• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nen Crush

I wanted to discuss how nen crush does versus certain matchups/resistances to discuss when it is no longer a valid wincon.

Nen crush comes from this idea
" A prolonged experience of this can cause paralysis, intense fear, in some cases madness and without a Ten as a defence, death. "

So the abilities
It gives are
-Fear Manipulation
-Limited Paralysis
-Madness Manipulation(Meruem and the Royal Guards are the only confirmed character to have this)
-Limited Death Manipulation for prolonged exposure.

Questions I have about this is what resistances could turn this no longer into a valid wincon.

From what I understand the paralysis/Madness Manipulation are depicted as a result of the fear manipulation. Essentially meaning that fear manipulation is the crux of those 2.

The death manipulation has only been hinted at but never been seen on screen even in cases like Rammot pre Nen Awakening who experienced Kite's malicous Ren and wasn't affected at all. Regardless, the point here is the death manipulation is a very rare case that only seems to happen under prolonged exposure.

From what I understanding the abilities that should resist this are.

-Supernatural Willpower(it is a limitation stated on the profile that sufficient willpower can overpower fear manipulation depending on the user/medium)

-Resistance to Fear Manipulation

-Resistance to Aura

The Paralysis and Madness are a direct result of the fear manipulation so resistance to those should not be required. Shown by how Killua and Gon were still capable of moving under Hisoka's Ren it was just dangerous for them to do so.

Last edited:
I believe yes, if you resist the fear manip, you could resist the other application of nen crush. Evident by the other older threads about it.

However, characters like Meruem, and (maybe) the royal guards bypass normal resistances to fear manip according to the supporters of the verse.

However, characters like Meruem, and (maybe) the royal guards bypass normal resistances to fear manip according to the supporters of the verse.
That makes no sense lol, at the very least its not that they bypass resistance to fear manip, they just have a higher level of it, if people have higher resistance than they have been shown to fear people or scale off of, then they should still bypass.

That makes no sense lol, at the very least its not that they bypass resistance to fear manip, they just have a higher level of it, if people have higher resistance than they have been shown to fear people or scale off of, then they should still bypass.
Yeah the royal guard's fear manipulation is only a higher level , they have no feats against characters who explicitly resist fear manipulation therefore there's no reason it should bypass it. They may have at most the ability to bypass resistances to aura because of there feats against people with ten, but that would only apply to people who are clearly below them in power.

Back