• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
later on it appears that Dormamu outright isn't effected because when he demands Strange to end the loop Strange hadn't even hit the ground yet (if I remember right, I'm checking right now.)

Reactions: Rez
Yeah it appears on the last one he isn't effected, I think the whole thing with him repeating the phrase at first, is just him in the habit of greeting everyone like that maybe, but that latter bit may just be headcannon

Yeah it appears on the last one he isn't effected, I think the whole thing with him repeating the phrase at first, is just him in the habit of greeting everyone like that maybe, but that latter bit may just be headcannon
Well, if he is outright not affected, it should be Acausality type 1 without the ''limited''

It seems like this would only be limited Type 1, as he was still affected by the Time Loop, he just kept his memories. I more or less agree though besides that.

It seems like this would only be limited Type 1, as he was still affected by the Time Loop, he just kept his memories. I more or less agree though besides that.
He isn't being affected that is why he is keeping the memory and type 1 doesn't protect you from time reversal for that resistance to time manipulation is necessary strange's time loop is the stone reversing time each time he dies so him getting reversed in time is not an anti feat

Acausailty type 1 simply protects from time paradox and allows to remember things in some cases it doesn't protect from time manipulation

Like i said in the previous thread, we got any exmaples of characters with legit full acausality for rememebering changes? If we do this is fine to apply.
Acausality (Type 1. Her memories are unaffected to the time resets happening through the game),

Lol it is uncontroversial. I can apply it if you want. This also applies to Dr. strange right?

I haven't watched the movie, but do not think that Strange is acausal.

I mean, he was also unaffected by his own time loop like dormammu. EDIT: Except that he healed, but he still remembered the past loops like dormammu.

Strange made the loop I don't think we give characters acausailty for being unaffected by their own time manipulation

Strange made the loop I don't think we give characters acausailty for being unaffected by their own time manipulation
Aight, just needed confirmation since acausality and time bullshit isn't my specialty.

And strange's page needs to be opened too for supernatural willpower addition

So these two pages needs to be opened
Dormammu (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Should I close this thread as well?

The wording is wrong, he wasn't unaffected by the time loop, he could only keep his memories from it, just saying that is even misleading too as it took him some kind of effort to do so as opposed to it being natural.

The change in Dr. Strange is also wrong, something that was never added to the film isn't canon. It's disastrous to add something like that w/o sources, that's an example of what not to do.

The change in Dr. Strange is also wrong, something that was never added to the film isn't canon. It's disastrous to add something like that w/o sources, that's an example of what not to do.
Thousands of times statement comes from an interview so I kind of understand we can change it to several times or an unknown amount of Times and yeah I think removing the unaffected part in the wording is an good idea although I did wrote seemingly unaffected not just unaffected in general

Last edited:
Thousands of times statement comes from an interview so I kind of understand we can change it to several times or an unknown amount of Times and yeah I think removing the unaffected part in the wording is an good idea
I mean, it comes from an interview, it is 'canon' and valid

"there was originally a line in that scene where Strange said they had been “through this a thousand times”, which would have been a good hint at how long he was trapped in the loop."

They never add this, it doesn't matter. By that logic I could wank quite a lot of profiles via would-be autor intents of things never added, and we don't even know if they still roll with this idea in this context.

"there was originally a line in that scene where Strange said they had been “through this a thousand times”, which would have been a good hint at how long he was trapped in the loop."

They never add this, it doesn't matter. By that logic I could wank quite a lot of profiles via would-be autor intents of things never added, and we don't even know if they still roll with this idea in this context.
Ok so an unknown amount of time is better I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back