• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actually do visit: The best fictional worlds to live in

@Lit

I play the game IRL as well (do you play on DB?). Its kinda funny the way the anime characters play but could you imagine how ridiculously painful, for example, Kiryu's duels in 5Ds would be to watch if he was executing the actual synchro Infernity loops that were dominant in competitive play

Yu gi oh's power creep killed my ability to play.

I completely ignored synchro summons, got a bit into XYZs, hissed angrily at pendulum summons, and now hide in terror from link summons

Because I have no goddamn clue how they work.

Zoophobia (assuming I don't go to hell when I die)

30 second life since I can become literally immortal

The Sims for numerous reasons

Gnosticism For like... All of the reasons. Ordinary Humans are actually 1-A beings trapped in 3-D bodies by the villain, who is destined to be destroyed by his own mother.

Monarch Laciel said:
Yu gi oh's power creep killed my ability to play.
I completely ignored synchro summons, got a bit into XYZs, hissed angrily at pendulum summons, and now hide in terror from link summons

Because I have no goddamn clue how they work.
Holy crap, the same exact thing happened to be too.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Gnosticism For like... All of the reasons. Ordinary Humans are actually 1-A beings trapped in 3-D bodies by the villain, who is destined to be destroyed by his own mother.
Lol, that's even in Platonic philosophy.

Tbh link summoning is, in many ways, the simplest mechanic. Link summons don't inherently require monsters of particular levels, specific types of monsters, etc...they just have to be monsters including tokens, any other specific condition(s) will be on the card and outside of the one extra deck monster zone built into the board under MR4, the zones where you can summon extra deck monsters have arrows pointing to them. They're just synchros without tuners and with arrows. Link monsters actually have good effects that facilitate spamming the board now so in practice, if you're playing a combo deck, at this point you're barely even hindered from effectively using the other summoning mechanics in your strategy. Playing Lightsworn for example, ending with double omega with Curious, 1-2 xyz (typically dweller and/or tornado dragon) and 1-2 synchros (usually naturia beast and/or dawn dragster). 3 total for the xyz+synchros (5 total if you count the psy-framelord omegas that will be coming back next turn). You can get a board like that the overwhelming majority of the time when you open the plant combo (which is a one card combo with 9 ways to get it in deck, 3 diff cards all ran at 3). I blew a gasket when MR4 was first announced but tbh I've been loving it since that ridiculous Tier 0 92% representation SPYRAL format ended.

You don't need to play a deck that link spams to learn to play with the new rules though. Playing Infernoid, for example, you're going to be link summoning very consistently because link monsters don't have levels and thus dodge the level/rank restriction in the Infernoid monsters' summoning conditions. If you wanna go the structure deck route, I strongly suggest picking up 3 of the dinosmasher or lair of darkness.

DMB 1 said:
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Lol, that's even in Platonic philosophy.
...Not really. Platonic philosophy has 1-A objects and a tier 0 force, but none of them are sentient as far as I am aware. On the other hand, 1-As and above in Gnosticism are sentient, including the supreme being.

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
You don't need to play a deck that link spams to learn to play with the new rules though. Playing Infernoid, for example, you're going to be link summoning very consistently because link monsters don't have levels and thus dodge the level/rank restriction in the Infernoid monsters' summoning conditions.
I main infernoids actually, so thanks for the advice! I'll see if having that little bit of synergy makes getting into link stuff easier

Believe me, it's no problem. I love talking about yugioh to the point where two of my IRL friends who don't play legitimately have a real understanding of game mechanics, easily interpret card text and interactions, and understand the win conditions of over a dozen decks and both can look at an opening hand in a few decks and determine the optimal way to order their plays given no interruption...pretty much because I just refuse to shut up about the game and sometimes handtest while we're chillin and explain everything I'm doing.

Oh yeah and pick up two copies of Duelittle Chimera, I think the card is like 75 cents, it takes two fire monsters to make and gives your fire monsters an extra 500 attack. You'll usually only want to play one but it's nice to have the extra around. This makes it very easy to OTK whenever you resolve void imagination summoning Tierra and sending 3 elder entity n'tss from extra deck to gy by its effect and then activating the effs of the n'tss's in grave to pop 3 cards on the field. You'll want to summon an infernoid before resolving imagination so you can pop 3 cards on your opponents field instead of 2 and having to pop your Tierra (you don't have to pop the Tierra if you have decatron in hand but you should be summoning that before using imagination anyway to bait out your opponent's negation or ensure a negate for yourself by sending onuncu or devyaty). Having the two fire monsters on board is necessary to summon Duelittle which is necessary for the OTK. Anyway, after you link the noids into Duelittle, summon the Seitsemas and Attondel you sent from grave off of imagination's effect and that's 8300 damage with a 3300 monster that can attack twice (if your opponent has a monster left on board).

I'm sorry, but everythign past tierra went over my head.

And why would I want Tierra out? She has some nifty effects, but she's never seemed that useful compared to something like Seitsemas or Devatys/Lillith.

Void Imagination lets you choose six Infernoids from your deck and send them to grave for its summon. Then, Tierra's on summon effects trigger. So you send 3 cards from your extra deck to the graveyard and then mill 3 off the top of your deck. The monsters you'll be sending from the extra deck are 3 copies of Elder Entity N'Tss. After Tierra's effects resolve, the effects of the 3 N'tss you sent will trigger in grave; each allowing you to destroy one card on the field.

So yeah you're summoning Tierra to send 6 Infernoids from deck to grave, destroy 3 cards on field, and set up an OTK. A bit more than just nifty :D

Ok, I'm gonna try not to ramble here but closing points lol. A couple more things to remember are that you're getting this off one card and any infernoid to summon; and lastly, if you don't OTK, you've still potentially taken 8-9 cards off your opponent's board (3 from the N'tss's, 1 battle from Duelittle, 2 battles from Attondel, 1 battle from Seitsemas, 1 banish from Seitsemas at the end of battle phase. Possibly one more if the Infernoid you summoned first was Decatron, Antra, Patrulea, or Harmadik) and thats all without even using the Onu or Dev effects.

I can't make heads or tails of what everyone is talking about anymore >~<...not everyone, just 2 people but you know what I mean.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
...Not really. Platonic philosophy has 1-A objects and a tier 0 force, but none of them are sentient as far as I am aware. On the other hand, 1-As and above in Gnosticism are sentient, including the supreme being.
I meant 1-A beings trapped in a 3D body. Souls in Plato are 1-A, or at lthe very least capable of moving in a 1-A realm as far as I remember.

Monster Mesume: Not the safest place but pretty much x1000 better than real life

MLP (Currently): You can probably benefit a lot from being there. Twilight can somehow teach you spells with your hands and it would be good for self defense or just grow a horn which would look weird but at least you can use magic...

Marvel/DC: Doctor Strange can teach you some spells same with bat man teaching you how to fight.

SCP: Why is this here? As much as it is a deadly verse you might get lucky like if you get this SCP:

- http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1230

A book that will pretty much give you a 200 year dream at most (7 - 10 hours in real time) by the time you wake up you'l be entirely a different being. You'l know 200 years of knowledge just by sleeping normally.

Xeno... there are over a billion ways to go through a fate worse than death in SCP, and the chances of gaining anything despite the foundation protecting it is laughable. And the Scarlet King will kill you if nothing else does.

Doctor Strange teaching you is also pretty much never gonna happen, and you would still likely die.

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Terminal:

"Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. God is angry on your doing and want to bring the fire flood"

The Enchanted Cave, particularly the sequel. You can still die, true, but with the wings (I haven't played in a while) you can escape easily.

You can't escape easily. You need to go several layers deep and fight several monsters to do so.

There is also the fact that all of the world is mediaval, and you are extremly unlikely to ever get to the cave with how much time travel takes.

Yobobojojo said:
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Terminal:
Actually, Yu-Gi-Oh is a good verse to be in. Considering any irl who can play can easily be Op and bring in cards that are outside the anime, or abuse the ones in the anime verse since it has no ban list. (Different from Duel Terminal, I'm aware, but it just reminded me of it).

One Piece, i mean beside the Grand Line, the pirates raids or the tyranny of the World Government if you live in one of the Blues you can have a nice life.

Pikmin on earth.
There's a theory that PNF-404 is a post-apocalyptic Earth where you could die of radiation poisoning. The radiation part is implied by the Geiger Counter. I guess this would mean all the bizarre creatures on PNF-404 are resistant to radiation in order to survive here, but there's a reason you don't see any humans in the series, just the remains of their society. However, radiation resistance isn't on any of the profiles obviously, because it's just a theory.

Even if there's no radiation, it would still be a depressing world to live in, since it's just like the Earth you know and love, except after a continental drift millions of years in the future, and humanity is extinct. Seeing the remains of human society would be exactly what is so depressing about it. I would say that seeing no familiar creatures such as cats and dogs would also be depressing, just seeing bizarre "alien" creatures such as bulborbs and weevils, but then I remembered that there's an easteregg on the Pikmin 3 title screen where if you wait long enough, you can hear the bleat of a sheep. This would imply certain creatures such as sheep didn't go extinct in the world of Pikmin.

If you want to live in the world of Touhou:

You will just get immediately eaten by youkai. Outside world humans that get spirited away into Gensokyo aren't protected; youkai aren't allowed to eat native humans from the village, but outsiders are fair game. That is, unless the outsider can make it to the human village, where they can become protected once they've integrated with the natives. Even then, there are some aggressive youkai that break the rules and attack the village anyway. But it's not all bad. Some youkai are nice and don't eat humans, I would assume that's the case with Alice Margatroid. You could probably even learn magic and become a spell card user, so you can venture out of the village and defend yourself from creatures such as youkai and fairies. But that would be very difficult and literally takes a lifetime of work to become even a decent danmaku user - Marisa Kirisame is the only human spell card user we know of who wasn't just born with or granted powers.

Reimu Hakurei: Gets her powers from being a Hakurei shrine maiden, only blood members of the Hakurei clan can use the Yin-Yangs. Though despite being born with her powers, she does sometimes have to train to gain access to or strengthen certain powers.
Sakuya Izayoi: Her time manipulation and danmaku powers are of mysterious origin, though they might've been bestowed by Remilia Scarlet after becoming her maid. It's theorized that Sakuya was formerly a vampire hunter with no magic and only knife skills, but Remilia mopped the floor with her, after which she offered to spare her life on the condition that Sakuya becomes her servant.
Youmu Konpaku: She's only half human. Supposedly most of her powers come from being half phantom, and most of her danmaku is created using her swords, which are said to be forged by youkai.
Sanae Kochiya: As a human shrine maiden, not only may she have inherited her powers, but she's partially a goddess very far back in her bloodline, and it's possible that her powers were strengthened by Kanako and Suwako when they first came to Gensokyo.

That being said, Marisa isn't like any of them. She was formerly a mundane human with no magic or special properties whatsoever, before she began training herself and learning magic. Supposedly, magic is much harder for humans to grasp than youkai, as most youkai just naturally have their powers (though some do study magic to become stronger than the average youkai). Despite having worked hard most of her life to become a talented magician, Marisa only barely rivals Reimu, whom doesn't even need to train to be slightly stronger than Marisa. Suffice to say, if you get spirited away into Gensokyo and want to learn magic in order to defend yourself from hostile entities like phantoms, fairies, and especially youkai, you're gonna have a hard time. And I somewhat doubt you can ask Marisa for help, because stopping to help some freeloader would slow her down from her research and training.

Another possibility is the kappa. They're skilled engineers; although they already have certain powers due to being a type of youkai, most of their power comes from their machines, and much of their danmaku is enhanced by or even produced by their weaponry and other equipment. And the kappa are a particular type of youkai that are actually nice to humans, albeit a bit shy. I'm still not sure if they would be willing to share anything with you, unless you get real friendly with them I guess. Still, the kappa reside mostly at the Genbu Ravine, which is somewhat far from the village and near some of the most dangerous places in Gensokyo, you would have to pass by the Misty Lake, Forest of Magic, Great Youkai Forest, and the ravine itself is at the foot of the Youkai Mountain.

Or you could just not gain any power at all, and just stay in the relative safety of the human village. It would be a peaceful but maybe boring life. After all, you would be giving up certain things you have in real life, such as the computer you're using to read this - the human village is unfamiliar with modern technology, it was isolated from the outside world centuries ago, so it's like a snapshot of ancient Japan.

Still, I suggested this because it's a world with many possibilities. If you're very lucky, you could gain a foothold in this world if you manage to become a spell card user. If you get strong enough, you could maybe even take part in incidents, or even become an incident resolver. Even if you don't gain any supernatural powers, there's friends to make here. And if all else fails, and you find this dangerous world too risky to live in, you can have Reimu guide you back through the Hakurei Barrier into the outside world. That would essentially mean abandoning this fantastical world to return to real life.

Last edited:
Still not the best option though, and it take waaay too much effort just to be happy and stuff. If you want friendship, I suggest just go to the anime version of Pokemon, where you just need to befriend with a Pokémon in the guilt-free friendship bonding via friendship capsule lol

Databrawl: This is a weird one as in order for this to be an good opinion you have to hope Viruses and Malware don't decide to destroy your computer. Life as a Program would be easy as it could end up being the same as the life of a real world human.

The Infographics Show's You VS Series: This one is a bit weirder as this one requires you to simply not fight as demons likely won't attack you as they have no reason to.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Yoshikage Kira

Pokémon: The Anime version is actually very safe to live in despite the fact it filled with 7-A creatures, since even then it's extremely rare for a human there to be killed by a Pokemon attack, if it happens at all. Also anyone can catch and evolve Pokemon themselves so anyone can be relevant there

Gravity Falls: As long as you aren't in Gravity Falls, this verse is actually pretty safe to live in. Even in Gravity Falls you won't find much trouble unless you actively search for it like how the Pines family do

Miraculous Ladybug: While attacks from High 7-C villains happen literally every day, Ladybug and Cat Noir always defeat them and fixes whatever damage they cause so it's generally pretty safe to live there

Pokémon: The Anime version is actually very safe to live in despite the fact it filled with 7-A creatures, since even then it's extremely rare for a human there to be killed by a Pokemon attack, if it happens at all. Also anyone can catch and evolve Pokemon themselves so anyone can be relevant there

Gravity Falls: As long as you aren't in Gravity Falls, this verse is actually pretty safe to live in. Even in Gravity Falls you won't find much trouble unless you actively search for it like how the Pines family do

Miraculous Ladybug: While attacks from High 7-C villains happen literally every day, Ladybug and Cat Noir always defeat them and fixes whatever damage they cause so it's generally pretty safe to live there
Now someone mentions it:

Townsville (The Powerpuff Girls) vs Metropolis (Superman) is a thing

Last edited:
Back