• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate and Megamind Rules! verse additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_Courne

He/Him
No way around it, the new Peacock stuff feels like a massive downgrade, but it at least gave us some new stuff to work with

Hax

Megamind got some new hax

Physical Hax

With Preptime

Speed

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Jason_Courne/Megamind_lightning_reaction_feats
  • Mach 73 to Mach 594
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Jason_Courne/Megamind_laser_feats
  • .09c to 1.04c
Speed rating should be adjusted to
or
Supersonic+ travel speed ( Walked from the Grand Canyon and back in roughly 50 minutes. Has outrun a dynamite explosion) with Massively Hypersonic reactions (Has dodged lightning. Comparable to Minion who dodged a "falling star" at the last second. Comparable to the Doom Syndicate, who could dodge lightning)

Megamind’s durability

Megamind can survive getting hit by Lady Doppler’s lightning. He should be comparable to Roxanne, who can also tank getting shocked by Lady Doppler when holographically disguised as Megamind.

Lightning feats:
It should be noted that for real electricity enduring a lightning strike usually doesn't require durability equal to the lightnings full energy. There are two reasons for that:

1. The lightning will usually take only a certain path through the body. Along that path there can be strong burns, but the rest can be largely unaffected.
  2. The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance.
Due to this, and possibly other factors, it is for example possible for humans to survive being hit by lightning, even though an average normal lightning contains approximately 1.6 billion Joules. The energy of secondary effects that lightning might cause, can in some cases fully apply on the other hand.

The lightning is shown and confirmed to be 100% storm lightning we are also shown the entire energy of the lightning discharging within Megamind's body, therefor Megamind's durability should be 8-C

Votes

Agree: @Javenplayz253, @DimeUhDozen (Believes electricity manipulation should be stamina instead), @CaveGamist, @Maverick_Zero_X (Disagrees with FTL, MHS is good)

Disagree: @Qawsedf234 (FTL speeds)

Last edited:
Metroman should massively scales above the FTL value too
Right, I probably should have mentioned this

I was planning on just merging his Super Speed key and base speed key as it doesn't make sense for the two to be separate (he doesn't activate a specific ability to make himself faster, he is just that fast in general), as such he would just get overall "At least FTL speed"

I sort of disagree with the Electricity resistance. We clearly see it affecting him negatively.

Instead, I would put it as a stamina feat, that he was able to get back up after its effects.

I sort of disagree with the Electricity resistance. We clearly see it affecting him negatively.
Yeah he got affected by it, but because he could walk it off, he would need some form of electricity resistance (even if limited)

But if it were to be switched to stamina, what level? Peak Human? Superhuman?

Yeah he got affected by it, but because he could walk it off, he would need some form of electricity resistance (even if limited)

But if it were to be switched to stamina, what level? Peak Human? Superhuman?
I was told this was just a stamina thing a while ago.

Probably superhuman alongside a lot of Megamind's other superhuman feats.

Just because it's called lightning doesn't mean that it is. Doesn't exactly seem to behave like it either.
Iirc, her powers come from controlling the weather, so it could be real lightning.

That doesn't really matter, forming a tiny storm in your hands doesn't mean lightning that comes from it has the same power (or speed) as real lightning. The ones that come from the sky, sure, but tanking lightning from the sky at ground level isn't 8-C either because most the electricity is dispersed.

Limited Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (Can withstand Lady Doppler’s lightning) either that or Superhuman stamina
If Megamind is able to get back up afterwards, this should be a full resistance

Disintegration isn't always deconstruction. A tier 7 explosion would be able to disintegrate matter, but we don't give deconstruction to every tier 7 attack. The scans do not mention what de-gravity and de-ep freeze can do. Gravity and ice are ok but the descriptions you gave don't match what the scan says, so just word it as ice and gravity manipulation via de-gravity and de-ep freeze

Time travel as well
Should be mind manipulation
Should regular humans have 8-C durability for surviving lightning as well?

Agree with the rest, except for speed

Lightning feats:
It should be noted that for real electricity enduring a lightning strike usually doesn't require durability equal to the lightnings full energy. There are two reasons for that:

1. The lightning will usually take only a certain path through the body. Along that path there can be strong burns, but the rest can be largely unaffected.
  2. The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance.
Due to this, and possibly other factors, it is for example possible for humans to survive being hit by lightning, even though an average normal lightning contains approximately 1.6 billion Joules. The energy of secondary effects that lightning might cause, can in some cases fully apply on the other hand.

Disintegration isn't always deconstruction. A tier 7 explosion would be able to disintegrate matter, but we don't give deconstruction to every tier 7 attack. The scans do not mention what de-gravity and de-ep freeze can do. Gravity and ice are ok but the descriptions you gave don't match what the scan says, so just word it as ice and gravity manipulation via de-gravity and de-ep freeze
Yeah, but the De-sintergrator is explicitly made to disintergrate stufff
Should be mind manipulation
Mind manipulation would be more so manipulating specific thoughts or ideas, the intelligence spray just straight up boosts intelligence and that's it
Should regular humans have 8-C durability for surviving lightning as well?
The difference is, most of the lightning get's discharged into the ground rather than physically staying within the body (also a natural lightning strike only lasts around 60 microseconsd)

That doesn't really matter, forming a tiny storm in your hands doesn't mean lightning that comes from it has the same power (or speed) as real lightning. The ones that come from the sky, sure, but tanking lightning from the sky at ground level isn't 8-C either because most the electricity is dispersed.
It shows Lady Doppler is literally manipulating actual storm lightning and blasting Megamind with it. Lightning would disperse into the ground, but with Megamind we see the energy disperse within his body

1. The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance.
Lightning DID discharge its entire energy within Megamind's body in this scenario though

Those lasers explode and move in capsules. I'm not sure if they qualify.
The lightning is shown and confirmed to be 100% storm lightning
How is it confirmed to be storm lightning? All the feats I've seen are just electric manipulation.

Those lasers explode and move in capsules. I'm not sure if they qualify.
Lasers exploding was actually removed from the standards page, as for qualities that support them being lasers, they are stated to be lasers, move in straight lines, and are focused through a glass lens
How is it confirmed to be storm lightning? All the feats I've seen are just electric manipulation.
Having weather powers and summoning massive storm clouds with her lightning

Lasers exploding was actually removed from the standards page, as for qualities that support them being lasers, they are stated to be lasers, move in straight lines, and are focused through a glass lens
Explosions are still considered a valid anti-showing
This is not a full list of qualities that can qualify/disqualify a feat as a true laser/light beam, but they are what is taken as basic by this wiki.
Exploding just isn't an automatic disqualifies, but is still a knock against it being real.

Being called a laser doesn't mean anything since it comes from an unrealistic source and the shape is also unrealistic. The fact the blast moves when someone is visibly effected by gravity is also a knock against it.

Having weather powers and summoning massive storm clouds with her lightning
I guess the second and fourth showings would count.

Explosions are still considered a valid anti-showing
Exploding just isn't an automatic disqualifies, but is still a knock against it being real.

Being called a laser doesn't mean anything since it comes from an unrealistic source and the shape is also unrealistic. The fact the blast moves when someone is visibly effected by gravity is also a knock against it.
If I remember correctly, there was a Staff thread a while ago that removed lasers exploding or having kinetic force as anti-criteria due to powerful enough lasers having both of those properties
It is actually similar to what a laser looks like when fired in a pulse rather than a continous beam

That would make it a 3:1 meets the criteria

It is actually similar to what a laser looks like when fired in a pulse rather than a continous beam
Yes, when recorded at 0.000000000001 seconds it's a pulse. In your video you see dust clouds and thing falling while it's moving, meaning the scene is not being watched at 0.000000000001 seconds.

If I remember correctly, there was a Staff thread a while ago that removed lasers exploding or having kinetic force as anti-criteria due to powerful enough lasers having both of those properties
Lasers have both, but they're in such vastly small quantities that the force they give doesn't amount to anything. A Gamma Ray Burst generates something like 10^20 Newtons per square meter as an example, which is Class E. A 8-C laser that Megamind scales to is producing like 5 Newtons of force which isn't enough to replicate anything that you're showing.

That would make it a 3:1 meets the criteria
It's like 2:3 against it. I'm completely against it being treated as SoL.

Yes, when recorded at 0.000000000001 seconds it's a pulse. In your video you see dust clouds and thing falling while it's moving, meaning the scene is not being watched at 0.000000000001 seconds.
Yes, it's recorded at 1 trillionth of a second because the speed of light is fast, and the distance is extremely small. That and the dust is being launched by particles moving at the speed of light, obviously it would move incredibly fast

Lasers have both, but they're in such vastly small quantities that the force they give doesn't amount to anything. A Gamma Ray Burst generates something like 10^20 Newtons per square meter as an example, which is Class E. A 8-C laser that Megamind scales to is producing like 5 Newtons of force which isn't enough to replicate anything that you're showing.
I think a gamma ray burst generates closer to 3e35 newtons of force (the formula for a laser's kinetic force is F = W/C), but that doesn't matter.

Megamind doesn't scale to the Laser Gauntlet at all, so it could be powerful enough to cause those explosions

It's like 2:3 against it. I'm completely against it being treated as SoL.
Except stuff like causing explosions are capable of being done by lasers, and I've shown the projectile form of the lasers are realistic

But I'll put you under disagreeing with FTL, so what are your thoughts on the other proposals (8-C durability and the ability additions)

Last edited:
There is not enough evidence to treat it as separate canon, no matter how low-quality.
It just being inconsistent with the original story and Megamind's origins? You're right about the quality but genuinely think that much like we do with separate profiles for characters at different parts of the timeline, Peacock Megamind isnt so farfetch'd

I'd imagine this series/movie is easily retconnable given how bad it was received when they wanna make a real Megamind 2 (and theres a clear demand for it)

I haven't watched the movie yet (not sure if I want to)but shouldn't his aalso be 8C as well if he's able to hurt others who can hurt him?Also those are some insane hax ngl.You can put me in agree

I disagree with the lasers being lightspeed for Qaw’s reasons, but the Lightning stuff seems fine to me.

Rest of the OP looks good.

This movie really does not hold up at all lol.

Everything here is fine, but based on the arguments I've read from above the MHS option should be more of a safer measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back