• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yan Sen Plot Manipulation Removal

image.png

Yan sen clearly states Henry power is increasing his body wants to surpass him. If Yan sen cannot kill Henry then that’s just Immortality.
Give me a different interpretation of "I am the setting", that isn't utterly insane
Setting doesn’t automatically mean the whole plot it can mean various other things like Henry
Thats not Plot Manipulation.

You know, the argument against henry plot manip is just a bunch of baseless claims, and literally going against the definition of certain words, doesn't help how there is a consistent theme here
Henry is the creator of the novel
He is also the character designer
He is also the narrative
His mere existence makes people from other works of fiction become affected by his plot manip

They keep saying it’s Plot Manipulation. Like Yan sen already said the setting means an infinite power to overtake an opponent.
This will eventually bring him to the top of the story. And as I said, the setting sets Henry up to be at his strongest before the war even begins. But evolution happens through fighting and during the war, so evolution is how plot manipulation works.

This will eventually bring him to the top of the story. And as I said, the setting sets Henry up to be at his strongest before the war even begins. But evolution happens through fighting and during the war, so evolution is how plot manipulation works.
Okay? You know haxes can come in several utilities right? Just because you can manipulate concepts, doesn't make you only able to manipulate concepts

You keep ignoring what Yan sen said. Henry never stated what the “setting” was only Yan sen did and he said the setting means an infinite power to overtake an opponent that and there already disproves any Plot Manipulation.

You keep ignoring what Yan sen said. Henry never stated what the “setting” was only Yan sen did and he said the setting means an infinite power to overtake an opponent that and there already disproves any Plot Manipulation.
I think you're the one ignoring what I wrote about evolution, dude.

Omg y’all just don’t listen he said the setting means an infinite power to overtake an opponent. Nothing in that implies plot manipulation. It just means his power to develop is infinite against his opponents. And it seems to be limited “in this place”.

Omg y’all just don’t listen he said the setting means an infinite power to overtake an opponent. Nothing in that implies plot manipulation. It just means his power to develop is infinite against his opponents. And it seems to be limited “in this place”.
....If I ignore the several mentions, and allegories of a meta narrative, and Henry being the creator of the story
__vegeta_dragon_ball_and_1_more_drawn_by_kazetier__sample-42460705e5d3fc97d02bb87e94922267.jpg

Yan Sen explains how the setting works. I assume you know that plot manipulations have their ways of working.

"With it"

That his character design means he'll become stronger over time is a fact, no one is denying this. What we're saying is that his power isn't merely an ability similar to other superpowers from the verse (since they come from Henry/Magnetic field) but comes from his very design.

If I create a character that is "the strongest superhero" and no one can beat him in the story because that's how I wrote it and yet, someone can create a duplicate of it and even win against it, it seems plot manipulation enough for me.

"With it"

That his character design means he'll become stronger over time is a fact, no one is denying this. What we're saying is that his power isn't merely an ability similar to other superpowers from the verse (since they come from Henry/Magnetic field) but comes from his very design.

If I create a character that is "the strongest superhero" and no one can beat him in the story because that's how I wrote it and yet, someone can create a duplicate of it and even win against it, it seems plot manipulation enough for me.
That's quite enough.

It doesn’t indicate plot manipulation it just means Yan sen can create another Henry on the same level as the original.

Back