• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Yu Yu Hakusho Demons

Spirit energy has unique degrees so it would require a note for every particular battle that the combatants have the same Ki.

Starkiller215 said:
@Addaradh In Dragon Ball verse, all the combatants have Ki in it so a muted point there. Not to mention even the Pokemon has life energy as well.
The issue is about Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach. You have singled out the purpose of this thread.

Every verse is different. It's not that simple, not every verse has the same concepts as Pokemon and Dragon ball.

Ikusabe Wataru said:
I also remember in bleach seeing Chad being able to fight a hollow/soul reaper without even seeing them. And I've not seen it in 5 years.
Shinigami and Hollows in Bleach are invisible to humans without spiritual power but not intangible. The intangibility thing is not passive but active. They need to focus in order to phase through solid matter in the physical i.e. human realm. It is obviously not something they can employ in combat. So Shinigami and Hollow should not get intangibility on their powers & abilities lists (unless of course if it is a main power of theirs which they have actually used in combat).

Anyway, on topic now. I think only some weaker demons of the E-class and D-class are invisible to humans who do not have spiritual awareness. Stronger ones like those of the upper D-class or C-class and up have never displayed the trait of being invisible to humans without spiritual power.

Disclaimer: I have not read/seen YYH in a while so my knowledge of the verse might be a bit rusty.

EDIT: I have a couple more scans of these instances but I'll leave it at that. Anyway this is at least an upper C class likely mid B-class demon that even Kuwabara couldn't sense.

I forgot to add this scan yesterday:

Noham
A nearly full Yoko Kurama

Starkiller215 said:
@Addaradh In Dragon Ball verse, all the combatants have Ki in it so a muted point there. Not to mention even the Pokemon has life energy as well.
I also must confirm that NO. Not all Pokemon would have life energy because the wiki said "Humans and Demons". So you haven't muted it. And your equalization argument would still be disadvantage to both sides if the series was Hakusho vs a franchise similar (bleach) with different mortals. Didn't OP say that only fighting types have aura so it would be the same as Spirit Energy in Hakusho in the sense there are different degrees to this energy.

@Addam Hmmmm I suppose you have a debatable point there, but regardless though trying to said only fighting types having aura is not the case as there were humans in the past that have used aura before. Case in point Lucario along with his human friend Sir Aaron in that one movie. Ash was also shown using Aura in that very same movie in the present as well indicating Aura can be used for those who can train in it.

I guess you are referring to ghost types not having life energy. However they in fact do. Spiritual Energy is still life energy.

Starkiller215 said:
Here is Ash using Aura and he using Riley's gloves to do it :
IMG 0113
Aura being used by Ash.
Actually it wasnt Riley in that movie, it was Sir Aaron. However Riley from the Steel Island arc might be a descendant of Sir Aaron via their striking resemblance to each other

But yea all Pokemon ane beings in the verse should have it. Hell Ghost Types would BE life energy.

Ok. Simply put, no.

Invisibility is applied as a power when characters fighting each other in any series out there can use invisibility against other characters who can actually fight and not be perceived. Well, there are different cases out there, but this one is certainly not one of them.

Yu Yu Hakusho only has passive invisibility against absolute fodder (namely, Normal Human beings with no powers whatsoever) and was never used in battle.

Couple that with the fact that Verse Equalization equal the kind of energy used in battle and obviously any opponent out there that is not absolute fodder should be able to perceive them.

EDIT: The exception would be the likes of Karasu, who can make his energy become invisible to others if he is stronger than his opponent (that is, has a higher energy lvl). He was the ONLY one to demonstrate this sort of power in combat, as far as I remember.

And more discrepancies. I said different degrees. Ash is a human so his life energy should be different and I didn't say that no Pokemon can produce it. Not all Pokemon can learn aura sphere so this post complicated things more than it should have.

We never said you said no pokemon have life force. You said not all had it. In which we corrected you on. All pokemon have aura/ life force, but not all pokemon use it. Moves like focus blast is a life energy move and can even be learned by some ghosts. Regardless this is off topic

If that was the case they could not use moves like focus blash aura sphere and such as those use life energy Either way this is about how we will judge thus invisibility. Not pokemon life energy so let us drop this topic.

I can understand why this rule wouldn't be excepted for Bleach seeing as how close to every Bleach character would gain this. It says on the profile for the Bleach verse. But it doesn't say so on the profile for the Yu Yu verse.

Furthermore, what Radical said we could treat it like Logia from One Piece as considerably less of the verse are only Demon or a Ghost. With an exception, only the anomalies that show they are invisible can have the invisibility and (Not all of the demons).

See my reply above. None of them have combat oriented invisibility and they're only invisible to fodder who can't manipulate energy in any way. Heck, even a lot of humans or fodder demons with no spiritual energy or perception worthy of note (I'm looking at you, Black Black Club) could easily perceive them.

Toguro was tons of times stronger than anyone around and pretty much everyone in town could see him. If a person has a sliiightly lvl of power, they can already perceive them.

Only Karasu should get invisibility for his attacks because he's the only character in YYH who ever used this sort of thing - and that is, he has invisible explosive attacks, even he doesn't become invisible himself. And it only works against enemies with energy inferior to his own.

FateAlbane said:
See my reply above. None of them have combat oriented invisibility and they're only invisible to fodder who can't manipulate energy in any way. Heck, even a lot of humans or fodder demons with no spiritual energy or perception worthy of note (I'm looking at you, Black Black Club) could easily perceive them.
Toguro was tons of times stronger than anyone around and pretty much everyone in town could see him. If a person has a sliiightly lvl of power, they can already perceive them.

Only Karasu should get invisibility for his attacks because he's the only character in YYH who ever used this sort of thing - and that is, he has invisible explosive attacks, even he doesn't become invisible himself. And it only works against enemies with energy inferior to his own.
Read again, please. I said for the characters that have shown to be invisible Clearly.

Karasu is literally the only one worthy of note that has shown invisibility. The others are either fodder demons like the insects Suzaku was controlling and then some that are not even worth mentioning.

The thread is asking for a revision where YYH characters should get invisibility, but all the scans are not in combat situations or were used against the most common of people who literally have no power at all. In verse, no one needs to acquire any sort of special skill to see them or anything, they just need to be above fodder lvl.

Unless I see some scan here of a character other than Karasu using invisibility in battle against an actual opponent, what I said still stands.

Toguro asked the committee to make him a Demon so he is technically a Demon but his Sub (100%) resembles his human body, which is why everyone saw him because he said no one saw him in his 80% form or higher.
Kuwabara see Turukane as a Youki
Even Kuwabara said Turukane was a Youki, so doesn't that mean that even the fodder can have high-spirit awareness too? As for the rest of the Black Black Club not enough is known about that organisation for these judgements. But even fodder can have a high-spirit awareness.

Uh, no? Kuwabara said the girl Tarukane had captive (that is, Yukina) was an Youkai. Tarukane is stated to be human time and again, despite his hideous appearance.

Aside from that, your comment pretty much supports what I just said. If you are anything above absolute fodder lvl department - aka: Has literally NO energy/powers at all - you can already see them.

FateAlbane said:
Karasu is literally the only one worthy of note that has shown invisibility. The others are either fodder demons like the insects Suzaku was controlling and then some that are not even worth mentioning.
The thread is asking for a revision where YYH characters should get invisibility, but all the scans are not in combat situations or were used against the most common of people who literally have no power at all. In verse, no one needs to acquire any sort of special skill to see them or anything, they just need to be above fodder lvl.

Unless I see some scan here of a character other than Karasu using invisibility in battle against an actual opponent, what I said still stands.
A question then. What do you suggest we do about In from Hunter x Hunter. We would have to treat the character's Nen that use In to have invisible attacks too unless we have another Nen user that uses Gyo.

Seems like In user by the likes of Kurapika should have their Nen attacks stated as invisible, and Biscuit as such. The chains were invisible to the Uvogin.

Back