• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Two Demon-Slaying Anime Boys With Big Swords

Guts vs Dante

8-A Guts vs at least 8-B Dante

Guts can enter Berserker state if pushed hard enough, this rule will be axed if it results in a stomp, but probably won't since Dante's got some good hax so plenty of wincons

Devil Trigger restricted cuz that obviously results in AP stomp

Speed equalized

Fight takes place atop Temen-ni-gru

This dante only hax is decons, royal guard, teleport and some broken fear manip while in majin form but that only comes out if he is pushed to death

Guts is like 2.5 times stronger (guts is 119 tons while dante is 48) but that probably won't matter cuz royal guard

Idk who is more skilled here so meh but guts has a massive lifting strenght compared to dante so he will probably ragdoll him if they clash blades. The soul hax is useless here as dante has a massive resistance but idk if the regen negg will work (I assume it won't since it comes hand to hand with the soul hax).

Stamina wise i guess guts has the advantage but dante's feats aren't anything to scoff at so I'll say they are even.

My vote is that Dante takes out more than he can dish and the regen keeps him in the game long enough to either use hax or survive at death's door and enter Majin trigger on instinct and just fear hax him into submission (not sure on this last part as there was a dmc downgraded but it was closed on the op being debunked but since i was away idk if something got taken out and I don't know how high is guts resistance or if he even has resistance without the armor)

Still there in their page

Technically nothing was nuked, since the thread was closed by force because the OP didn't give up about saying that DMC gameplay is non canon and refused to make a CTR like everyone asked him to do.

Last edited:
Dante should take this via greater versatility, more hax and Shin Majin form that happens when he was in death situations and also for Tony reasons.

Can't vote or really argue that much since it's my own thread, but I should mention that Dante probably (almost certainly imo) doesn't fear hax Guts into submission, given Guts' supernatural willpower, and as well Guts is having resistance to Empathic/Fear Manipulation added for resisting Femto's Empathic Manipulation Aura, which can be used to strike fear into his enemies.
Not to mention, if Guts is pushed hard enough, he can use Berserker Armor, so at that point it's Dante's Majin Form vs Berserker Guts in a race to see who can strike enough debilitating blows to kill the other first.

Can't vote or really argue that much since it's my own thread, but I should mention that Dante probably (almost certainly imo) doesn't fear hax Guts into submission, given Guts' supernatural willpower, and as well Guts is having resistance to Empathic/Fear Manipulation added for resisting Femto's Empathic Manipulation Aura, which can be used to strike fear into his enemies.
Not to mention, if Guts is pushed hard enough, he can use Berserker Armor, so at that point it's Dante's Majin Form vs Berserker Guts in a race to see who can strike enough debilitating blows to kill the other first.
how good is his resistance? scaling chain, numbers, anything.

Dante scales to fear haxing a demon into submission when demons are naturally immune to the presence of other demons (they presence causes fear and other stuff) and they are naturally resistant to the effects of the demon world (same thing that can and has corrupted the whole human world and the human world is our universe in context) so there is that, at the very least they resist stuff that mind *****/soul ***** the entire population of the world.

I don't know how much the armor amps guts nor do I have an exact number for the majin trigger but it literally fodderizes enemies on his level and should amp his ass like crazy (if the pseudo DT and real DT are something to go by)

Stomp for Cambrion Pizza Eating Avatar of Styles. Deconstruction is something Guts can't resist as said by others.

Actually, doesn't the deconstruction from his pistols only work when his opponent is dead?
No it was used to neg Gilver who was wearing impenetrable armour....just like Guts and his berserker armour....this exactly same situation......Dante has experience with this so he will immediately deconstruct....possibly even as openning move...

Actually, doesn't the deconstruction from his pistols only work when his opponent is dead?
nah, like someone said above he used it to bypass the bad guy's armor (that he couldn't damage prior to that) and he was being torn apart atom by atom while glaring daggers to Dante and being mad about dying to those human weapons

Yeah, Guts stands no chance here. Can be closed.
Dante won't start with it tho, it is likely it will be his last attack (before going Majin) and if Guts beats him up before he can transform he can win (Dante in 3 got beated up before entering it but DT awoke instead, anime dante was stomped so no chance to enter it, DMC5 Dante was one shot... twice, so no chance eiter).

The point is, if he can beat him before he enters it he wins (kinda hard with the resistances, hax and regen tho)

"Beats him up" nah I don't think so. He has instant Mid regen and no way to null it, I don't see how could he beat him up before Dante just makes swiss cheese out of his head. Pretty sure Dante is willing to use his pistols any time he needs to. If Guts tries to block the bullets with Dragon Slayer, it will be reduced to nothingness, and he will be left with nothing to fight with.

IMO there need to be a CRT to remove the Deconstruction. Looked at the source, and the summary is:

Gliver disarms Dante and sends his sword flying away -> Dante can't recover his sword and thinks the guns would be useless against the black armor so he tries to wrestle Gliver -> Gliver incapitates Dante with his shotgun and is about to kill Dante by stabbing out his heart -> Gliver accidently hits Dante's amulet -> Dante uses the opportunity to shoot Gliver with a hail of bullets -> Gliver underestimates the guns thinking that they are normal human guns but realizes that his armor would be useless against them before the bullets hit -> the bullets cracks Gliver's armor and pierces right through him -> Gliver's armor explode and Gliver observes that there is something weird in the bullets themselves and he sees flashes of Goldstein's and Grue's faces (sounds like a power of friendship asspull) -> Something within Gliver explodes and he is launched to the ceiling and black fluid gushes from his wounds caushing him to fall unconscious -> Dante attempts to question why Gliver looks like him and why he has a similar amulet but Gliver is already dead (beyond speech or hearing) -> Gliver's body begins to disintegrate until nothing is left

Pretty much, Dante's bullets became more powerful than normal for a vague/unknown reason, and Gliver's body started to disintegrate after his death. Not enough to reasonably claim that Dante's bullets cause disintegration.

how good is his resistance? scaling chain, numbers, anything.

Dante scales to fear haxing a demon into submission when demons are naturally immune to the presence of other demons (they presence causes fear and other stuff) and they are naturally resistant to the effects of the demon world (same thing that can and has corrupted the whole human world and the human world is our universe in context) so there is that, at the very least they resist stuff that mind *****/soul ***** the entire population of the world.

I don't know how much the armor amps guts nor do I have an exact number for the majin trigger but it literally fodderizes enemies on his level and should amp his ass like crazy (if the pseudo DT and real DT are something to go by)
Unaffected Femto's aura, which made a character with far more raw power than Guts basically piss himself in fear

But don't demons frequently disintegrate on death even when they're not killed by Ebony and Ivory?
Look at Beowulf.....even though he was killed by Vergil.....he remanined
Though there have been instances of devils disintegration like Gilgamesh iirc....or even Goliath....
Hmm its inconsistent 50:50
Take demons at end of DMC5 when Dante and Vergil are fighting and engage demons .....none of those demons disintegrate.....

IMO there need to be a CRT to remove the Deconstruction. Looked at the source, and the summary is:

Gliver disarms Dante and sends his sword flying away -> Dante can't recover his sword and thinks the guns would be useless against the black armor so he tries to wrestle Gliver -> Gliver incapitates Dante with his shotgun and is about to kill Dante by stabbing out his heart -> Gliver accidently hits Dante's amulet -> Dante uses the opportunity to shoot Gliver with a hail of bullets -> Gliver underestimates the guns thinking that they are normal human guns but realizes that his armor would be useless against them before the bullets hit -> the bullets cracks Gliver's armor and pierces right through him -> Gliver's armor explode and Gliver observes that there is something weird in the bullets themselves and he sees flashes of Goldstein's and Grue's faces (sounds like a power of friendship asspull) -> Something within Gliver explodes and he is launched to the ceiling and black fluid gushes from his wounds caushing him to fall unconscious -> Dante attempts to question why Gliver looks like him and why he has a similar amulet but Gliver is already dead (beyond speech or hearing) -> Gliver's body begins to disintegrate until nothing is left

Pretty much, Dante's bullets became more powerful than normal for a vague/unknown reason, and Gliver's body started to disintegrate after his death. Not enough to reasonably claim that Dante's bullets cause disintegration.
Actually there was a CRT to downgrade that.....and it was but some new evidence was braught in to save it.....will have to ask Mister6ame to explain again..

me: sees deconstruction being discussed again

oh for ***** sake, a crt trying to take that away was just closed a like 2 weeks ago

Gliver's armor explode and Gliver observes that there is something weird in the bullets themselves and he sees flashes of Goldstein's and Grue's faces (sounds like a power of friendship asspull)

I'm like 90% sure it was because he discarded the guns thinking of them as nothing less than human weapons and thus something unable to kill him but then that came to bit him in the ass and the flashback to Neil is because she made them and he killed her then did the thing

Dante attempts to question why Gliver looks like him and why he has a similar amulet but Gliver is already dead (beyond speech or hearing) -> Gliver's body begins to disintegrate until nothing is left

He wasn't dead, no, the novel says "But Gilver was beyond speech and possibly beyond hearing too", obviously telling you he wasn't dead yet his body was already dissipating and moments later he can still make a face full of hatred to a crawling Dante who is trying to get closer to him asking questions

Pretty much, Dante's bullets became more powerful than normal for a vague/unknown reason,

Uhmm, no, those things have always been more powerful than normal weapons, that was the whole point, designing a set of guns that Dante could use, literally made only for him and yet Tony was the one who finished the job as Neil hadn't finished them when Gilver killed her.

Look at Beowulf.....even though he was killed by Vergil.....he remanined
Though there have been instances of devils disintegration like Gilgamesh iirc....or even Goliath....
Hmm its inconsistent 50:50
Take demons at end of DMC5 when Dante and Vergil are fighting and engage demons .....none of those demons disintegrate.....
Demons die through all sort of different methods. For example, Bael is killed by a sword slash in cutscene and he transforms into ice before exploding. Beowulf's corpse remains in tact. Sanctus dies from his wounds and he disintegrates. Sometimes demons explode, etc.
Gliver is some sort of Mundus clone, and it is perfectly possible that his death scene is disintegration.

oh for ***** sake, a crt trying to take that away was just closed a like 2 weeks ago
And I recall that several people mentioned that it is thread consensus that deconstruction should be removed, but the thread got closed after it got derailed into a big argument about how we should assume all gameplay feats are non-canon.

I'm like 90% sure it was because he discarded the guns thinking of them as nothing less than human weapons and thus something unable to kill him but then that came to bit him in the ass and the flashback to Neil is because she made them and he killed her then did the thing
Dante also thought the guns are useless, and he used them (and multiple guns previously made by Goldstein) to kill demons before, so he has an idea of how powerful they are. Gliver also saw flashbacks of Grue; what does Grue has to do with making the guns?

He wasn't dead, no, the novel says "But Gilver was beyond speech and possibly beyond hearing too", obviously telling you he wasn't dead yet his body was already dissipating and moments later he can still make a face full of hatred to a crawling Dante who is trying to get closer to him asking questions
Moments later, his face remained twisted by hatred; nothing about him making faces. Though I acknowledge that it is ambiguous whether he is alive or dead, but even if he was alive this still does not demonstrate that the bullets cause deconstruction; near-death dissipation is possible as shown in other series and as shown by Sanctus' death.

Uhmm, no, those things have always been more powerful than normal weapons, that was the whole point, designing a set of guns that Dante could use, literally made only for him and yet Tony was the one who finished the job as Neil hadn't finished them when Gilver killed her.
Notice that I didn't say that they are as powerful as normal weapons, only that they became more powerful than normal for vague/unknown reasons involving Goldstein's and Grue's memories. Dante tried them out after Goldstein's death, and he thought that they would be useless against the armor.

Demons die through all sort of different methods. For example, Bael is killed by a sword slash in cutscene and he transforms into ice before exploding. Beowulf's corpse remains in tact. Sanctus dies from his wounds and he disintegrates. Sometimes demons explode, etc.
Gliver is some sort of Mundus clone, and it is perfectly possible that his death scene is disintegration.

And I recall that several people mentioned that it is thread consensus that deconstruction should be removed, but the thread got closed after it got derailed into a big argument about how we should assume all gameplay feats are non-canon.

Dante also thought the guns are useless, and he used them (and multiple guns previously made by Goldstein) to kill demons before, so he has an idea of how powerful they are. Gliver also saw flashbacks of Grue; what does Grue has to do with making the guns?

Moments later, his face remained twisted by hatred; nothing about him making faces. Though I acknowledge that it is ambiguous whether he is alive or dead, but even if he was alive this still does not demonstrate that the bullets cause deconstruction; near-death dissipation is possible as shown in other series and as shown by Sanctus' death.

Notice that I didn't say that they are as powerful as normal weapons, only that they became more powerful than normal for vague/unknown reasons involving Goldstein's and Grue's memories. Dante tried them out after Goldstein's death, and he thought that they would be useless against the armor.
Make a CRT.

Because Gilver has a demonic armor that stops everything he is trying to do, its easy to think the weapons wouldn't fair much better, another thing is that the previous weapons Neil had made where not like E&I, completly differente thing. Becuase he discarded the weapons as something human made that had no power, call it a "regret of the moment" thing

demons having different kinds of deaths

I tackled this one on the crt and debunked the notion of this being equal to Gilver's death

Moments later, his face remained twisted by hatred; nothing about him making faces. Though I acknowledge that it is ambiguous whether he is alive or dead, but even if he was alive this still does not demonstrate that the bullets cause deconstruction

True, I read that wrong, still the narration tells us that he is spitting blood just before he starts evaporating away which is a clear showing of him still being alive

The problem is that this is a supposition by Dante that the guns might not work against the armor and by you saying the became more powerful for some reasons, he never tried the guns against Gilver before and any demon he fought with it was killed with no effort, the supposition by him comes off from him being unable to do physical damage against him which is later shown to be incorrect

Back