• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Smallish Touhou CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Touhou is undergoing some pretty massive revisions right now, I figured I'd make an account here and try to add my own input. This is nothing too in depth, just various abilities I think should be added. Might do a more comprehensive CRT at some point if I find the time to do actual research beyond rereading a handful of things.

All Youkai (+Yuyuko and Youmu)
Every youkai should get resistance to illusions, as well as Yuyuko and Youmu. In the afterword of the Imperishable Night demo, ZUN states that youkai can see illusions.
The point about Imperishable Night is that there are humans, youkai and familiars (illusions). While the human is distracted by the familiar and can’t attack the enemy, the youkai watches that and says, “Well, you’re only a human.” While the human sees the youkai and thinks that they only see things in a simple manner. Since the Youkai are beings that cover everything in mist just because it hates sunlight, or collects all the spring just because it want see the cherry blossoms bloom. Of course they won’t look at the illusion that shoots out bullets, but aim for the enemy directly even if they need to dodge a few extra bullets.
Additionally, the prologue for Imperishable Night states that "all youkai" noticed the moon was unusual.
It was peaceful.
Or, it looked peaceful.
However, all youkai were upset.
What's really happening is that, without anyone taking notice, suddenly...
The full moon has disappeared from Gensokyo's night.
Even on the night of a supposed full moon, a bit of missing light prevents it from being full. It's no wonder that humans aren't aware of the situation, though; it's only the tiniest bit of difference.
Youmu and Yuyuko, despite not technically being classified as youkai, both noticed the moon was illusory.
"So, Lady Yuyuko's not aware of this?"

The most vivid and largest place in this quiet world. The Hakugyokurou.
Youmu Konpaku, a gardener, was pondering whether to tell her mistress about a most recent incident.
At that moment, she found her lady heading toward her. Good timing.

"Ah, Lady Yuyuko..."
"Youmu, are you still ignoring that?"
"Eh? ... What do you mean by 'that'?"
"What, you're not even aware of it?
That's why you're ragged about your dullness."

She doesn't remember being ragged, but it seems that her lady was aware of the trouble as well.

"So you were talking about the Moon? I am certainly aware of that.
You only said that, and so suddenly..."
"It looks like no one's taking action, so why don't you have a go, Youmu?"
"Ehh, why so?"
"Just kidding. You're too unreliable anyway.
That human we saw the other day was better... well, I will do it then."
"No way, please don't be such a meanie... I shall go too."
"I really meant what I said about unreliability, though."
Additionally, all youkai should get Empowerment under a full moon, as it is stated to increase their power (this doesn't apply to Youmu and Yuyuko).
image0.png

Yukari
Sleep Manipulation from being able to manipulate the boundary of asleep and awake, as well as cause sleepwalking:
You mean noctambulism?
That's my hobby too.

Hobby, eh...
It's a kind of syndrome.

No, not myself.
It's humans who get noctambulism.
With me manipulating the border between asleep and awake.
and Light Manipulation from being able to brighten a lamp to the point of causing Luna Child to pass out.
This time, she pointed her umbrella at the apex of the fluorescent lamp.

"You are the first…"

The fluorescent lamp in Luna's hands flickered with a pure white light. It looked as if the forest's light had concentrated in this fluorescent lamp. The whole forest flickered. Seeing this light, she somehow felt faint. Then, she parted with her consciousness.

Parsee
Should get Fear Manipulation, Plant Manipulation, and Fire Manipulation from some of her spell cards in Grimoire of Marisa.
A spell that hits you with the sheer panic of running from an unidentifiable monster.

She sprinkles the burnt ashes of... something, and flowers bloom in its wake. They bloom regardless of the season or the type of tree.

The flames of jealousy shooting out from the five-inch nails of spite are, ironically, quite brilliant.

Kogasa
Water Manipulation
from two of her spell cards in Grimoire of Usami.
Nope. This danmaku is too watery. I refuse to accept that you can make fireworks out of water.

The rainbow fireworks are water, huh? It started raining, and now I'm all soaked.

Rainbow fireworks are novel, simply beautiful, and get points for originality. However, it seems the danmaku sprays out water, so it started raining.

Ran
Statistics Amplification from one of her spell cards in Grimoire of Marisa.
A technique that dramatically raises one's physical capabilities, it seems. Has a very "now this is a youkai!" feel to it.

Chen
Sound Manipulation
from one of her spell cards in Grimoire of Marisa.
A Spell Card where she raises her arms to the sky and shouts in a weird voice, making her surroundings vibrate and sending all the dust that's been accumulating on various things fluttering around.

Tenshi
Statistics Amplification from this spell card in AoCF, and Fire Manipulation from one of her spell cards in Grimoire of Usami.
That idiot, she's shooting real magic bullets! If Reimu and Youmu hadn't stepped out to repel the bullets, this surface would be ash...

Oho, so you were holding something this fun?! Well, how about it, aren't you all bored of watching the meager danmaku of the trash on the surface?! Then leave it to me! I'll burn everything with the glory of celestial!
Empathic Manipulation from claiming her sword can drain emotions similarly to Kokoro.
You can take away emotions...
almost like my Sword of Hisou.

Narumi
Fire Manipulation from one of her spell cards in Grimoire of Usami.
Last time it was imitation flame, but this time it seems to be the real thing. Now she's done it.

Okay, think about this really, REALLY carefully. Shooting fire from the ground isn't surprising, that's the most orthodox firework there is!

The crowd went into a panic when fire suddenly shot up from the ground

Raiko
With the flames popping out at the same time as the impact, or the slow drums exploding, this is a pretty well thought out danmaku.

Shou
An odd spell card made up of a lattice of lasers and countless flames. I don't mind it.

Yoshika
Poison Manipulation
from one of her spell cards in Grimoire of Usami.
Get scratched by those claws and you'll contract a terrible poison. If not for that, this danmaku would be beautiful.

Marisa
Water Manipulation from being able to summon a hot spring underneath her house.
One of her recent great magic spells summoned a hot spring vein underneath her house to use as a floor-heating device.
And Cloth Manipulation from being able to summon clothes for Reimu in SSiB.

(Both of these could probably just be argued as summoning, but the fact that Marisa has a natural magical affinity towards water should at the very least make the hot spring feat legit.)

Last edited:
I feel like touhou based accounts are appearing quite frequently nowadays, not only that, the amount of touhou supporters these days are increasing, even though the verse is pretty much the same, nothing big, I mean it's a good thing...but it's kinda intriguing.

Anyway I agree, it's small but it's nice to have, also, what kinda "big revision" are you talking about because I don't remeber anything intriguing going on with Touhou.

I feel like touhou based accounts are appearing quite frequently nowadays, not only that, the amount of touhou supporters these days are increasing, even though the verse is pretty much the same, nothing big, I mean it's a good thing...but it's kinda intriguing.

Anyway I agree, it's small but it's nice to have, also, what kinda "big revision" are you talking about because I don't remeber anything intriguing going on with Touhou.
Oh I was just talking about doing another thread similar to this one, albeit doing a bit more research since everything shown here was mostly stuff i just remembered off the top of my head. Probably would bring up stuff related to Lotus Eaters and CDS since idk if either of them have been brought up on the wiki yet.

Oh I was just talking about doing another thread similar to this one, albeit doing a bit more research since everything shown here was mostly stuff i just remembered off the top of my head. Probably would bring up stuff related to Lotus Eaters and CDS since idk if either of them have been brought up on the wiki yet.
You're planning to make a massive CRT?

I was actually planning to make several small Touhou CRTs that gives some characters a few abilities that weren't added to their profiles yet, but it looks like I was late to the party. Everything presented here doesn't seem too controversial, so I agree. Speaking of yokai and the moon, I remember finding a scan that states that they get stronger during nights where the full moon is out, but I can't seem to find it so gimme some time.

Oh and I agree with all the changes.
Now I have to wait for two touhou threads to finish until I can do mine, reeeeeeeeeeee.

So is this enough to go ahead and make the changes? Haven't seen anyone disagree (unless the scan mentioning youkai drawing power from the moon was meant to disprove illusion resistance).

Slightly related to that, I've been rereading Lotus Eaters and it seems like there's even more evidence for illusion resistance, since only Reimu and Marisa are affected by Miyoi's passive illusion creation and everyone else at the shrine parties are unaffected.

So is this enough to go ahead and make the changes? Haven't seen anyone disagree (unless the scan mentioning youkai drawing power from the moon was meant to disprove illusion resistance).

Slightly related to that, I've been rereading Lotus Eaters and it seems like there's even more evidence for illusion resistance, since only Reimu and Marisa are affected by Miyoi's passive illusion creation and everyone else at the shrine parties are unaffected.
Need staff input

While we're waiting on the staff, how do I add myself to the supporters list for Touhou? Assuming that's something I'm allowed to do here

You can upload as many CRT as you want, you don't have to wait for anyone.
It would seem slightly exaggerating to be working in three touhou threads at the same time, though.

The ability downgrade one needs a proper conclusion and so does this one, I’m sure many staff are also busy so I’d rather release it properly another day.

It would seem slightly exaggerating to be working in three touhou threads at the same time, though.
Doesn't it sound cool to say you're able to work on 3 threads on the same time?
The ability downgrade one needs a proper conclusion and so does this one, I’m sure many staff are also busy so I’d rather release it properly another day.
The OP doesn't seem to respond to the replies anymore, he probably already gave up on the thread, we got to keep our TD2 and NEP2 basically.

I agree with everything.
Now that we are talking about Yuyuko, she should also need Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation, since in Yukari's profile it's stated that she weakened the border between Netherworld and Gensokyo to start her incident.
Maybe that could scale to her Death Manip, since the border of Netherworld is basically the border of life and death.
As soon as I can, I will provide that info.
Edit: Ok so, from Yukari's profile in Touhou wiki:
The next time she woke up, she received a request from Yuyuko asking her to restore the boundary between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It was a ridiculous request since Yuyuko was the one who weakened it to begin with, so Yukari rubbed the sleep from her eyes and set out for repairs.

Last edited:
Are you trying to upgrade characters that is able to break through otherworlds having conceptual manipulation?
I agree with everything.
Now that we are talking about Yuyuko, she should also need Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation, since in Yukari's profile it's stated that she weakened the border between Netherworld and Gensokyo to start her incident.
Maybe that could scale to her Death Manip, since the border of Netherworld is basically the border of life and death.
As soon as I can, I will provide that info.

"Breaking through otherworlds" was purely dimensional travel though, Hecatia is referring to how yuyuko weakened the border of life and death, ( I think the context is different from the concept being manipulated, was referring to like an actual border.)

Are you trying to upgrade characters that is able to break through otherworlds having conceptual manipulation?
Not at all. This case was because Yuyuko directly affected the boundary of the Netherworld.
However... now that you say that, Otherworlds are separated by boundaries between those world, so... 🤔
...Nah. I don't think they are affecting concepts by passing through boundaries(?

Is there anything stating or implying that the boundaries between Gensokyo and Otherworlds are conceptual? Not disagreeing, just curious.

Is there anything stating or implying that the boundaries between Gensokyo and Otherworlds are conceptual? Not disagreeing, just curious.
We have that they are, well, boundaries, and that most of these are dualities between concepts so those worlds can be separated each other.
For example, Hakurei Barrier was made from the boundary between outside and inside, among others, Netherworld's border is made up from the boundary between life and death, Moon Capital has its own more complex boundaries that separates it from other worlds, etc.
There's also Makai, which was stated by Reimu and Sanae to have more wild boundaries in it, or something like that.

We have that they are, well, boundaries, and that most of these are dualities between concepts so those worlds can be separated each other.
For example, Hakurei Barrier was made from the boundary between outside and inside, among others, Netherworld's border is made up from the boundary between life and death, Moon Capital has its own more complex boundaries that separates it from other worlds, etc.
There's also Makai, which was stated by Reimu and Sanae to have more wild boundaries in it, or something like that.
Alright, that makes a bit more sense. I'll admit I have very little knowledge about concept manipulation and the like so I'll take your word for it.

It could be the Physical Boundaries of the place, I don't remember PCB quite well.
I don't think so, because Netherworld is not directly/physically connected to Gensokyo as it is actually otherworld. And if it was physical ones, I don't see why does she will require for Yukari to repair it.

The barrier between life and death is essentially a giant door in the sky leading to the Netherworld, so in a sense it's a physical barrier. However, you can just fly over it to pass into the Netherworld, and Reimu completely destroyed it, so it wouldn't really make sense for it to just be a door.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't the barrier/boundary a gate?
Yes, but it might possibly be a conceptual boundary as well as a physical one. I'm not 100% sure because the dialogue in Reimu's PCB route is really vague about this, and the official profiles for Yuyuko and Yukari aren't much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back