• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about black holes feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
I was wondering, the page about this topic says that only the mass of the black hole matters for the purpose of the AP, but does it work for 4-B and 4-A? Because in the case of those tiers, nearly all the energy required isn't used to actually destroy the celestial objects, but rather to grant the AoE necessary. So, warping a black hole of, let's say, 100 solar masses is a 4-A feat or do you need to exhibit the necessary AoE as well?

Well, we have an entire page on Black Hole feats in fictio, so I recommend checking this out first.

That said, we only use the mass of the black hole since it's physically impossible to spontaneously create or destroy a black hole to the best of my knowledge, and the force used to pulled a part a planet is negligible given the fact that the tidal forces within a black hole approach infinity.

The page doesn't mention this particular case, so I wanted to be sure, because I need it for a revision

Creating a black hole can count as AP. Affecting it in ways that are impossible according to the laws of physics, can not.

A black hole with several thousands of solar masses would count as 4-A? I'm not sure

I think that it would only be High 4-C in terms of pure mass, but given that it can affect much greater distances, I am not sure how to rate it. Sorry.

If I am not mistaken, black holes feats use mass-energy to qualify.

If I am not mistaken the energy formula as a function of the radius is: Radius(m) x 1.8e+44.

Energy for 4-A is 2.25e+57 Joules. Then the radius that the black hole must have to be 4-A is 1.25e+13 meters, or 11.5 Light hours (And have 8.418350e+39 kg).

@Executor N0: Nah, we don't use mass energy for black holes.

To the thread topic: For black holes with a lot more mass than the sun I would think, that a black hole with x times the mass gets x times the Star level ranking.

So creating a black hole with 1000 times the mass of the sun would probably be ranked as if it were 1000*6.276x1041J = 6.276e44 J

So High 4-C.

Of course not a perfect system, but that there isn't such a thing is a general problem in regards to reality warping celestial objects into existence.

the thing that confuses me is the following. If a character created a black hole as massive as the Solar System it would be 4-B, right? While a character who creates a black hole 1000 times more massive than the Sun would be High 4-C. The problem is, this second black hole is way more massive than the second one (999 times more massive, as the Sun compose 99,9% of the total mass of the Solar System) but the second character is rated lower

Well, solar system level is generally treated as a matter of reach in terms of an omnidirectional energy discharge.

More mass than the solar system doesn't mean solar system level, though.

The definition of solar system level energy is the energy that is necessary to destroy a solar system in an omnidirectional explosion. So that is largely unrelated to the solar systems mass.

Essentially you could put 5 more massive planets into our solar system and destroying it would still be the same value.

So the answer to that would be that a black hole with more mass than the solar system wouldn't be 4-B, but actually just 4-C. Just like destroying stars with more mass than our solar system (many have that much) is often just 4-C.

(Creating a black hole the size of the solar system happens to be 4-B, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back