• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aang content revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Kyoshi island feat actualy island level? I heard people trying to disprove it and no one defending it. Also where does Aang's mountain-level feat come from? It says something about putting out fires in the Earth Kingdom by raising water but I don't recall anything like that in the show.

Has anyone also considered his feats from the comics?

Kyoshi's island feat is by no means Island level ,i've already made a calc about a similar feat and the result is between Small City to City level ( see the calc here )

Aang did put out the fires in the Earth Kingdom but the fire benders only burned a small area so i really doupt the potency is anywhere near Mountain level.

I don't know about his comics feats.

Technically Avatar Kiyoshi actually used the Avatar state to split an island and that takes some skill.

Though just because Aang is a reincarnation of Kiyoshi technically I just don't see Aang as that powerful

@Notadeadguy the question here is not if aang can be powerscaled by Kyoshi ,the real question is if Kyoshi's feat is really that powerful

^^It was adult Kyoshi who performed the feat.I think it's safe to assume Adult Aang can perform similar feats (even if Kid aang can't) as the mechanism of Avatar reincarnaration pretty much confirms that all avatars should be close in power.

That aside I also question the feat being Island level. Doing a proper calculation is the safest course of action. The feat can be seen in this episode.

Okay. Thank you. Don't forget to rescale Korra as well afterwards.

Aang can be scaled to past lives, since he has the skill to perform all of the feats his past lives have performed. The Large Mountain/Small Island is somewhat appropiate for him as well since the Avatar State is depicted to have such force needed to set either in motion with ease. I actually would prefer a calc is done to measure the volcano feat, because at the moment, I'm guessing the energy needed to discharge that much lava from four sepearte volcanoes of that size with such speed is much higher than it seems. Even a small eruption, naturally occuring, can destroy a mountain.

Also in the scence, Roku says the skill to perform these feats are available to Aang, implying that with his position as the Avatar and his degree through the reincarnation cycle, those skills aren't available to any other single human character in that particular universe.

1.No one disagrees with the fact that Aang is scalable to his past lives

2.Only the strongest volcano eruptions are mountain level

3.I will try to calc these feats but my time and energy are limited so it will take me some time.

I still thinking that Aang having the same power as the previous avatars does not make sense, I mean, he gets the knowledge not the power

Is there a way to find its definite size? Like something Bryke said, or in one of the art books. Also, if it destroys the mountain, shouldn't it still be considered Mountain level, regardless of the magnitude of the eruption?

An eruption doesn't destroy the volcano ,just covers some area with lava and shoot ash ,debris ,hot rocks on the nearby area ( yeah i know worst description ever )

No. It deoends on the size of the mountain. A small mountain is usually calculated at town level or so.

It's usually accepted that kid Aang may not be able to perform those feats, but adult Aang will surely have mastery over the Avatar State in such a way that he can perform those feats.

I think the Avatar pages need some serious content revision. Some stuff is too high, too low or doesn't have enough evidence and the feats from comics and the (canon) Korra video game aren't included.

Anyway some Aang feats from the comic incldes:

- (Avatar state) Using Earthbending to make large trenches around a city . Might be multi-city-block or town level but I'm no expert.

- (Avatar state) One-shotted a war spirit with a Waterbending blast. The spirit was threatning to obliterate a small town so he might be around that level.

- (Avatar state) Aang could also fight the spirit one-on-one with his own giant earth armor and could knock him down with Airbending gusts

There might be more that I'm forgetting, but those are the ones I remember. There's also more comics coming out soon, some which I haven't read yet.

The Korra video game also has these feats for Korra:

- In non-Avatar state she took on three building-sized dark spirits at the same time and won (AP feat?). Could take hits from them (Dura feat).

- In non-Avatar state she took hits from building-sized mechs and even countered them (Dura feat). (In the show she defeated them but never took physical hits from them)

- Almost on par with Hundun while in non-Avatar state who did this (AP and Dura feats?). She stomped him in Avatar state later on.

There's probably more but that's what I can remember for now.

We should preferably scale from the largest feat, which is that of Kyoshi as far as I am aware.

Basilisk1995 said:
@Alpha149 Avatar's power comes from Raava. Raava is not getting weaker from avatat to avatar.

She gets actually stronger. She was really small when she fused with Wan, but by Korra's time, she was already human size.

I was also wondering these. Also, I wanted to ask why Top Tier characters aren't considered MHS in Avatar the Last Airbender. What reason do you guys have for not accepting them at that?

@WKS What are the calculations that supposrt MHS speeds?

@All Could somebody find scans that make it possible to approximate the scale of Kyoshi's feat please? That way I can ask the calculation group members to handle it.

Antvasima said:
@WKS What are the calculations that supposrt MHS speeds?
I don't know any exact calcs, but they lighting timed consistenty. Certain characters have the ability to redirect lightning and shoot lightning. They bend the natural elements and have even done it to lightning form the sky, while only starting to move when the lightning was near arms reach. Also, the lightning is shown to blitz anyone who isn't at least High Mid Tier and even had to be shown in Slow Motion at one point.

It is natural lightning, and they consistently outspeed and match it.

I'd also like to bring up Aang (or other Avatars) in the Avatar State

Avatar Roku explains to Aang that it is "The Avatar State is a defense mechanism, designed to empower you the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The Glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy into your body. In the Avatar State you are at your most powerful."

Does this validate the Avatar State empowering the Avatar based on EACH Avatar number? (1x for the second Avatar, etc)

No, probably not. The power source is the same (Raava), but the skill gradually goes higher.

Antvasima said:
No, probably not. The power source is the same (Raava), but the skill gradually goes higher.
Does that count for Aang being that we, the audience, and the Avatars like Aang himself were oblivious to this fact?

Raava also spoke of her and Vaatu were constantly "getting stronger" over time.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Wade
Which feats are you referring to, specifically? Because things like Iroh redirecting lightning were calced at Subsonic+.
This feat might be the one you are referring too, but he moved his entire arm while the lightning was on screen, and it was casual.

Here , Zuko doesn't even start moving until the lightning is VISIBLY near him. It's within a few meters at most, and he moves his entire arm up and takes a new stance.

During this fight , they had to show the feat in slow-mo. Zuko took several steps, then jumped, then moved his arms and redirected it after it started from several meters away. Also, he was preparing to aim dodge from a completely different position, so he was also not expecting this to happen.

I think there are more, but I will have to find them.

The first one is the only scene with natural lightning, and it was calced at subsonic+. If there are more with natural lightning that I don't know about, I would like to see them, though.

What is, exactly, the difference between natural and bending lightning, if both behaved in the same way?

@Aparajita It does count for Aang, yes, given that it is the same continuity and writers.

Regardless, given the sheer number of avatars, there should not be that much difference in power level between Kyoshi and Aang or Korra.

@WKS Well, somebody will have to calculate the feats. Also, I am not certain if the bending lightning travels at the same speed as natural lightning?

Kkapoios said:
Natural lightning =/= bending lighnting
Can you explain why? They both move vast distances in a less than a second and they have shown the ability to use the skill on natural lightning. Every other bending elimant works the same as it's natural counterpart, why would this be the exception?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The first one is the only scene with natural lightning, and it was calced at subsonic+. If there are more with natural lightning that I don't know about, I would like to see them, though.
Can I see that calc? And I am looking.

Antvasima said:
@WKS Well, somebody will have to calculate the feats. Also, I am not certain if the bending lightning travels at the same speed as natural lightning?
Zuko seemed pretty sure that he would redirect natural lightning, Pardon for shitty quality, and Iroh redirected natural lightning very casually. In fact, he was more worried about redirecting lightning later on than the natural lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back