• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Branes [Comics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say a scan says something like " No more Boundaries .Or as Quantum Physicists like to call Branes ---- between the Dimensions "

Then another says " All the dimensions are crashing into one " , and there are an infinite number of dimensions in said series . Would both the destroying every brane on every level ... Would this be a higher-dimensional feat [ High 1-B ] or 2-A feat ?

Probably 2-A. Universal branes are 4-dimensional.

It depends on if it contradicts something else.

May i ask specifically what it contradicts ? If you didn't notice already, it's a marvel feat for one of the characters in the thread Matt agreed to look over.

I would need the full context. I haven't checked over your thread, since I am way too overworked to have the time and energy to evaluate your longer posts anymore.

Hmm... OK. I understand... Let me summarize it

- Meggan has a prophetic dream that everything that is was or ever will be will be destroyed.

- Otherworld is destroyed

- The branes between all the dimensions were destroyed. No statements of them being universal branes.

- Then the Wave forced all said dimensions into one.

- That's it in a nutshell. I figured it was High 1-B unless specifically stated in that scan to be universal branes, since regular branes are separating the higher dimensions according to wikipedia and various other sources.

I need some scans please, but as far as I have been informed, brane is a scientific term for universal continuums stacked on top of each other in a multiverse.

As much as I appreciate Azathoth, he is not well informed about Marvel, and I still need scans, especially if you are simply talking about the Scarlet Witch and House of M, in which she rewrote a single universe, which caused ripples that threatened other universes, but it makes no sense whatsoever for a 4-D feat to cause Infinite-D effects. It seems more like standard Claremont dramatic hyperbole.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Azzy told me the feat is High 1-B as long as it isn't contradicted.
I told you what a hypothetical feat was based on what you told me. I did not analyze any actual panels or feats.

Which one ? If you want scans to prove Otherworld or things within it High 1-B damages or has High 1-B feats ... I have so many " Every plane of reality " scans/feats ... Like 6 of those things. It's not like Uatu or the Celestials or anything.

If u want the scans for proving it had such an effect... I already posted them in the thread. I can link them here.

However, I am uncertain as to which question you want answered first ... Please clarify..

You said the feat both said there were no more boundaries between dimensions and that all of them were crashing into one another.

I said that if the feat explicitly involves infinite dimensions and is not contradicted, that is High 1-B.

The important thing here is that the feat actually has to involve infinite dimensions.

These were my exact responses.

"It would be High 1-B if there were confirmed to be infinite dimensions and it was confirmed to be referring to said dimensions, yes."

"If the higher-dimensions are directly referred to as infinite within the comic and it's uncontradicted."

You can link the scans for this particular feat.

However, the problem with when you try to involve us in your attempts to find absolute coherence within tens of thousands of Marvel stories, written by hundreds of different writers with completely different perceptions, is that most of said writers tend to simply perceive the multiverse as a 2-A collection of alternate universes.

They are not familiar with, nor do they particularly understand, higher-dimensional geometry. Hence, statements such as "all there is could be destroyed" are commonplace, but usually mean either a simple universe or a collection of them of undetermined size.

I have attempted to explain this over and over and over to you, but given that you do not have your autism under control yet, your pattern recognition and unfiltered stream-of-consciousness have run away with you (I am speaking from experience here) and make you unable to understand, which is repeatedly acting as a massive time sink for our staff members.

Not questioning you, you are 100% right. But... If that's the case, how come feats such as the highest plane of existence, every level of reality ( I have been to threads that stated it is High 1-B, when I didn't see any sort of implications the comics said was infinite, just implied ) and many more concerning Marvel were treated as High 1-B on this site w/o any sort of implications of infinite levels. Is it safe for it ( all/every plane dimension level ) be implied to be infinite levels/planes/dimensions as long as nothing contradicts it then ?

Because, despite that I know more about Marvel Comics, Matthew is better at arguing than I am, or at least when I am distracted by lots of other different tasks at the same time, and I was outvoted by the rest of the staff when I wanted to give the Marvel cosmic entities variable tiers to accommodate the difference in standards between different writers.

I understand and sympathize with you. That is what I am hoping to do with the cosmic entities , along with the 3 characters in that thread. That is simply why i did this, to ptove the characters i have in that thread deserve the varying tier as well . Your statement only proves my point. So you don't have to go yhtough my plethora of scans... Here's the main argument ( scans will be provided if need be ) :

- Captain Britain's Omniverse contains every plane of reality, which is supposedly High 1-B. This is supported very explicitly by 6-7 scans . I can and will provide scans for this once you want to.

- Franklin was stated on panel to be a threat to the Omniverse of Captain Britain, then confirmed to have the power to end the Multiverse in a Captain Britain Handbook.

- Roma, whose job is to look at every plane of reality, and like Merlyn viewed the Omniverse ( supposedly High 1-B ) as nothing but a game , views Franklin as too powerful to ignore from a casual cry he made without even realizing it. His cry even reached Roma, who was in the Citadel, which is outside the Multiverse and meant his casual cry was capable of sweeping through all of creation ( every plane of reality in Captain Britain ) and even beyond ( Otherworld ) .

- Uatu implies post-Abraxas, near the end, that FR is the a threat to the Boundless Multiverse. This make sense considering his portrayal there in said comics. Captain Britain connects to Abraxas Arc.

That is how Franklin should get the varying tier. I hope that was simple and not a headache. The reason I am so determined is because of the inconsistencies. If it wasn't inconsistent, I would agree with just 2-A. Because of it... I just cannot 100% agree with you ( doesn't mean I don't agree at all, hence varying tier ) .

We cannot scale from whenever some writer uses the word "omniverse" either. It has just as variable interpretations as the word multiverse, and is recurrently used as massive hyperbole for dramatic effect. Within Alan Moore's Captain Britain stories it has also simply been used as a name for the universes patrolled by Roma, Saturnyne, and the Captain Britain Corps, which are comparatively few in number, given the very limited number of corpsmen.

Also, the embodiments of the multiverse and characters that have proven capable of beating them, can logically be inferred to be infinite-dimensional at their peaks, from the fact that that this has been the greatest definition of the Marvel multiverse from a small number of writers.

Franklin on the other hand is defined by his universal feats. I would suggest that you try to let go of your obsession with the character.

Omniverse and Multiverse are the exact same thing firstly . I don't understand that in those comics, Omniverse = Everything in those comics, not all reality and fiction. For instance, we stated before that it was an infinite number of universes on Jasper's profile . Now it's every plane of reality, which we have always treated as High 1-B here... Including by Matthew, who is not here so I am unsure if his mind was changed . BTW, both Omniverse and Multiverse in Captain Britain's comic were stated to contain every plane of reality, meaning it's the same thing and therefore we can use Multiverse, not Omniverse here if you don't like the word that much.

Secondly, yes they are. They are all on Otherworld, which connects to every plane as stated in the scans. Do you even know what it means ? It doesn't mean they have people on all those building on every plane of existence. They used the matrix to give Roma power over all the planes of reality using the Matrix. She still had that level of power w/o it though.. Which is strange .

They differentiate from " every plane in reality " and " alternate universes" . They are not viewed in the same light. It's one of the reasons why the varying tier would work : Considering it " every plane of reality " can literally be either one . That's my point.

Well, my problem is that you are trying to find absolute coherence between different writers and eras with very different standards, and taking every single unproven melodramatic hyperbole statement absolutely literally.

I also do not have any more time and energy to spend on dealing with you in general, so I hope that you keep you promise and permanently stop bothering us about Marvel after your current two threads. It is not going to accomplish anything orher than make me and Matthew even more exhausted than previously.

I'm not obsessed with Franklin. He may be defined by those stats ( Stated to be a Universal Shaper, which is honestly just a title, like Roma , not a limitation ) , but he is constantly on a completely different level then Low 2-C or Universal Level. Inconsistencies caused him to be far higher than Low 2-C.... Then his inconsistencies got worse considering his encounter with Roma and beyond. Other than the Celestials,Beyonders',or his beginnings, name one statement that is universal. He had more Multiverse scaling + statements than actual universal feats. Even the official marvel website views Franklin as one of the strongest in existence... One of the strongest in "existence" isn't just Universal ant... That's literally the bottom of the barrel Marvel wise..

Ant... There is still a reason you want variable tiers... Because it can be implied they are also weaker than High 1-B ( 2-A ) just by a few writers . If at least a few writers, other than 1 or 2 depict them higher ( High 1-B ) then it is variable. Franklin is the same way. I already provided some writers view him a different way han just Low 2-C.

ALow 2-C cannot get Roma's attention and be too powerful to ignore just via her status alone . A Low 2-C character cannot harm a Boundless Multiverse ( Abraxas Arc ) . A Low 2-C character cannot be a threat to said Multiverse. A Low 2-C character cannot stop the Revision Wave. A low 2-C cannot be stated twice to be able to destroy a Multiverse that has every plane of reality. They wouldn't even get pass the first plane. A Low 2-C character cannot be stated as one of the most powerful in existence with most cosmic characters in marvel who matter are far stronger than Low 2-C . A Low 2-C character cannot scare Galactus power wise , A Low 2-C/Universal Shaper character can't even be comparable to the Celestials ( So many times were stated at Multiversal levels , the most being Future Foundation and Ultimates, comics canon to said Low 2-C , if he was Low 2-C, the Cosmic Cubes would stomp him because of far higher levels of Low 2-C, then the Celestials would murderstomp him ) , Since Ultimates Eternity was implied High 1-B via Matthew's reasoning involving the Crossroads of Infinity , A Low 2-C character creating universes at a time cannot create something like that , and quite a few more. If all these different set of writers portray him differently than Low 2-C.... and even 2-A based on Captain Britain and Abraxas arc, i personally feel they deserve equal treatment... As long as we give ample reasoning for it.

I do not mind upgrading Franklin if Matthew makes an evaluation first, but find your High 1-B interpretation to be completely unreasonable.

Anyway, it is Christmas for me, and I am extremely overworked with other tasks. As such, I will close this thread now, and would recommend that you strictly present scans that you find to Matthew in the future, without any additional comments/wild interpretations from yourself whatsoever, because you are currently likely the biggest individual waste of our time in the entire wiki, and you constantly completely refuse our instructions to leave things be until Matthew gets the time to continue with his Marvel revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back