• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A powerful pirate vs a peaceful butterfly

Hmmm, do you think Luffy would be tricked by it's appearance? Also, Butterfree is capable of sleep, stun, and poison attacks. Although Luffy has a resistance to Poison I think.

The real cal howard said:
Didn't Luffy nearly die to poison like, this current arc?
Maybe I'm wrong. I thought because of his experience with Magellan he was said to have poison resistance. Then he ate a poisonous fish I think, so...

This is Baroque works Saga Luffy right?

Luffy in that saga wouldnt have posion resistance. He only gained that abillity after fighting Magellan in impel down Arc.

Im giving it to Butterfree due to being More versitile and haxed.

The man with the Midas touch said:
This is Baroque works Saga Luffy right?
Luffy in that saga wouldnt have posion resistance. He only gained that abillity after fighting Magellan in impel down Arc.

Im giving it to Butterfree due to being More versitile and haxed.
Ah, that makes sense then. If it's Baroque Works Luffy I think Butterfree due to abilities Luffy wil have trouble handling.

I don't think Luffy would initially take Butterfree all that serious because c'mon, it's a butterfly of all things. Because of that, a serious Butterfree could get the drop on Luffy with it's surprisingly versatile hax pool like Poison and Sleep Manipulation

The real cal howard said:
Didn't Luffy nearly die to poison like, this current arc? From bad fish no less?
That poison would insta kill anyone else, it only incapacitated Luffy, he's resistant not immune

A.) What Tier Is Luffy?

B.) @Frozone

He has shown resistance to pretty harsh poisons to an extent. But it's debateable if Butterfree's poison is on the same level per se Magallean or Ceaser's toxic attacks.

Anonimoe7875 said:
Actually OP didn't specified which version was so by Standard Battle Assumptions the Luffy being used is the strongest one/Large island level
Common sense dictates we're not using that form, though. We really need to reword that rule so people don't jump to these kind of conclusions, because it's getting kind of annoying.

Back