• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...as in, to calc destruction?

Get volume via eyeballing the general shape (pixel scaling if an image is available) and multiply by appropriate destruction value. Generally, a whole wall segment will be a rectangular prism with potentially hollow pieces.

Interesting. I have something I'm interesting in calcing, but it may be a tad difficult.

Say, any reliable sources to find the energy to fragment materials, such as what Voltron used?

Calculations

We have (most) destruction values listed there. Wood can be found on the one link if you're referring to a wooden structure.

Trust me, if you're looking to get into calculations, read all of those and a lot of other calc blogs. That's how I learned boyo, and I'm no smarter than anyone else on this wiki (arguably dumber so yeet bois have at it)

Kek, alright. Thanks.

The feat I'm calcing is a tad bit irregular, as it shatters a flat roof and part of the walls around it. If I do calc it, it's unlikely to be exceptionally accurate.

Feel free to shoot me a message personally when/if you do it/need help boyo. Always happy to lend a hand even if it ain't a verse I know about/am fond of.

Alright, I'll hit you up when I get home and get the time.

Figuring out the materials used in fictional buildings can be awfully hard.

If it is an industrial building, generally concrete/cement.

If it is a house the same can be said though wood is also fairly common (my house is made of wood, for example).

Eyeballing it works.

It's probably concrete or cement, from the looks of it and how it seems to be broken.

Knowing that it's concrete or cement, the next hardest will be figuring out what volume is being broken off.

I can contact you now with some information if you want to look the feat over.

sure, best to take it off of this thread though.

How about we calc something like creating a hurricane/tornado? Like the actual energy one would generate by spinning hard enough or something?

Can anyone do a calc of violently fragmenting and vaporizing wooden barrels? We only have a calc of fragmenting one.

I think that DontTalkDT still has some exams to do, but you can make the corrections that he has already suggested in the meantime.

Mr. Bambu said:
That calc is filled with issues adressed by the very first comment on the blog, the scale of the tornado assumed for the calc is also far beyond the majority of fictional tornados so its useability is limited to characters explicitly creating a large-scale EF3 tornado.

I don't doubt it, we discussed it far earlier. But saying we can't have a somewhat golden standard for a Tornado would be false, in my eyes.

A lot of explosive firearms like the AT4 and SMAW have their base warheads uncalc'd, only having the justification that they can blow up cars and whatnot.

Should we delete the tornado profile page, and create a calculation page for it instead?

Antvasima said:
Should we delete the tornado profile page, and create a calculation page for it instead?
Since the calc members seem to agree with your notion, I don't see any problems with it.

Well, it seems easier if they rewrite the page from a profile to a calculation instruction, but it obviously has to be as accurate as possible.

Probably best to rework it rather than delete it. DT had a CRT up on it a while back I believe- the concept of change was accepted, the specifics of said change was not specified.

Basically, F3 as an assumption for a supernatural tornado is fine in general- rarely do fictional characters generate some small fling and F3 is where it becomes truly serious. However, the page itself needs to account for all of them. Additionally, the size of the suggested tornado is rather immense- it assumes a 1 km wide top and a 1 km height. The latter is not absurd, the former is.

I think that Mr. Bambu makes sense.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
But all tornadoes are different. There should be a standard tornado calc, but not a profile I think.
Varies is indeed a rating. They do vary heavily, and if the page must go then that's fine I suppose, but a standard calc is needed due to how common this feat of creating a tornado is.

Well, what I intended to suggest above is that the page should be rewritten so it turns into a calculation instruction with a list of standard size results instead.

You can ask DontTalkDT, Executor N0, Kepekley23, and Antoniofer for help if you wish.

Can you provide a link to your blog post?

2205 Joules is when they snap the victim's neck. Sometimes is results in decapitation because the victim gained weight in prison. But that's an unknown amount higher than 2205 Joules.

Well, even if we use for 300 kgs (which is alarmingly overweight and easily heavier than any person who got decapitated) the energy doesn't go past 8820.00 joules. As far as this particular method is concerned, decaps don't seem to go beyond 9-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back