• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a question about zamasu and a potential revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never understood the logic behind keeping soul zamasu at low 2-c and body+soul zamasu at 3-a

is it not common logic that if the soul itself is low 2-c, then that soul if contained in a body would still be low 2-c? infact soul added with body should be even more power than the soul alone itself

for eg. if the water is colourless and weighs a certain amount, then it doesn't matter if you keep it in any other container, it still will be colourless and would weigh at least that much if not more....

it does not make a logical sense that a soul will grow infinitely stronger if the body is destroyed, just like it does not make sense that android 17 would become infinitely stronger when exploding himself...

His soul fused with the universe after his body was destroyed, his physical self can't do that, he would also continue to take over other time lines according to Gowasu.

Read the explaination : "As stated by both Gowasu and Beerus, Zamasu, in this state, was becoming one with the universe and overriding its law and order. Additionally, he was even shown to be present in the main timeline and was affecting the present, implying he was actually affecting space-time as well".

Also, his Physical self is not his Soul, just because he has it, it doesn't mean he can use it in that way.

@fh

i know his soul fused with the universe n all, but the power of the soul is still low 2-c... the soul does not grow infinitely stronger like that, it means it was that strong from the beginning

No, he's not, he couldn't do that before because he had a body, he took over the time line because his body was destroyed.

That's also headcanon, we don't know if Zamasu's can't, he's not normal after all, he has immortality.

"we don't know if Zamasu's can't, he's not normal after all, he has immortality."

that is going against common logic. immortality has nothing to do with power

"He cast off his form as a god... and is trying to become justice and order itself", see he's completely different than his physical form, especially since he didn't have an entire time line in his being.

Zamasu might be superior to his soul, fine, but Infinite Zamasu is not just his soul, it's his soul + a time line, we even see this because he was spreading through them, that shows Zamasu's soul isn't a time line at first.

Zamasu's energy also wasn't spreading throughout time lines, so his energy has changed.

Also, that's not the point, the point is he fused with an entire time line, which never happened when he was in his physical form, which he did due to immortality.

"see he's completely different than his physical form."

well duh, that's his soul form

and again, if the water spreads into different directions, does that change the weight of the water? no

zamasu's soul in his body form was more focused into one point, the only thing which changed is that his soul began to flow like water after the container got destroyed.

That's not what i meant, also you didn't even address the other points (which included his energy being different to before) and just said that he's spreading like water, which is wrong, he's not just spreading throughout the time line, he was fusing with it.

Again, Zamasu's soul wasn't a time line in the first place, so it's not like water releasing from a container, it's like if the water tried to consume time lines.

and that would still mean that the water had the power to consume a universe from the beginning...water just doesn't become infinitely strong like that after getting out of the container...

His soul wasn't a time line, it had the ability to fuse with one, but it didn't, he only did so after his body was destroyed.

I'm done with this.

The Everlasting said:
It's not his soul, it's the physical embodiment of his will.
That sounds really stupid, I wonder how did the writers manage to come up with that.

The Everlasting said:
Legit, what's wrong with it?
They come up with it by literally just calling the thing "Zamasu's Will" in the official timeline.
Well:

1) Where did Zamasu's soul go? Did it stay embodied with its "will" and the universe, or did it go to hell or something?

2) How can somene die and just merge with the universe only because he has a strong enough will? Wqas it because his will was immortal? Not even his consciousness, just his will. And wouldn't his soul have his will, and not his body? There is a phisical will and an astral will now? It's weird.

The Everlasting said:
I think the simple answer is "You're thinking about it too hard".
But if I think about it too hard, when I die my nitpicks will merge with the Universe.

just to be clear, before someone accuses me, i am not trying to upgrade android 17 to low 2-C.

i am just giving an example of cherrypicking the logic used sometimes...and the second point of dmb1 still stands....his will got infinitely stronger after his body got destroyed? again not making any sense.

The Everlasting said:
Not making sense is not a valid reason.
"it absolutely has to make sense...we make sense of fiction"

these were the kind of words that were said by one of the admins in the android 17 thread...

but i digress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back