• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding Soul Manipulation to most RWBY characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pietro in Volume 7, confirmed that he gave Penny part of his Aura more specifically his soul. Aura is stated on numerous occasions to be the physical manifestation of one's soul, "you project yourself and your soul when fighting" as stated by Pyrrha. So they should've had it anyway, but Pietro uses his aura to create a "pseudo soul" if you will in Penny. Making her eligible enough to receive the Maiden powers which are also said to be tied to one's soul. Winter even confirms it after Penny receives it from Fria. This also applies to all their (Huntsmen) attacks and semblances. The reason being is that in the same scene, Pyrrha states "By barring your soul outward as a force you can deflect harm". As well as, "All of our tools and equipment are conduits for aura" this would cover their weapons, their physical attacks, and durability since they can defend against these attacks. Semblances are consistently described as the physical manifestation of one's Aura. Although, the Official Companion Guide says, "A Semblance is a personalized Aura manifestation". This would still mean that it also has some effect on the soul due to being an incarnation or embodiment of Aura.

This seems to make sense, but you should ask a few acrive and experienced members listed in the RWBY verse page to comment here.

It's a manifestation. Not their real soul

Because if that's the case how do they not die when their aura brakes because based on what you said that means their soul breaks

Spinoirr said:
It's a manifestation. Not their real soul
Because if that's the case how do they not die when their aura brakes because based on what you said that means their soul breaks
No, thats a lack of understanding. Aura is the energy produced by the soul. I never said it necessarily one's soul. Also think of the aura breaking like running out chakra. They aren't actually out of Aura or Chakra otherwise they'd die. It is simply going below a threshold to where their protective aura cannot be maintained. After all, even average citizens have aura but don't have protective aura. That doesn't mean they don't have a soul.

He meant that he is getting updates about the discussion thread itself.

This does make sense, this would be the manipulation of one's own Soul. This doesn't mean that they can manipulate other people's Soul, just their own. So, limited Soul Manipulation sounds fine.

They aren't truly manipulating their souls just the energy it creates, so energy manipulation should be fine. Also Pietro giving part of his soul to Penny could be something only he can do, or he used a machine to do it.

I don't think using Pietro as an example is ok because he uses technology and external machinery to achieve the result. It's not really a power or an ability of his.

As for everyone else I think limited soul manipulation (self) is fine but only as "manifestation of the soul" to be specified.

Nico-v11 said:
I don't think using Pietro as an example is ok because he uses technology and external machinery to achieve the result. It's not really a power or an ability of his.

As for everyone else I think limited soul manipulation (self) is fine but only as "manifestation of the soul" to be specified.
A manifestation is just a version of something. And we don't know how Pietro gave Penny part of his soul. The only technology that interacts with Aura is the Aura Transfer machine. Which doesn't even apply here, also Ruby, Weiss, and Maria knew exactly what he did even before he'd told them. Just as a supplementary point.

TheRustyOne said:
They aren't truly manipulating their souls just the energy it creates, so energy manipulation should be fine. Also Pietro giving part of his soul to Penny could be something only he can do, or he used a machine to do it.
In RWBY, aura and soul are used interchangeably. Pyrrha does it when she explains Aura. And Ruby (whether or not she knew at the time) told Penny she could feel her soul. Whenever they talk about transferring Amber's aura to Pyrrha its said their souls will be combined. Ozpin when talks to Oscar in V4 says, "Our auras, our souls are combined". This has always been a concept in the series. And more recently with Fria and Penny, Winter confirmed that Fria was apart of Penny.

Antoniofer said:
Powers such Aura Manipulation (as the mechanics behind their powers is manipulating their own aura) generally falls under Chi Manipulation (its spiritual opposite actually) or Energy Manipulation (as life energy).
Aura is the power behind their feats and abilities. But the totality of their aura is their soul. Thats what I'd be saying. Their attacks would simply be soul based and they have limited soul manipulation.

Okay. Thanks. That is fine with me as well then.

Antoniofer said:
I rather just leave like Aura Manipulation, as we associate more Soul Manipulation to altering the other or ones soul, and in this case they just materialize their life-force as a form of energy to perform different effects, like putting something like "Magic including Matter Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, etc". Aura is not really different than powers like Chakra or Nen.
It's true that no different in terms of the concepts of power systems. But much like chakra, it would affect an individuals spirit/soul as a result of it composition. The Aura Maniuplation, from what I know, doesn't address that aspect. But I suppose if it simply doesn't conincide with the established defintion of Soul Manipulation then that it that. I will simply have to starting changing these terms of VSB, since there a some issues with them.

Aura Manipulation is a lot more appropriate than Soul Manipulation.

Okay. Do the profiles already have Aura listed, or does it need to be added to them?

Okay. We should probably close this thread then.

Although, our Aura power refer to generate field of energy/force that induce variable effect in the surroundings rather than manipulate Aura by itself (that is the counterpart of Chi Manipulation).

From the time being, one can simply write Aura Manipulation and link ti to Energy Manipulation, or do as people did with Naruto, and link it to Chi Manipulation as its used to represent Life-Force based powers.

I think that linking it to chi manipulation seems considerably more accurate.

Well, I did explained my reasonig and countered points. This thread more so to improve the profiles accuracy for those who are unfamiliar with verse. I personally think they have too many errors for me to refer to them for powerscaling and/or debating.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been agreed here?

I don't think using Chi is accurate at all considering such terminology has never been present in the show to begin with.

An RWBY-specific abilities page seems fine to me.

Antvasima said:
An RWBY-specific abilities page seems fine to me.
Is somebody knowledgeable willing to write such a page?

Well I'm knowledge but I kinda don't want to write it. Maybe we can just link it to the rwby wiki aura page or at least copy most of it and link the original source of the writing (like what fcvsw does with power pages) along with saying what powers aura gives you

We much prefer to not link our power and abilities sections to external wikis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back