• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Question About Giant Monsters

So how are we gonna go about getting this fixed? Should we find everyone who is rated like this or...?

Despite the fact that you made the thread, you seem to heavily go off topic talking about SAO lol.

Anyways, I guess I agree with what Matt said: "A giant monster being 8-A by the sheer act of running at the minimum average speed a humanoid of its size would have is 100% justifiable."

Because that's the first verse of the top of my head that would be greatly affected by this as a whole, Bloodborne has other Building level feats, and Tatsumi is no longer High 8-C for this kind of feat.

SAO's problem is more that they seem to exaggerate the size of the monsters than anything. It's not like this, where the Titan is blatantly larger than the surrounding mountains.

Apparently the GeoCrawler's is described as being 'the height of a one-story house and is many times longer'.

I think characters fighting and defeating giant monsters should be judged based on case by case basis. If a character is this strong or this fast via sheer size, and the character physically over powers the monster; it's justifiable. But if the monster were defeated do to having some kind of strange weakness or having a weak spot, then maybe not.

Logically it should be as Dark above said a case by case basis. You need to find more evidence on the monster before assuming based on its size alone. we know full well a lot of antagonists can destroy far more than their size/mass and the reverse may be true, larger monsters may be lighter or weaker than we would typically assume.

Also, a living monster is not necesserily solid and may, if a lot like our own large creatures mostly water based. Their not made of some hard material (unless proven otherwise) due to limitations of weight and density on flesh and energy use etc.

My two cents, find the feats and facts of the monster and calculate/determine logically from actual information. You can suggest that its size "may/possibly" be a determination but its hard to do based on that alone.

We need some sort of way of finding approximate AP according to one's size. It'll make these feats a lot more quantifiable instead of just eyeballing.

Well, DontTalk, Gwynbleiddd, and Lina Shields used to write those sort of instruction pages for us, but they have all left the wiki.

However, you could talk with the other calc group members about it in your own forum, if you wish.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this one then?

I have a question, what started this discussion was the calculation made by Gwynbleidd regarding the cutting power of that little girl against the giant fish. My question is, has the calculation been accepted as corrrect? I briefly took a look at it and I'm wondering why he used the ultimate tensile strength of a human to measure the tensile strength of that monster fish.

Unless I'm misinterpreting what he meant, human tensile strength is an awfully weak measure to be used on something that big. Biologically you have to take into account that the larger a creature is the denser it becomes (this means everything, tissue, bone) so that it doesn't collapse under it's own weight. Even when calculating a giant in the shape of a human, you can't simply scale to volume.

One thing that needs to be noted is that SLICING a giant monster in two will generally take less energy than say, blasting a fatal hole through it.

As you increase the height of a monster, the energy required for the first will scale quadratically, while the second will scale cubicly.

Back