• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Dienomite

That is correct. Doesn't mean it's 4-D. In fact, one plot point in the novel is how everyone has it's own space-time. That's how the giant flesh wall can protect them from MiH's effects. Since it is a living thing, it has a conscience, and through that, it can bend time by thinking.

Essentially, it's justifying why in detective novels, the protag expends so much time thinking yet it only passes like a few seconds. Which is something many people forget when dealing with JORGE JOESTAR; it's a self-aware mystery novel. Almost a parody, but with a Jojo Theme. That's why I like it so much, in fact.

Edit: Just realized this should give limited time manipulation to Joji. Will search for the scans and everything.

A message from Iapitus:

I honeslty am Ok with this, with a few exceptions. Why are they losing their accausality and resistence to will power manip?

Also, Kars should get low Godly regen if he can regenerate from just a soul

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Because there is no mention that GER tried to attack DIO.
Kars can't regen from his soul.
my boi. GER is automatic. it doesn't even need to lift a finger to try to do its effects on you. Hell, it didn't life a finger against Diavolo until it was time to loop him. Saying that GER didn't lift a finger is like saying a telepath didn't lift a finger and therefore didn't try to mind hax. The fact that DIO tried to attack GER, means that GER would have used its powers on him.

didn't yall just pull up scans saying he can survive as a disembodied soul? Did he just find another Kars body lying around, and that's how he obtained a new body?

Walking Strawman said:
my boi. GER is automatic. it doesn't even need to lift a finger to try to do its effects on you. Hell, it didn't life a finger against Diavolo until it was time to loop him. Saying that GER didn't lift a finger is like saying a telepath didn't lift a finger and therefore didn't try to mind hax. The fact that DIO tried to attack GER, means that GER would have used its powers on him.

didn't yall just pull up scans saying he can survive as a disembodied soul? Did he just find another Kars body lying around, and that's how he obtained a new body?
yes and yes

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Show the scan that it works like that in the novel.
He did not survive as a disembodied soul, tho...
Actually, i believe our rules state that ther burden of proof lies on the person attampting to show it doesn't work that way, not the other way around, though I could be wrong. we're not assuming abilities previously shown have no correlation to previous feats, or at least not ignoring that possibility.

why would they work any differently? we scale their stats to the original stands, so unless the abilities are shown to be different then the abilities should scale as well

weekly provided scans of it earlier tho, did he not?

Yobobojojo said:
Actually, i believe our rules state that ther burden of proof lies on the person attampting to show it doesn't work that way, not the other way around, though I could be wrong. we're not assuming abilities previously shown have no correlation to previous feats, or at least not ignoring that possibility.
No. You can't prove a negative. Burden of proof is always on the person claiming that something is, rather than on the person claiming that something isn't.

But in this case the proof would have to go to why it doesn't work the same way as the canon versions.

^GER's two whole appearences in the entire novel. Where is it implied that it is automatic? Pucci managed to sped up time in front of him according to the narration.

And in the second one he just appeared and got strangled.

@Yobo

I was gathering the scans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before Giorno fixed the arrowhead, didn't he just have regular Gold Experience?

And also, I am glad that we got to GER now instead of earlier, having dealt with MiH. In the novel, Giorno had to cancel his death when MiH first activated in the original universe. Then, Giorno lost GER, regaining it in that set of scans because an arrow was supplied to him.

Notice how he had to cancel his death, instead of outright negating MIH passively.

Edit: That is correct, Ovens. He somehow lost requiem when cancelling his death.

its because the novel interprets GER as a temporary form that he must re activate. MiH only managed to speed up in front of him until he activayed requiem and sent Pucci isn't the Void

Walking Strawman said:
its because the novel interprets GER as a temporary form that he must re activate. MiH only managed to speed up in front of him until he activayed requiem and sent Pucci isn't the Void
1. The first point automatically calls into question why are we still using the manga to explain things in the novel.

2. This supports that GER isn't passive in the Novel.

Edit:

Expanding point number two, read the scans I posted before trying to refute them, please. GER was already there when Pucci accelerated right in front him and Giorno just went "I'm still faster" and muda'd him. Only the did the effects of MiH in the area disappeared. Once again, GER is not passive in the novel.

Alright, but from what I read above, the moment Giorno got GER, the fight was over. Wouldn't this back up infinite speed? And I need context of GER canceling death by MiH in order to know if it was passive or not.

Ok, I reread the scans above and the acceleration only stopped after GER punched Pucci. Within that time, Pucci got off an entire sentence, Giorno audibly said 'Useless', and Joji heard him. I can safely say that if GER had infinite speed, none of this would have happened.

Sir Ovens said:
Alright, but from what I read above, the moment Giorno got GER, the fight was over. Wouldn't this back up infinite speed? And I need context of GER canceling death by MiH in order to know if it was passive or not.
Said context, sadly, does not exists. GER just said to DIO that he cancelled his death. That's it. I posted the scans way above already.

And the fight was over when GER attacked, which happens only when MiH sped-up inside his already active effect of speeding up (Which negates GER's passiveness in the novel). Plus, we aren't debating infinite speed, we are debating passive effects.

Whoops, my bad. Though my point still stands (Heh). All the evidence points to GER not having passive willpower null and infinite speed.

Now having said willpower null active, and using it is a whole new story. Do you happen to have scans of GER's interaction with Dio and Kars, that show that he wasn't willpower nulling them?

That entire scan doesn't say if Giorno was willpower nulling or not though. Which begs the question, would Giorno, in a situation where his father was strangling him, use willpower null or not? We know it's not automatic, but him not using it here is either bad writing, or some serious CIS.

@Ovens

It is implied that Giorno didn't wanted to fight DIO, and it was also stated that he sacrificed himself to save George.

Ah, there we go. So no willpower null resistance. Got it.

There are however, some things I want to clear up.

1) Does Kars' feat of timestopping Dio's timestop exist?

2) Is Beyond really a 2-A God, and does Kars resist his fate manip?

3) Does Kars really U N D E R S T A N D?

Edit: By understand, I mean does he actually know things just by looking at them?

1. No

2. It is unknown, but there is no showing of Kars resisting that. I don't even remember Kars knowing about Beyond.

3. Already covered above.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, it's just that I want to be clear with this.

Does D4CU work the way it's written on his profile? Like, does it actually create new universes, instead of just travelling to them?

Also I just realized Medaka vs Kars can actually be a thing now. Praise Medakars.

Haha, don't worry.

And... Sorta? It's simply Joji speculating about it and Funny going all like "I didn't thought about it that way".

If the evidence is not concrete, then D4CU shouldn't be Low 2-C. Or we could just put 'Possibly Low 2-C (Joji speculated [Insert link here])'

And there goes Low 2-C D4CU. He's just speculating. There's no evidence of him actually creating new universes.

Oh and if you could post scans of every time Beyond is mentioned, or like when it's powers are explained, that would be great.

Beyond stuff it's a bit more difficult. Those scans I could gather rather easily because I sorta knew exactly where to find it. With Beyond is all scattered through out the novel. Never the less, I will try and gather the ones I do remember off the top of my head.

Back