• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz and the Great Tomb of Nazarick are trying to conquer your favorite verse, how does this goes ?

Inspired (sorta, it's actually more of a verse versus thread) by this thread.

The Great Tomb of Nazarick, with all of its NPCs and resources, and Ainz as its ruler, appears in your favorite verse. Ainz decides to make all beings of this verse submits to the name of Ainz Ooal Gown. He have no previous knowledge of this world, but have 6 months of prep before Nazarick is discovered.

Everyone is, ofc, in character. The win condition for Ainz is to become the supreme overlord of the verse, not to kill every character in it. Non violent resolution or incapacitations are fair options for Nazarick and its residents. However, if Ainz dies or becomes unable to progress towards his goal for more than a year, it's game over for all of Nazarick.

Will the world submits to the tomb and its beings ? If not, who or what could stop them ? Discuss.

EDIT: Second thread here

Now while I'm pretty sure Ainz himself trounces the whole verse, give or take a few top tiers, I'd be genuinly curious to know if Ainz would side with or against the Empire. Actually scratch that. Since both are pretty much in take over the world mode it'd be war. In that case I guess the biggest issue for Ainz is he gets out spead by most important characters.

I like Ultimate Antihero. humans, as always, are bottom of totem pole. easily conquered. but luckily there's Homura. but maybe Homura won't save humans this time. Ainz seems like reasonable guy... except when he's not... :p

also I think Ainz would think twice about engaging Archangels or Demon Kings. they have vastly more AP than Ainz.

Ainz would probably befriend his fellow Isekai protagonists and talk about their previous lives and how ridiculously OP they now are.

It has more to do with the justification they give later, but I personally like it.

He's just more pissed off the more he's in a place that resembles modern society... so when he's summoned in modern society and left to mingle around a whole decade without anyone trying to reign him in...

AnonymousBlank said:
How? This is in character. You honestly think Ainz would put himself in the postion of having to deal with those two characters in a straight up fight? Tsk tsk, you forget his strength is in information gathering and using said information. Those two would literally never be able to kill Ainz if Ainz never allowed it to happen. Instantanenous Planetary teleportation means if Ainz never even wants you to touch him you are not going to be able to.

Personally though I don't think anybody can really measure the strength of Nazaricks characters right now.

We don't even know really anything about their greatest weapon Rubedo yet. Who is apparently tens of times more powerful than Ainz himself. And would be immune to all forms of reality warping and manipulation. lol

@Jugger

In character means nothing when Ainz is trying to take over the verse, Gil ignores Ainz at the start but gets pissed someone is messing with his shit, SNI points him at them and EE wipes Nazarick of the map. Yhwach just kills the arrogant skeleton. He is pretty straightforward

Tens of times island level isn't even relevant to these guys. And as for planetary teleportation ... one can planet bust and still be alive while the other can affect things across continents, they both speed blitz, one power nulls all of them while the other resists everything, and both even have their own broken clairvoyance. Those two can kill Ainz whenever they want, the only reason he would live is by their grace.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Jugger
In character means nothing when Ainz is trying to take over the verse, Gil ignores Ainz at the start but gets pissed someone is messing with his shit, SNI points him at them and EE wipes Nazarick of the map. Yhwach just kills the arrogant skeleton. He is pretty straightforward

Tens of times island level isn't even relevant to these guys. And as for planetary teleportation ... one can planet bust and still be alive while the other can affect things across continents, they both speed blitz, one power nulls all of them while the other resists everything, and both even have their own broken clairvoyance. Those two can kill Ainz whenever they want, the only reason he would live is by their grace.
What would Ainz do to piss off Yhwach? Even in the New World where absolutely nothing can touch him, he just played a powerful person and basically set up a Kingdom so that they can retaliate. As far as Yhwach would be able to tell, the ones who pissed off who would be the people attacking Nazarick, not the other way around.

The Skeleton isn't Arrogant. Saying that makes you ignorant. Ainz is literally anything but arrogant. The ONLY times Ainz acted "Arrogant" with his own abilities is to impress/induce fear into the New World's population.

Ainz is not straightforward. The moment you said that he's straightforward is the moment you completely failed to understand the character of Ainz.

Those two would never find Ainz to be a relevant enough threat. Kingdoms would be the ones who pissed off Ainz, there's no reason whatsoever to suspect Ainz is this warmongerer that kills everyone. Hell, his own Sorcerer Kingdom is ludicriously more wealthy and well-off than Kingdoms with thousands of years to their name. By all intents and purposes, Ainz seems like a Magic Caster that retaliated against a Kingdom, crushed said corrupt Kingdom, and made a new, more prosperous Kingdom.

Now I'm not sure how Yhwach's fate and precognition works, but if it isn't on 24/7 then Ainz could just as likely use Wish Upon a Star to enhance the range of one of his NPCs to lock-on to Yhwach and get them to use This thing.

Aaaaanyways, reply if you wish, but this debate is technically derailing the thread.

When I said straight forward I was referring to Yhwach. Yhwach dislikes fighting, lies and blind loyalty. The Almighty means he knows exactly what is happening, ie Ainz inciting other people to fight each other through lies and his blindly loyal NPCs. Take a guess how the Almighty Moustache is gonna treat these guys. Almighty is always on unless Yhwach is asleep in which case Jugram will have it and thus power nulls any threat to his Majesty.

While this debate seems pretty fun, I do agree it is derailing. If you are open to continuing just message me.

Kirby: Ainz either conquers really easily or really poorly. Kirby's been duped into helping people try to take over the universe before (cough cough). If Kirby falls for it again, the only threats he'd have to deal with are Meta Knight and Magolor as the rest are just as ignorant as Kirby. The former due to him being smart and the latter because he tried the same tactic. Of course, there's beings like Zero and Marx and Nightmare and the like, but most of them would either be off-planet, are currently sealed, or biding their time. If Kirby finally learns his lesson, he just devours Ainz and co the instant he sees something new and potentially foreboding.

Pokemon: People become Pokemon trainers and have no problem taking over the world. Only problem will quite literally just be Mewtwo because of that precog and the attitude of my taking shit from anybody. The other Legendaries, regardless of strength, won't interfere because they just want their goddamn sleep.

Zelda: Ganondorf ruins everything because he'll be trying to do what Ainz is doing, but is wayyy more open about it. While Ainz would be freaking terrified of Link, due to pretty much being a perfect counter to Ainz with the strength to breathe and kill him, he could probably gain his trust rather easily with Ganon on the loose.

It's also important for Ainz and Nazarick as a whole that for Kirby, they all can be killed literally by a stray broom or bird.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Jugger
Yhwach just kills the arrogant skeleton. He is pretty straightforward.
Arrogant? Straightfoward?.... Now you are just getting into the completely incorrect territory here fella. Ainz is anything but arrogant, or straightfoward, you should know this by now. There is a hella lot of Yhwach wanking on this site so I'm not going to even bother with that topic.This is however also derailing so I'm dropping this now.

I call him arrogant because that is how he acts, key word being acts not is. If you had simply read my response to Akreious, you would know that straightforward was referring to Yhwach. If you can't do the bare minimum to read a thread, don't post.

Wow, I'm surprised at how little we have on Overlord here. Ainz is really a lot stronger then is on his profile, and he isn't even close to being the most versatile.

AnonymousBlank said:
I call him arrogant because that is how he acts, key word being acts not is. If you had simply read my response to Akreious, you would know that straightforward was referring to Yhwach. If you can't do the bare minimum to read a thread, don't post.
Acts? You are not even correct there in this case either. He only acts arrogant when he knows he can win easily against someone.(I.E. New world opponents) Unless you are telling me Ainz is going to think Yhwach is going down easily for some unknown reason your point is completely irrelevant. If want to continue this, do so somewhere else.(in private) Not here. At this point you are just showing clear agression for no reason. I'm not one to roll around in the mud with someone for literally zero reason.

I can post wherever is public, whenever I want, as can anyone else. I am waiting in the chat for a PM if you want to continue this.

ExodusNexus said:
Also, this seems to be Nazarick vs your Verse. Nazarick highest level foes are planet level.
Persumably, though we just don't know yet. Who knows just how strong Rubedo is.

Speaking of him, they'd have to deal with Pandora for sure, who is essentially Ainz, but also has slightly less power in exchange for the abilities of at least 40 people equal or stronger then Ainz, each specializing in a different set.

Persona 5: Ah damn... If the thieves can't access their personas they're screwed. Would be pretty embarrassing cause they all could on their own defeat all of Nazarick. If they can, well Ainz is going to wish he didn't mess with Divine Judgement.

RWBY: They kill everyone except the Gods. But I don't think they care for the verse so Ainz won't really have to worry.

Digimon: No.

My Hero Academia: Not even the symbol of peace can shine in the face of utter chaos.

I wonder if there are any close ones.

this many posts and we still don't get Naruto. not many Naruto fans here it seems.

anyway, one more favorite verse of mine is Gunbuster. but the conflict would be... too far away to anybody who matters? I mean, every soldiers are busy fighting billions of Space Monsters on galactic core/sagittarius *a so their blackhole bomb can eat the galaxy.

but I guess Ainz can still conquer earth pretty easily before the rise of Topless. because humans are just normal humans. Nazarick's magic would be OCP for everyone involved.

except... when humanity tech had escalated to the level that is on 6th Gen.... then I think Nono alone can defend human-populated planets from Nazarick.

ExodusNexus said:
Also, this seems to be Nazarick vs your Verse. Nazarick highest level foes are planet level.
Being a WCI does not equal planet level. The only WCI that even have planet level feats are a select few of the Twenty.

Back