• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SOUL EATER - PNA CRT

Meister's on page are missing several abilities, here are the abilities I have gathered for them.

Last edited:
Meister's on page are missing several abilities, here are the abilities I have gathered for them.

What shows this?
Where is this shown or described?
Agreed. This is extremely blatant. We literally see a guy named Soul Eater eat a soul.
This seems okay.
Isn't this just sound manipulation? Any proof of interacting with enemies or objects that aren't tangible?
Sounds okay.
Is this power nullification, or just attack nullification?

Last edited:
Does that sound have feats of interacting with intangible things though? Sound technically isn't intangible so much as a shock wave.
It is sound from one's soul that attacks other souls and can bypass one's body to attack internally. Sound by its nature is intangible and can interact with intangible stuff like air, fire, or water.

It is sound from one's soul that attacks other souls and can bypass one's body to attack internally.
Are the souls shown to be intangible? Any scene where they treat physical materials as immaterial (such as passing straight through the body they are leaving) would probably qualify.
Sound by its nature is intangible
Sound is a burst of pressure. I'm not so sure that's intangibility. If a being is made of sound then I guess, but a sound blast automatically having non-physical interaction seems unlikely to me.
and can interact with intangible stuff like air, fire, or water.
None of those are exactly intangible either. Really what they do is move out of the way when you try to hit them. It's possible to smack a fire out too.

Again, beings composed of them are often treated as intangible, but it's hard to generally call them intangible in the traditional sense at least.

Are the souls shown to be intangible? Any scene where they treat physical materials as immaterial (such as passing straight through the body they are leaving) would probably qualify.
Souls are intangible on site, are you arguing the souls in soul eater are physical?

Sound is a burst of pressure. I'm not so sure that's intangibility. If a being is made of sound then I guess, but a sound blast automatically having non-physical interaction seems unlikely to me.
None of those are exactly intangible either. Really what they do is move out of the way when you try to hit them. It's possible to smack a fire out too.

Again, beings composed of them are often treated as intangible, but it's hard to generally call them intangible in the traditional sense at least.
You're just wrong or completely misinterpreting whats being argued here. Sound can interact with water, fire and air, those are considered intangible on site, souls are also treated as intangible too.

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

Immaterial: This type of intangibility allows the user to phase through most attacks due to not being made up of a physical substance, such as ghosts or characters who merely exist as a disembodied soul. It also includes characters that are made up of things like energy. Of course, this intangibility type still has its own weaknesses - a soul is vulnerable to soul manipulation, for example.

Souls are intangible on site, are you arguing the souls in soul eater are physical?
I thought they were evaluated case by case. Souls being intangible certainly does hold true according to conventional wisdom.
Sound can interact with water, fire and air, those are considered intangible on site, souls are also treated as intangible too.

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.
The quote you just linked says that elemental intangibility leaves the user vulnerable to many energy and elemental attacks. If any sufficiently strong gust of wind has non-physical interaction, then I guess that's fine.

Sound can interact with water, fire and air, those are considered intangible on site, souls are also treated as intangible too.
You really need to provide evidence for this since right now you've just been using empty words without any real backing. Last I checked, sound is a burst of pressure, and it's not able to interact with fire and air as if they were solid. Sufficient enough sound can blow back fire, but that's not a result of NPI, it's the result of force and energy.

Souls are invisible. Chapter 2, no one sees how screwed they are despite the ridic size of Stein's soul until Maka realizes it with her special perception. Characters themselves aren't, only their souls. Because of that you also can't tell their power level.

Soul Wavelength should be NPI because it comes from the soul, interacts with other souls and is not literally a sound. It's more like spiritual energy. You can even tell things like another's personality through it if your perception is good enough. Can't figure out why OP is comparing it to sound since that argument makes it less credible instead of helping.
Got nothing to say about the others, hope this helped.

Soul Wavelength should be NPI because it comes from the soul, interacts with other souls and is not literally a sound. It's more like spiritual energy. You can even tell things like another's personality through it if your perception is good enough. Can't figure out why OP is comparing it to sound since that argument makes it less credible instead of helping.
Its got analogies to how sound works and can be heard, why would it not be sound? And okay I will edit it to contextualize it as spiritual sound

Its got analogies to how sound works and can be heard, why would it not be sound? And okay I will edit it to contextualize it as spiritual sound
Because it's not literal sound, my guy Not physical. Things can have properties that overlap with something else enough to make a metaphor that is easy to understand, without being the same. Like that time when Black Star was training with a Soul Absorption Water that sucked his hand in because it was absorbing soul wavelengths. None of it had to do with physical sounds. And it as training was sorta compared to spiritual weight lifting. Also, gotcha.

Because it's not literal sound, my guy Not physical. Things can have properties that overlap with something else enough to make a metaphor that is easy to understand, without being the same. Like that time when Black Star was training with a Soul Absorption Water that sucked his hand in because it was absorbing soul wavelengths. None of it had to do with physical sounds. And it as training was sorta compared to spiritual weight lifting. Also, gotcha.
Nothing you said disproves it from being sound. What does the Black Star point even prove? And I was never proposing this as regular sound anyway.

We get references for the wavelengths being able to resonate with another, amplify each other, and it literally being called the soul's wavelength. It can be sound and just be on a spiritual level. There's also the stuff with Soul's piano playing amping Maka's soul perception, or when Soul plays his piano to cancel out Giriko's wavelength after hearing it and Giriko then hearing Soul's playing, or the fact he says the piano is in his soul and can play it to others to tell them another soul wavelength through the sound. The manga is very clear about a soul wavelength being sound from the soul, not spiritual energy and not just a metaphor.

Back