• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Yu Yu Hakusho Demons

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Based upon a debate I'm having on the Hiei vs Lugia thread the problem arises is that Beings like Hiei should not be able to be seen by their opponent unless they have high spiritual awareness. Based on this info I believe Yu Yu Hakusho demons should gain invisibility to people without high spiritual awareness. And this most likely can be used for vs battles right?

Agreement:2

Disagreement:1

Ikusabe Wataru said:
I take it you're not a fan of Yu Yu Hakusho. I'll be the opposition in that case.
1) You can be a fan and not a fanboy

2) I have recently gotten into it. Pretty solid so far from what I've seen.

I think I should just show some examples. As I was saying, it would be completely different to soul reapers as they are different beings and would fail to apply to other franchises.
Nono
Notice how Yusuke takes a second glance

BruceTheBatman said:
also I don't think this invisibility is consistently shown in the verse, anyway.
It is quite common as well. You can see this ability being just as present up to the Chapter Black Saga.

BruceTheBatman said:
and afterwards?
The Chapter Black Saga is nearly the climax Yu Yu Hakusho which is more or less where Yusuke stops being a Spirit Detective, because of the short length of the Three kings saga.

Gorna
Look out how the crowd didn't notice these demons at all.

Gouki takes a soul from a kid with the crowd being totally unaware of these demons.

And Kuwabara was the only one to spot this makai insect, not being the spirit detective. Few more:

Kuwabara respect
Kuwabara spots what the population, and spirit detective could not. / Kuwabara respect

Disagree with similar reasons from Bruce. It would be like saying every Soul Reaper and Hollow from Bleach would be invisible and we dont accept it here. This from Yuyu Hakosho is no different.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Disagree with similar reasons from Bruce. It would be like saying every Soul Reaper and Hollow from Bleach would be invisible and we dont accept it here. This from Yuyu Hakosho is no different.
I also find it funny how Bleach is inspired by Yu Yu Hakusho. I became unfamiliar with Bleach so I can't firmly disapprove.

I also remember in bleach seeing Chad being able to fight a hollow/soul reaper without even seeing them. And I've not seen it in 5 years.

'''Technically '''yes demons should have the invisibility power on their profiles and can pretty much only be seen or sensed by those who have high spiritual awareness and the same can be said for bleach. This is part of their respective verses so '''technically '''it should be on their profiles as it has been '''proven '''time and again that those who dont have a certain degree of spiritual awareness cannot see them. The only reason people don't want to put it to use on vsbattles is that they consider it unfair to say the least which I can understand. For example pretty much everyone or everyone in one piece and naruto would be unable to see them and people don't like that idea. But the ability should be added to the profiles just because it was '''proven '''and has '''concrete evidence '''that '''supports '''it and there can be no opposition to it as it was '''cleary explained and shown''' in both respective series. Regardless if people don't like it it should still be on the profile and if they want to make matches they can just state "can see this character during fight". People above me have posted enough evidence to support what I said. This site the last I checked tries to go by '''facts and feats''' well these are '''facts and feats''' pertaining to both series whether you like it or not.

The fact is that it is pushing an NLF here. That is the problem. Seeing as it has many contradictions as well. I disagree with it being on the files because it is to put it bluntly pushing a No Limits Fallacy.

Whatever the discrepancies maybe for Yu Yu Hakusho makes it NLF for Yu Yu Hakusho. How would it be NLF for Bleach? It definitely would pose a challenge for any battles involving soul reapers, but please explain both scenarios.

You do realize we don't use the "Not being able to see souls" argument here right? Yu Yu Hakusho is no different. We can't allow Yu Yu Hakusho to have something when another verse was denied the same advantage.

In most battles, we assume Shinigami can we can be seen, which is why we never use it, and if they involve a character dissimilar to a Shinigami it could greatly hinder the match entirely. But if the series makes the invisibility 2nd nature ability in the character like Martian Manhunter from DC I think it would be pretty reasonable. (For the characters that have clearly shown themselves to be invisible)

Addarash said:
In most battles, we assume Shinigami can we can be seen, which is why we never use it, and if they involve a character dissimilar to a Shinigami it could greatly hinder the match entirely. But if the series makes the invisibility 2nd nature ability in the character like Martian Manhunter from DC I think it would be pretty reasonable. (For the characters that have clearly shown themselves to be invisible)
I am sure MM can turn invisible. Just not automatically invisible. Also we assume we can see shinigami. So what makes Yu Yu Hakusho any different? Nothing. They are able to be seen simple as that. Nothing excludes Demons from YYH from being seen in vs battles. End of story.

I said the reason we assume they are visible is that it would complicate the battles. It won't be that simple to exclude every Demon from YYH from being invisible either.

This is by the way involved all verses that has beings that can see the the supernatural and as a result the mechanics of each verses will be different. Also are we gonna forget about verse equalization? I recall we having something like that for Vs Threads as this will complicated things for being legit invisible. The showing of the invisibility can be explained in a legit way.

Yeah with Verse Equalization in which I believe is part of Standard Battle Assumption(Could be wrong.) Would make these guys visible to their opponent.

So we should allow the invisibility for only the characters that show the invisibility. Otherwise, we'll likely end up with this type of issue.

@Dragon You are correct as I did check the Standard Battle Assumption page twice and it does talk about the one regarding invisibility.

Depends, if it's something everyone is born with like say Ki in DB and it directly to the amount of power a person has then yes however this would only apply when they are fighting someone weaker then them but to opponents of equal caliber like Lugia then no.

However if spiritual energy is limited to a select few, we might have to treat it kinda like the Logia users in One Piece.

Not everyone is born with the same Ki in Hakusho. The types of Ki are vast so even if we verse even a verse equalization will make it intricate to absolve the invisibility.

@Addaradh In Dragon Ball verse, all the combatants have Ki in it so a muted point there. Not to mention even the Pokemon has life energy as well.

Back