?

"she negated wiz drain touch"

that's status inducement resistance, not Death Manipulation resistance. Also I'm pretty sure Drain Touch is a pretty low-level spell all things considered.

"turned the water suply of an entire town into holy water of the highest quality"

I'd more attribute that to her status of a Goddess turning the water into the purest form it can be like when people turn water into Holy Water. I guess you can argue purification on... water then.

"resisted vanir's magic"

She herself is max level (iirc) so I'm pretty sure she'd outlevel Vanir; plus her class naturally has high Magic resistance.

"her aura almost purified wiz without the use of any spells wich made wiz weak for the rest of the arc."

She was touching Wiz many times prior just fine. And since the Undead are always attracted to Aqua, it doesn't seem like she can toggle it on or off. Can you specify when was it this happened since I watched Konosuba like a year ago? The only time Aqua hurt Wiz in the shop is when she visibly put holy magic into Wiz, which is basically a poison for the Undead. Her Aura didn't do anything.

"The difference in tier and Ainz natural weakness to holy should make his resistance to soul manipulation(wich is not even listed on his profile) useless"

No, that's not how it works. Resistance doesn't disappear due to an elemental weakness. If I'm resistant to a fire attack but weak to soul attacks, I'd still be damaged if I were to hit with Hellfire (Resisting the fire portion but still taking full damage from the Soul burning part).

In this case, just because Ainz has a weakness to the Holy Element, he'd still resist things trying to affect his soul.

"seing he is not imune to soul manipulation."

Never said he was, but you also have yet to provide a reason why Aqua should be able to purify Ainz and bypass his Soul Manipulation Resistance. The soul manipulation can be found in this thread. People are still discussing some stray stuff but Soul Manipulation resistance for being able to resist Soul Breaker (wonder what it does).

"And i already adressed why her purification spells are not existance erasure."

Then would it be fine if I made a CRT to get it removed since it's not EE?

I'd say the spell Exorcism is EE but don't quote me on that, i didn't mentioned it because it was not relevant.

resistance means you are resistant to something not immune, if a 7-B is resistant to fire he would still take damage from a tier 6 fire attack

it was in seson 2 where aqua almost purified wiz before they went to her city

drain touch is not a low tier spell, it looks low tier because kazuma used it on darkness who has massive amounts of HP and Wiz wich was probably 10 times his level, but it still alowed him to incapacitate an orc with a mere touch and wiz almost killed him without even trying.

Her aura purifies dark magic, vanir coudn't use his magic to read her mind and both him and wiz should have acess to death magic and people with lower stats were able to resist death magic.

"resistance means you are resistant to something not immune, if a 7-B is resistant to fire he would still take damage from a tier 6 fire attack"

The only reason we don't use the phrase "immune" is because it's a NLF. We should use what the resistance has shown to resist, in this case Ainz being able to resist a weapon literally called a "Soul Breaker". Which is both EE and Soul Manipulation.

"drain touch is not a low tier spell, it looks low tier because kazuma used it on darkness who has massive amounts of HP and Wiz wich was probably 10 times his level, but it still alowed him to incapacitate an orc with a mere touch and wiz almost killed him without even trying."

Of course it's not a complete low-tier spell. I said it was a lower-tier spell all things considered; it isn't the ultimate attack of Wiz nor is it the strongest attack of Kazuma. As Aqua pretty much outlevels everyone else, it is of absolute no surprise she can tank it with absolutely no problems.

Also Aqua's able to nullify Dark Magics attempted to be used on her so her feat of resisting Drain Touch is sort of moot if you consider that. Problem is, Death Magic in Overlord is not inherently dark/evil magic.

"Her aura purifies dark magic, vanir coudn't use his magic to read her mind and both him and wiz should have acess to death magic and people with lower stats were able to resist death magic."

"Should" have access is not good enough evidence. Even if I take your word for it, if it's never used on Aqua, then she doesn't resist it. We'll need good reason for people to scale to stuff. Just because you're a higher level than someone else doesn't mean you have the same resistances or you built your character the same way. Aqua is a Holy Priest type character. Aqua is an Arch Wizard who's only specialization is all things explosion. Which one would be better at blowing things up?

Also I keep asking for citations man. When was Death Magic on the level of "you just drop dead" used on characters? What about a spell that literally crushes you heart? I'm asking because I need the context behind these things and of what these spells actually entails.

Totally not a water goddess said:
Well gods in Konosuba are free to do whatever the hell they want, but saying that it's just random people being unspecific is fair enough so how about the soldiers that ainz killed with his summons in overlord III just to pick a big group of people that have reasons to take revenge and are death, would that be specific enough? Otherwise maybe gazef, the general that he kills, maybe someone that died in konosuba instead like the guy that was given the power to create everything he could imagine but yet died of old age? The point is that Aqua is able to summon/reincarnate anyone even children with way more power than they would need to make it an overkill, existance erasure on thought for exanple.
This is a bit late reply, but those people can choose not to reincarnate you know. Its the entire reason they are getting people from other worlds to kill the demon king as too many people were refusing to reincarnate. The people who do choose to reincarnate or get summon can also go rogue and go down a very different path than what Aqua intended or wanted

Actually you can't have anything you want. There is a strict guideline for what abilities/items the Transmigrators/Reincarnators can take with them (Kazuma taking Aqua was more of a technicality, i.e. "take anything you see here" and then Aqua also agreed to it in a daze).

Back