• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez

He/Him
I am surprised this wasn't already on his profile especially considering the fact that this particular scene is quite popular.

Well their is not much to explain here as you can see Dormamu was unaffected by Strange's time loop and should receive acausailty type 1 for that

Last edited:
The only argument I could see is that people might think Dr. Strange looped only himself in time but I don't think this is the case.

Like i said in the previous thread, we got any exmaples of characters with legit full acausality for rememebering changes? If we do this is fine to apply.

Like i said in the previous thread, we got any exmaples of characters with legit full acausality for rememebering changes? If we do this is fine to apply.
Frisk has type 1 for this reason
Type 1. Keeps their memories after turning back time by their own powers or that of others.

The only argument I could see is that people might think Dr. Strange looped only himself in time but I don't think this is the case.
That argument can be debunked easily since when the loop started Dormamu repeated his sentence again and than said what

And also strange needs supernatural willpower for dying who knows how many times and not giving up

im not entirely sure of the context,
at the beginning he was affected by the time loop wrist, he then mid sentence remembers the prior events could this be strange then time looping everything but dormamu? if dr strange plan was to torture him into a bargain he wouldnt put dormamu in a time loop.

im not entirely sure of the context,
at the beginning he was affected by the time loop wrist, he then mid sentence remembers the prior events could this be strange then time looping everything but dormamu? if dr strange plan was to torture him into a bargain he wouldnt put dormamu in a time loop.
The part about Dormamu repeating the line supports he too was looped if he wasn't he will have no reason to repeat himself and then go wtf is going on

yeah but was this dr strange intention to release him from the loop so he could torture him with the endless bargain thing?

And also strange needs supernatural willpower for dying who knows how many times and not giving up
This is from an interview with the director so strange died at least a few thousands of times that most certainly qualifies for supernatural willpower
“We had a line,” recounts Derrickson, “where Strange said, ‘we've been through this a thousand times. Literally. I fancied the idea that they went through it thousands of times before Dormammu finally realised he wasn't going to get out of it.”

yeah but was this dr strange intention to release him from the loop so he could torture him with the endless bargain thing?
From the looks Strange just made it so at the beginning of each loop time will reverse upon his death he did the reverse thing in the beginning of every loop he had no time to release Dormamu out of the loops. The loops are just him setting up another loop and saying the bargain line and dying

Let's hope this ends quickly so I can make the crt for 4d Dormamu thankfully all of the evidence is already on his profile so no searching will be required

I wonder if we'll be able to get a moderator or someone who knows better about this stuff to come in and give their two cents and maybe add it to his profile.

There are characters who have gotten Limited Acausality Type 1 for this such as Po

But there are also characters who get flat out Acausality Type 1 for the same reason such as Frisk and Fenghuang

So a knowledgeable staff member needs to explain which is applicable in this instance.

There are characters who have gotten Limited Acausality Type 1 for this such as Po

But there are also characters who get flat out Acausality Type 1 for the same reason such as Frisk and Fenghuang

So a knowledgeable staff member needs to explain which is applicable in this instance.
I am not staff, but i belive this is limited because dormmamu was affected, but he just remembered what happend

I don't understand much about this, but I think it would be the case of limited Type 1 acausality, being explained in ( )

Type 1 acausality refers to temporal paradox, I think time loop doesn't fit the criteria.

Po has limited acausailty because he actually has been shown to be affected by changes in past he just remembers stuff

I don't understand much about this, but I think it would be the case of limited Type 1 acausality, being explained in ( )

Type 1 acausality refers to temporal paradox, I think time loop doesn't fit the criteria.
It does normally a character won't remember stuff in a time loop and technically it's not even a time loop it's just time reversal Strange sets the infinity stone to automatically reverse time once he dies at the hands of Dormamu he does it everytime Dormamu kills him and time is reversed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back