• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AFO Shigaraki vs Meruem(7-B)

Yes, CRTs and profiles exist for a reason. Anything not on them might as well be headcanon and are inconsequential to the fight, no matter how logical they are. Plus as mentioned the OPs example of Stains Fear Manipulation working on Endeavour meaning it has a greater potency is wrong
If the profiles don't have something, for example, Tomura's immense pain tolerance do we assume he doesn't have it, No. If a character has shown abilities then they have them .

Yea I don't think we should just ignore the argument just because the page isn't updated. If you need evidence then that's fine.

Alrighty then.

Though, even if he got the resistance to fear manip, I highly doubt that will help against Meruem considering that it worked on people with Nen.

Shigaraki doesn't have nen, so the moment Meruem uses it, he gets incapped.

Meruem is immensely more intelligent and skilled than Tomura, so chances are its gonna tough as shit to touch him.
Shigaraki doesn't need nen to resist fear manipulation from meruem.

It is still very unlikely that he is not going to get touched even once or block an attack.

Not sure, the chimera ants pre awakening their nen were never affected by nen attacks, and when gon and Killua flared up their aura at Rammot back when wasn't awakened he wasn't affected at all, but it wasn't confirmed that it was malicious nen.

Though there is the counterexample with Killua being effected by Zushi's ren, though in his case, that's not reliable as Killua was already conditioned by Illumi's nen and his training and Killua comment's that the reason he backed away was because it reminded him of illumi

Also here's the thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/shigaraki-minor-revisions.109818/

Last edited:
does nen crush work on people that are physically comparable to you without nen
It’s kinda iffy as I’m sure fodder hunters get clapped by chimera ants with no Nen just because they’re stronger

In the case of Comparable characters it’s even more iffy but the series treats Nen as a big advantage and not Nen crush=GG on everything without nen
Although someone more well versed in Hxh scaling can answer me though

So in Shigaraki’s defense:

Nen crush could possibly just not work due to him being comparable to Meruem

He is already mentally broken by madness, so much so that his mind is its own world that he can move in and interact with

He has a second person, AFO, inside of him who can, like the vestiges of OFA, directly influence his psyche and body

He has displayed fear resistance feats, on top of having his own fear manip that worked on dozens of people who were amped to specifically negate fear.

Anything I’m missing on arguments for Shigaraki resisting Nen Crush

Oh yeah, his mental strength is so high he can literally kill other people’s psyche and his own fears by imposing his will over them.

So in Shigaraki’s defense:

Nen crush could possibly just not work due to him being comparable to Meruem

He is already mentally broken by madness, so much so that his mind is its own world that he can move in and interact with

He has a second person, AFO, inside of him who can, like the vestiges of OFA, directly influence his psyche and body

He has displayed fear resistance feats, on top of having his own fear manip that worked on dozens of people who were amped to specifically negate fear.

Anything I’m missing on arguments for Shigaraki resisting Nen Crush
I think that's it, If I remember anything I'll add it. Can you comment on the CRT I made?

Wow, me and @Kingofwolves999
agreeing on something.

I repeat once again, how strong the character affected by Fear Manipulation are Does Not Matter for potency or resistances. So the Hero Killer affecting Endeavour or Meruem effecting people equal to himself or Shigaraki being equal to Meruem does not matter at all, this is not how we treat Fear Manipulation at all.

I repeat once again, how strong the character affected by Fear Manipulation are Does Not Matter for potency or resistances. So the Hero Killer affecting Endeavour or Meruem effecting people equal to himself or Shigaraki being equal to Meruem does not matter at all, this is not how we treat Fear Manipulation at all.
Ok, then how do we treat fear manipulation, because I see no reason once the CRT gets approved for his resistance not to counter Meruem's but we'll save this for when it does get approved as that's what you asked from me. So please wait.

Can Meruem fear hax people who have demonstrated the ability to literally destroy mental handicaps like fear

What exactly is fear manipulation suposed to do to Shigaraki? He is not going to just stand there and let himself get killed, netero was intimidated by Meruem but that didn't hinder his ability to fight. The only time Meruem incapacitated someone was agains't literal fodder. And before someone brings up Knov, that guy was a coward and he was too strong to participate in the fight so togashi had to get rid of him somehow.

Agree. If the fear hax is just that and doesn't actually physically hurt or kill shig should resist or not even be affected and netero being scared was due to meruem being stronger than him right?

Nen Crush is a combination of fear hax Limited (Paralysis Madness Death Manipulation)

Mereum's base fear manipulation is in the same boat.

The death manipulation requires extended use, and Shigaraki(Once this CRT goes through) should have resistances to the immediate affects enough to go through it and attack Meruem and attempt to decay him. Which Meruem would dodge and have to stop using ren, or he gets dusted.

Agree. If the fear hax is just that and doesn't actually physically hurt or kill shig should resist or not even be affected and netero being scared was due to meruem being stronger than him right?
Yep. It wouldn't work on a stronger opponent or even opponents at the same level. Netero was just ridiculously below Meruem.

Netero has Nen, for the record.

Shigaraki on the other hand, doesn't. Which makes this fight so much worse for him.

Not to mention, nen users are able to resist fear manip, while Meruem bypassed that resistance.

Then again, we haven't added the fear manip resistances to the profiles, so idk if we can use it here.

I see absolutely nothing in this thread that stops Meruem from Nen crushing beyond some fearhax resistance that is laghable, so I vote Meruem.

Most HxH characters don't even Nen crush in character. Only examples of that are Killua (who will intimidate then go for physical attacks if you don't stop), Hisoka (who actively goes for physical blows on people who lack Nen) and Meruem (who also goes for physical hits on people he could Nen crush). We've also seen non Nen users beat Nen users in combat

I'm not even arguing for Shigaraki's resistance but he isn't dying by Nen crush.

There's no answer to that as literally non of these characters Nen crush people in character. The very best example is Killua vs Zushi in which Killua got scared but Killua was also under the influence of Illumi's Nen and was pretty much programmed to avoid opponents he wasn't sure of.

So I'm reviving this thread from the grave just a note supernatural willpower was added to Shigaraki which does give fear resistance. Making nen crush not a valid wincon here please vote again.

I mean, it frightened Pouf, who has high nen of his own.

Regardless, my memory is foggy, does Shigaraki need to touch Meruem in order to decay him?

He has two methods A giant decay wave that'll decay anything touching the ground or if any rubble hits you that was also decaying(from building's etc) which has a range of several kilometers B he can touch a person directly(he is capable of flight).

Still, I'm pretty sure he'll still be able to nen crush him.

Killua and Gon were literally frozen and almost killed by Hisoka due to him simply thinking he will win. And considering how much more superior Meruem is to Hisoka, and the royal guards, I'm really not seeing anything that could stop nen crush.

His starting move is a giant decay wave though Meruem can fly so he likely wouldn't die from it, however, the second method requires him to touch you with his hands or feet(usually hands).

Meruem only uses nen crush on character's significantly weaker than him and supernatural willpower resists fear manipulation, not to mention there are several instances in the series where non nen users can endure nen crush. Also, in this thread it was agreed willpower resists nen crush (https://vsbattles.com/threads/nen-crush.110774/) .

His starting move is a giant decay wave though Meruem can fly so he likely wouldn't die from it, however, the second method requires him to touch you with his hands or feet(usually hands).

Meruem only uses nen crush on character's significantly weaker than him and supernatural willpower resists fear manipulation, not to mention there are several instances in the series where non nen users can endure nen crush. Also, in this thread it was agreed willpower resists nen crush (https://vsbattles.com/threads/nen-crush.110774/) .
That thread barely has enough input, not to mention, do you really think Meruem wouldn't think Shigaraki is weaker than him? He's the king, and shigaraki lacks any kind of nen, so he'd just release it.

Also, can you give me the instances of non-nen users resisting Nen crush? I don't really recall any other than maybe when Meruem released his En.

Also, Hisoka was able to fear both Killua and Gon by simply thinking.

Oh, and, I made a thread asking if simply resisting his fear manip will make you resist his other stuff, so, maybe its better we wait till that is answered?

Back