• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Changes

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Now that the Acausality page has been updated, the changes this means for various pages must be discussed, so here it is. Any questions on how varying characters' Acausality should be quantified goes here.

Pretty sure this is just good type 1, but I'll ask to be safe.

The Golden Weapons destroy their past selves beyond repair, and exist as a mangled mess in a timeline where they never went back in time to perform that feat in the first place and then are fused with each other.

What type of acausality would The Speed Force have? if it even needs acausality to be mentioned.

I'll repeat my explanation from the last thread

It is stated to exist outside of time space and has demonstrated it by being completely unaffected by any alteration to the timeline done through time travel. Speedsters avoid being grandfather paradoxed when traveling through the speed force due to being outside of where the effect of such temporal alterations can reach.

A prison inside the speed force made in the future existed when Barry traveled to it in the present. It also has a short of omnipresence across various timelines as time traveling abilities of speedsters are built around moving inside the speed force where their past present and future exist at once.

@Andy That is either type 4 or 5, don't know which one.

@Dargo Amon is probably type 1, the rest have no descriptions of their acausality on their profiles so i can't judge.

Not sure where to place Tachibana Kukuri and Demiurge (11eyes-Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo). It's weird, Kukuri was Kakeru Satsuki sister in another reality, she found him dead, lost control and rewrote reality by imagining a world in which the orphanage that killed him permanently died, thus creating a new reality in which an older version of herself who was Kakeru's sister killed herself, while she herself is not his sister.

Also there are also the facts that Kukuri and Demiurge are "observers" to reality, don't exist within time, and watch over all of time.

Think type 2 covers the not existing in time part, not sure about the other part though, that was before Kukuri became God and gained the eye of aeon which made her an observer to reality.

Saw this the other day but didn't get to ask this due to school work and being busy.

Goetia, Tiamat (Fate/Grand Order), and Kiara Sessyoi have Type 1 Acausality due to their Independent Manifestation skills allowing them to be unable to be killed by Time Paradoxes. While the changes were made, at least I think they are, should they also be tagged/categorized with the Acausal Characters category on their pages even if it's just Type 1 Acausality?

>Checks ability's page again and back to Tiamat's

Ah I see what you mean now.

Can characters have more than one type of Acausality or just have one only? Tiamat's could work for Types 1 and 3 but I'm down to just having her at one single type. Kiara's, I have to read her mats again since she has B-rank IM so her Beast incarnation is good for Type 1. What of Goetia's and Merlin's though (noticed your comment about him but didn't say or share my thoughts with that)?

They can have multiple, but a lot of them encompass other types (Type 1 is redundant with Type 3)

Right. So Tiamat should get Type 3 then instead, which also seems to cover Type 1 as well so that's good. The rest sans Merlin should be Tye 1 then. Merlin probably could but I'm not quite sure where he'd have it other than that he's still alive and...physically well and won't ever die according to his mats lore info.

Hey, maybe Merlin could get the deterministic causality I proposed

"No matter the future that comes to pass he will not reach the Throne of Heroes"

Perhaps.

Anyways just to not get too into it, am I to presume that Goetia and Kiara will have Type 1 Acausality both tagged and written to their pages yes? As for Tiamat, what should be said there if hers is Type 3 rather than Type 1?

Not being bound by fate (including not being affected by precog/clairvoyance abilities) is type 2.

Cool, can an admin here update that on his page (Also remove TPI from his powers/categories and add Type 1)

Madoka would definitly be type 2.

I'm unsure about what type of acausality being unaffected by time resets is.

Being unaffected by Time Resets can be provided by Types 1,2,4,5

Edit: If it's only Time Reset, then Type 1 is okay. If there's more info, then other types are available.

I'd say Type 1 for Homura, and Type 2 for Madoka, then.

Type 4 for the 2-A keys looks right.

That's Type 1 Acasuality for being able to exist if he normally shouldn't in the present.

I believe the second is just resistance to Fate Manipulation for the second as opposed to any type of Acasuality, as they still seem to follow a regular sense of cause and effect. If they transcend fate entirely as opposed to just not being effected by changes in fate they likely have type 2.

I see.

I guess I'll have to add that to his Profile then.

I wonder if him not taking much damage since he didn't really feel it would change the outcome

Back