• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About speed scaling in Persona

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper

The profile of Aigis says her combat and reaction speed is ~MHS by scaling to dodging natural lightning.

However, dodging natural lightning 1-meter away from a 1-meter source yields Mach 1294.12 (MHS+) while dodging from a 200-meter sky source yields only Mach 6.47 (hypersonic).

None of which clocks at MHS (range from mach 100 to mach 1000). Can anyone explain why Aigis is MHS (not hypersonic or MHS+)? 'coz most main Persona characters at base scale to that reaction speed.

The edge of the observable universe is about 46.5 billion light years in radius.

The big bang happened (or should I say started) about 13.8 billion years ago.

Does that mean Joker's combat and reaction speed to a "Big Bang Challenge attack" (at EoG) ~3.37 times speed of light? (Or do we need to take the unobservable universe radius as of today into account or...)

I mean, if we go from the visuals, we only see BB Challenge covering a Galaxy in a matter of seconds, but not the universe, no. It's not an universal explosion. But even so, I read that'd still make him millions of times FTL? Is that wrong?

Joker is in the millions of C speed tier of FTL. Big Bang attack can be dodged, and thus Joker scales to said speed which is like 400 mill x C

Morning Star can also be dodged iirc, and that attack covers the distance between a random star and Earth in seconds, which is in the millions c.

I see... That potentially means we can have speed unrestricted matches between Persona and DC god tier characters... Hekeke

What about Aigis dodging lightning?

I might be wrong about this, and if i am, someone pls correct me, but doesn't this "can dodge natural lightning" in almost all persona profiles come from gameplay mechanics? If yes then it should be revised, as it gets contradicted (as the characters in the game sometimes dodge lightning, and sometimes get hit by them)

Dark warrior 100 said:
I might be wrong about this, and if i am, someone pls correct me, but doesn't this "can dodge natural lightning" in almost all persona profiles come from gameplay mechanics? If yes then it should be revised, as it gets contradicted (as the characters in the game sometimes dodge lightning, and sometimes get hit by them)
If dodging natural lightning is game mechanics, is it not dodging Big Bang Challenge or Morning Star also game mechanics? So why are the speed treatments different? I am curious.

Jasonsith said:
Dark warrior 100 said:
If dodging natural lightning is game mechanics, is it not dodging Big Bang Challenge or Morning Star also game mechanics? So why are the speed treatments different? I am curious.
Yes it is, so we should also revise them

If there is no valid explanation to why we consider this valid, it will at most scale only to attack speed, and not combat/reaction speed

1. MHS is a catchall for dodging Lightning generally. Lightning speed is roughly Mach 1200 but to get this speed, you need to dodge very quickly, iirc you have to be a meter away. 2. You are taking the name too literally dude. It is fantasy game and the big bang didnt start with a galaxy. There is also a calc somewhere for another attack that Ren does, the Morning Star. Iirc that was above 100 million times the speed of light. The Big Bang Order attack in game should be similarly as fast.

Just realise while looking at Ben 10 vs Green Lantern: (thanks to Shin @ Death Battle Wikia for the calculation while I just try to find the source of a proper Big Bang speed calculation source)

What I can find to support Big Bang speed calculatio

"the universe expanded by a factor of more than 10e50 in a time-scale of less than 10e-30 seconds"

Take our universe starts at 1 Planck length

10e50 Planck length = 1.7 lightyear

1.7 LY / 10e-30 seconds = 1.7 * 10^30 LY/s ~= 5.36112E+37 c ~= 53.6 undecillion c

That also means Persona 5 cast dodging Big Bang challenge should be clocked at such speed. RIP Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna and anyone slower than Persona Joker.

Now we need Ren Amamiya vs Ben Tennyson (Original)

Jasonsith said:
That first half does not apply to Persona Speed the way you think it is. First off, the Big Bang Challenge's name is largely symbolic. Two, even if it was an accurate name, the animation is not accurate to the actual big bang. IE: The BB Challenge animation showed a galaxy exploding; there were no galaxies at this point in cosmic inflation, hell stars didnt even exist. Finally, even if you ignored the above, the attack animation does not line to cosmic inflation whatsoever. So no, the calculation is not valid. Ren is already millions of times FTL thanks to Galaxy Explosion dodging and other attack animations. But yes we do need a Ren vs Ben matchup. Not only do their names practically rhyme, they are both Low 2-C. Probably would be a fun match lol.

Jasonsith said:
The attacks take place in a realm where "if you believe it's real, it's real" is the main logic. So all visuals, even the ones in attack animations, are considered equivalent to their real counterparts. That, and attack animations have been used as feats in many RPGs before now, like in FF.

Back