• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Skulduggery Pleasant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Lord Vile might not last too long here, going by previous threads I've seen involving these two against other opponents.

I may be wrong, since I still haven't read the Skulduggery Pleasant series yet. But from a glance, things look like they're heavily in Ainz's favor.

I've read most of the Skulduggery Pleasant series. Based from that... Skulduggery, even as Lord Vile, is not going to last in a battle of HAX against Ainz.

Skulduggery' resistance to Mind Manipulation? Not only is that vague (I don't even know the exact potency of the worlds best Sensitives, but they don't show any notable feats of controlling sufficiently large amounts of people, last I've checked), but Ainz's own Mind Manipulation allows him to control armies of the Undead (how else was Ainz able to command/control his undead army if that isn't the case? Them obeying him because they're his creations might not be the only reason). Skulduggery is a skeleton... He definitely counts as an Undead. Lord Vile probably would get Undead Mindhaxed by Ainz.

Lord Vile's Regenerationn and Type 7 Immortality? That gets dealt with by some of Ainz's abilities like Hellflame and Black Hole.

Skulduggery being able to control others with a given name? That gets countered by Ainz's own resistance to Mind Manipulation, and the fact that Ainz's own name isn't even a given name (a name given to him at birth).

Everything else gets counteracted by the fact that Ainz tends to use Time Stop a lot, on top of the other spells in tandem with it. Or even Wish Upon A Star, if Ainz ever decides to use it for this match.

Lord Vile could end up getting paralysed by Ainz (paralysis is one of Ainz's abilities), and Lord Vile's shadows can get evaded by Ainz's teleportation, amongst other things.

All Lord Vile has going for him in this match is his Soul Manipulation, but even that can get circumvented by Ainz in various ways.

This is definitely a decisive victory for Ainz here.

<Has a fair incon against Darquesse

<Throws Ainz against Skullduggery

Little redundant

DeathNoodles said:
Skulduggery' resistance to Mind Manipulation? Not only is that vague (I don't even know the exact potency of the worlds best Sensitives, but they don't show any notable feats of controlling sufficiently large amounts of people, last I've checked), but Ainz's own Mind Manipulation allows him to control armies of the Undead (how else was Ainz able to command/control his undead army if that isn't the case? Them obeying him because they're his creations might not be the only reason). Skulduggery is a skeleton... He definitely counts as an Undead. Lord Vile probably would get Undead Mindhaxed by Ainz.
Vile most likey dies, but this thing you said here is wrong.

The undead armies obey Ainz because they are his creations/summons. Not because Ainz is mindhaxing them all.

Ah.

Well

I mean

Ainz DOES have an ability called "Undead Control" given to him by the Overlord class.

Whether or not that > Mind Manip Resistance is up in the air.

Although that's only one of many victory scenarios for Ainz while Skulduggery really... doesn't have much?

No. He doesn't have much.

About the only win condition Vile has is getting off a death bubble, ripping out Ainz's soul and eating it, which is A) not in-character to do immediately, and B) still slower than Ainz stopping time. Which is apparently Ainz's first in-character move despite doing it only about once in all of his battles because plot.

Must have been removed when he got downgraded.

I don't know why though, that battles was entirely hax, tier never came into it

I'm pretty sure it's a stomp seeing as Vile's only win condition is an out of character move that takes longer than most of Ainz's in-character moves.

Monarch Laciel said:
Vile most likey dies, but this thing you said here is wrong.

The undead armies obey Ainz because they are his creations/summons. Not because Ainz is mindhaxing them all.
Okay? I'm pretty sure it can still scale to Ainz's Undead Control ability in some way at least.

Even if that doesn't scale and have Ainz overcome Vile's vague Mind Resistance, it's not like it matters much anyways, as it's pretty much a decisive victory for Ainz either way.

Monarch Laciel said:
I'm pretty sure it's a stomp seeing as Vile's only win condition is an out of character move that takes longer than most of Ainz's in-character moves.

No?

Ainz would still detect that Skulduggery is an undead, not attempt to use any dead magic and still 1-shot with say, Black Hole

I mean, Skul couldn't be detected by clairvoyants who can scan entire cities trying to sense him, so ainz might not sense he's undead.

That sounds more like them trying to track him down and sense where he is, rather than what he is (which is how Ainz senses if one is an undead or not). I don't think that applies in this match as both of them start the fight knowing where each of the other is.

Even if we can apply that logic and say that Skulduggery can't be sensed by Ainz as being an undead, all that would've done is make Ainz even more paranoid than ever as he has faced and dealt with situations where he can't sense the opponent (I think it was when he was fighting against other Players, I think). All that would do is make Ainz teleport out of range in paranoia, observe what Lord Vile does, and strategise the best ways to defeat him.

The fact that Ainz outranges Skulduggery does not help the latter in the least. Or the fact that the former has several spells that bypasses conventional durability.

It's a stomp.

Ainz time stops and does whatever he wants.

Meanwhile, Vile can only win by death bubbling, which is not something he does immediately in character, and it takes more time to pull off than everything of Ainz's that isn't a super tier spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back