• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actually do visit: The best fictional worlds to live in

Why D&D tho

You gotta work hard to make a fantasy medieval world livable for the common people.

Considering that most of my verses are nihilistic as **** I don't have much, but...

-Pokémon: While catastrophes do happen, they tend to rarely actually kill people (Guzzlord killing someone was almost a first), Pokémon and technology make living much easier and most importantly, anyone can actually fight and do relevant things in the verse, unlike 99% of combat-based verse.

-Touhou: The Outside World is our world, although Gensokyo is kinda nice. Dying is rare, given that the youkai protect humans from serious harm and we have tons of fun fantasy stuff. Maybe.

-Monster Musume/MGQ/MGE: Obvious reasons are obvious.

-Animal Crossing/Stardew Valley: Peaceful as **** with some new elements added to make it fun.

-Yume 2kki: Assuming it's in the dream world and that the relative silence of the NPCs to be game mechanics, it's an extremely big and varied world, and it's pretty, and fun, and surrealistic. And stuff like Chocolate World means endless food.

Skyrim

Just go out picking crops and selling them for a bit of gold. Use gold to pay for a night at the inn. If you get sick, pray at a shrine. If vampires/dragons show up, hide in a building. Ez game ez life

I guess I was supposed to explain why.

Aside from the obvious reasons, a good like 85% of the characters are just nice, even the ones labeled as ""evil"" shinobi. Sure there are monsters and shit but the characters always kill them before any normal folk even get to see them so it's k.

The Riordanverse (Percy Jackson and co.) shouldn't be too bad. As a normal human, the Mist prevents you from taking notice of all the horrible sh*t happening with mythological beings. Regardless of your religion, if you're a good person, you're going to a better place once you die.

Of course, if you're a demigod, it's the exact opposite. And even as a normal human, you need the gods and their champions to not...fail, or let Apophis (Riordan) gain any ground.

The real cal howard said:
The Riordanverse (Percy Jackson and co.) shouldn't be too bad. As a normal human, the Mist prevents you from taking notice of all the horrible sh*t happening with mythological beings. Regardless of your religion, if you're a good person, you're going to a better place once you die.
Of course, if you're a demigod, it's the exact opposite. And even as a normal human, you need the gods and their champions to not...fail, or let Apophis (Riordan) gain any ground.
Gaea (Percy Jackson) would also be pretty bad, tbh...

YOU STOLE MY IDEA! I'M COPYRIGHT STRIKING YOU AND CALLING A SWA okay I'm over it.

Cal made a compelling arguement for Pokemon on the other thread, but I'll say ANIME Pokemon here. Where it's nice and cuddy and most everyone's conventionally attractive and 10-year olds can defeat evil.

RWBY for somewhat similar reasons, at least for me, since buying dust and training hard in that verse can make you a superhero, plus I'm already a martial artist, so I'd have a good start there.

Planet Popstar from Kirby might be nice if no one's trying to blow it up. Lots of regions made of food, too, and many of the denziens aren't looking for a fight. Just don't let Kirby eat you!

Ranma 1/2

The very worst you have to worry about is rainy days and the beach.

Toriko

The world is run by food and I love it.

Planet Wisp seems like a alright place to be without Eggman's crap on it. Just hanging with the Wisps.

Monarch Laciel said:
Skyrim

Just go out picking crops and selling them for a bit of gold. Use gold to pay for a night at the inn. If you get sick, pray at a shrine. If vampires/dragons show up, hide in a building. Ez game ez life
All made possible by the Time Dragon and Space Mutant!

But in actuality the building you'll try to hide in will get destroyed and you'll either get killed or raped by vampires.

- DB: Cuz I get some nice tech and pretty cool shit around

- Sonic: Idk I just felt I want to go to other eras and probs see more shit around

- Naruto: Idk why but I just want to try to be a ninja

- Asura's Wrath: A lot of god busting...I like it

- DMC: Demon killing sign me up

- Marvel: Well some places are nice others are hell but I'd take my chances

- Street Fighter: Want to beat up bison for stressing me out in games

- Masadaverse: The most dnagerous of the verses to visit due to either nazis or tenmas but I prefer to get something in return :p

TISSG7Redgrave said:
- Asura's Wrath: A lot of god busting...I like it
If you're a god.

If you're not, you get to be either sacrificed for the God's pety goals or continue your miserable life in a backwards society seemingly right out of Feudal Eras.... Which means you're pretty much going to die of disease at 30.

Fire Emblem. Instant I take up swordfighting, I can bust small towns.
Best verses are ones in which putting in some effort can get you ahead. Also helps when you can tell if someone's good or not by just looking at them.

I wonder if there are any pleasant Final Fantasy verses? Hard to tell since they tend to take place during uncommon crises. FF9 seems fairly placid during peacetime, but FF6, for example, doesn't ever seem peaceful due to weird monsters and the likes of the Empire Gestahl, even before Kefka murdered everyone until they died from it.

Fire Emblem. Instant I take up swordfighting, I can bust small towns. And there's sooooo many waifus ovo.
Honestly, this really just depends on when and where you end up, also, there's the fact that characters like Donnel and Mozu are essentially average humans (and assuming we get equalized to the "average human" of where we end up, you'd be fine)

Also, going by certain items, glass has the durability to not break in impact with the face of someone who can withstand several meteors capable of crushing multiple people at once, just take a glass bottle and you're fine, even a stick you find on the ground will do ovo

Back