• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A reality warper fights some arrogant blonde dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news for Gilgamesh is that he resists literally all of Calypso's lethal hax save for BFR.

The bad news for him is that Calypso has multiple ways to BFR him and is very, very likely to start off with them as per his IC behavior.

The other bad news for him is that Calypso being larger than Earth means he's floating in outer space, where Gil most likely can't even see him, much less attack him with anything except Enuma Elish.

This is going to be my Alamo moment. I can feel it.

I don't think I follow on the meaning of that metaphor. I know what the Alamo is but I don't know how this applies here

Maybe I should've referenced the Battle of Thermopylae instead...

[insert some heroic speech about "courage in the face of overwhelming odds" here]

Guy can teleport and time travel.

But yeah going for King's reasons here. Calypso takes this. Teleporting to dodge a powerful looking attack is always something that happens.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
"Can't see him"

Gil has SNI so he does see him and just uses Enuma Elish immediately.
I don't remember bloodlusting Gil.

Although I probably should to make it fair....

• Calypse teleports to avoid Gil's attack
  • Calypse is immediately hit by a dozen other attacks shooting out from portals from where SNI told Gil Calypse was going to be.
Also, BB has methods of BFR, and she either didn't use them against Gil, or they didn't work. And I'm pretty sure resistance to spatial manipulation includes resistance to forced teleportation.

@MrKing

It says on his profile he is mildy arrogant. Could you please prove he'd IC try to BFR him rather than try and Hax him?

Calypso is planet-sized so Gil can definietly see him. And he isn't floating in space. He has a ship he can use. Where exactly does this planet sized dude plan on teleporting to? Enuma Elish has planetary range and the dude is a size of one. Under SBA they're basically right next to eachother. If anything Calypso will have to spot Gil.

Also ^what Monarch said

Calypso's main method of "fighting" with people is BFRing them. Its definitely in-character for him to do. It just won't work

Oh yeah, she sent him to the horsehead nebula or something.

Ok, considering he could get back from that in a few minutes, what BFR methods does Calypse have that do not rely on sheer distance?

So...This is another battle of "who can fire first"?

Alright then.

Let's have a look at Enuma Elish:

Fate Extra CCC- Gilgamesh Noble Phantasm Enuma Elish (English Dubbed)-0
Fate Extra CCC- Gilgamesh Noble Phantasm Enuma Elish (English Dubbed)-0

After Gil stabs into the ground, the mother of all super-attacks begins to charge itself. He takes the time to monologue for a bit, then unleashes the attack once it's fully charged.
Now let's take a look at one of Calypso's BFRs (skip to 1:44 if the video doesn't do so automatically):

Twisted Metal (2012) Preacher's Cinematics And Ending
Twisted Metal (2012) Preacher's Cinematics And Ending

Calypso's eyes and body glow a deep red for a split-second before his would-be challenger simply disappears from his vicinity, allowing him to return to his work unimpeded. The victim is next seen in a castle's prison located in what's immediately revealed to be another dimension, viewable through a painting on Calypso's wall.
This also proves Calypso is fine with BFRing right off the bat. He is not a fighter. He would rather be rid of you than have you waste his time with a conflict.

But even without that, it's likely he would do so anyway, as it's one of his most common methods of screwing people over when they make their wishes.

Outside of the above clip, he has also been shown sending people into space (he won't do that here for obvious reasons), teleporting Sweet Tooth into a coffin underground, transporting Dollface to a distant airport runway, and sending Marcus Kane to a mental asylum.

EDIT: I got the living hell ninja'd out of me.

Yeah. Calypso doesn't really screw around when he knows someone might pose a threat.

@Monarch ty for the info.

@All

Gil getting Bfrd can be chalked up to her Hax>his resistance

If Calyptos spatial manipulation is on the same level as Enuma Elish (5-A) then Gil shound't be getting phased.

He can also trap you inside of random objects, and doesn't need them to be present/nearby in order to do so.

In Twisted Metal III, a man who wishes to be "on TV all the time" finds himself quite literally trapped inside of a television with no way out thanks to Calypso simply granting him his wish that way.

On another note, I'd also like some proof that spatial manipulation resistance gives resistance to being teleported, because I've never encountered that at any point since I've been here.

Just to correct one thing, Ea starts spinning, devouring space-time and cracking reality. It's dangerous even before he unleashes it.

The only thing I can remember is Gil coming to the Near Side, from the Far Side, which are two separate pocket dimensions, realities, whatever you want to call them. He did that despite Moon Cell's rules so I guess that's something.

Can someone address my above point that Kiara straight up as more potent Hax and Calypsos should be equal to Gils?

Yea the point is Kiara was someone on a completely differnt level. Of course her Hax would be far more potent. It's easier to assume Calypsos spatial manipulation is on par with Gils. Which.. Gil resists. PLus it helps that the lads listed under 5-A via RW so that backs up what I'm saying. So if he attempts a kind of standard BFR off the gate he's getting blasted and deded.

Since I'm a fair person, I'll answer your question if you or someone else answers mine. Earlier I asked for any sort of proof/confirmation that Gil's "resistance to spatial manipulation" somehow equates to "resistance to being teleported to a new place", since (as I said already) I have never seen that argument used once since I've been here. Teleportation is rarely considered a subset of spatial manipulation in most fictional works. It's not portrayed as "character forcibly manipulating distance". It's portrayed as "character disappearing from one place and reappearing in another".

This is similar to the misconception that illusion creation is a subset of mind manipulation. Under most circumstances, the details and mechanics are very different. (Although certain forms of one can overlap with the other)

So, just to check all bases, is there any direct instance of Gilgamesh resisting teleportation itself? Not resisting an increase in distance between himself and the opponent, but resisting being forcibly "disappeared and reappeared" at another person's will.

It derives from the fact that teleportation (forced or not) is based on spatial manipulation. At least that's how I see it. I assume Monarch is using the same logical conclusion.

Gilgamesh does claim that he came to the Far Side on his own free will, and not that the Moon Cell sent him there, even though he is such a problem to the Moon Cell. We could assume that the Moon Cell was unable to move him there forcibly.

Anyways, why wouldn't Gilgamesh simply return back to the battlefield and surprise Calypso with Enuma Elish? It's not like BFR will kill him.

Because to BFR isn't as simple as the "disappear then reappear" A person takes up space and you are manipulating their space to send them elsewhere. This is fiction yes so of course it's not so simple but Gil isn't getting touched by any other Hax aside from BFR and it sounds like he BFRs people to either a place far far away. or a pocket dimension Gil can escape. In both those scenarios Gil still has SNI so he'll charge Ea. Surprise Calypso and wham bam we having a planet for dinner!

The TL;DR is he can probably resist BFR on the off chance he can't it doesn't matter and in fact works in his favor.

Well, as far as BFR methods, I purposefully left out the ones I felt wouldn't work. Calypso can send others back in time, for example, but I'm almost certain Gil's time manip resistance would cut that short. Likewise, he has the power to shrink people down and teleport them onto a spit over a fire, but he's only ever done that once, and the shrinking would probably fail against Gil's resistance to matter manipulation.

Anyway, I suppose a fair point has been made. I'll concede and switch my vote and switch to Gilgamesh, then.

Well hold on a second. Shouldn't this be closed if Gil ca beat Calypto but Calypto can't beat Gil under any (shown) circumstances?

Actually, now that you mention it...

Yeah. Calypso's BFR was his only chance in this fight. Seems like a mismatch now. Sorry OP. I know you probably wanted this one to work out.

The calc we're using for his AP is linked on his page.

I don't think it matters much, though. Even if he did decide to swing on Gil (which, yeah, he isn't a character who fights people physically unless he outright has to), I highly doubt he'll be able to one-shot him, whereas I'm almost positive Enuma kills Calypo on-contact. And then there's Gil's other powers.

RIP demolition derby host.

Poor OP. This is the third unintentional stomp I've seen him create within the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back