• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pica Revision! Again!

He beat base Pica when overcoming his Haki sure.

Unless you're unironically advocating for a calc to override another when your context is wrong? Pica doesnt scale to the durability here M3X, you're flat out wrong if that's your presumption

Eminiteable said:
Wasn't Pica moving to destroy something when he was cut by Zoro? and as such had his KE stopped.
No. Pica was standing still.

I am ignoring the 7-A because it is useless. Damage a 6-C character is a 6-C feat indepedent of the result of the calculation. You didn't give a reason for why Pica wouldn't scale by the way.

M3X, I don't understand what you mean. We already had a full revision thread discussing how Pica doesn't scale.

Regardless of calculations, the golem can support its own KE so its durability is 6-C. Zoro cuts it in half (and in several pieces) then he is 6-C as well. Say that it cannot have this durability because it is made of stones is the same to claim that Luffy cannot have High 7-A durability because his body is made of rubber.

@Ryuga21, that's a laughably bad comparison because Luffy's body isn't made of rubber, he just has some properties of rubber.

Supporting its own weight doesn't mean the stone magically becomes more durable when it is being manipulated into a different shape. We shouldn't be assuming that kind if thing based on a calc that is made with assumptions.

Picas motion halts because the stone that was moving is cut off from his ability, Zoro did not physically counter the KE.

These revisions keep circling the same tired points and lack of context, it's getting a bit asinine

Fortunately, people agreeing doesn't make them correct when they're ignoring an accepted CRT that precludes these foolish attempts to inaccurately upgrade Pica

Eminiteable said:
The stone that was moving did get halted and was forced upwards into the air.
Yes, and that has been calced at 7-A.

The stone's durability didn't magically increase, Pica was gliding through the ground by being attached to it still and therefore the stone doesn't have 6-C durability.

This is ludicrous, really

The Calaca said:
I don't care about this. The last time we discussed about Pica I had a mental breakdown so I'm not interested in arguing about this anymore.
If for no other reaosn than @Cal's sanity :S

Perhaps it would be wise to hear damage out and come to an agreement? It seems as though when his points are ignored and upgrades are applied they are undone later once evidence is brought up. Ie current drop from 6B for most characters.

Count how many staff members have agreed with this upgrade.

@Rex the same also happens with the downgrades and then upgrades happening right after. This is why we have multiple staff members to evaluate things.

I have no clue why people are trying to rush this through when they're objectively wrong due to accepted wiki information.

A CRT that was accepted stands as Pica not scaling to his Devil Fruit whatsoever.

Everything in this thread relies upon people scaling to Pica's physicals, which would only be an upgrade if Pica scaled to this calc, which he does not

Zoro's only interaction with said golem in the OP has an explicit Tier 7-A accepted calc. No amount of further context can alter that.

Seriously, people trying to rush things through that they KNOW will get reverted at a later date is just a waste of staff time

Dr.Fix said:
PlumCrayfish376 said:
So… most is in agreement with the OP except for Damage and Xulrev
Correct. I think @Ant should apply the change and close the thread at this point.
You have to actually prove that the 7-A characters in One Piece scale to this 6-C+ calc.

It's not just Xulrev and I. Tetsucabrah doesn't agree with this scaling to the other Doflamingo officers either.

AstralKing7 said:
Count how many staff members have agreed with this upgrade.
Staff members agreeing that the calc is not an outlier is not the same thing as staff members being okay with upgrading every character.

I'm fine with characters that are explicitly stronger than Pica scaling to this, but not anyone else.

Being the same rank or superior rank to someone has never been used to scale them. Otherwise the Boros generals would all scale to Geryuganshoop and the cadres would all scale to Gouketsu.

Can anyone really argue in good faith that 6-C Robin is legit?

I agree with Tetsucabra. There is no good reason for why we should think that the admirals and similar do not have greater raw power than Pica.

Also, going by the Stampede movie, characters with this kind of ability infuse their constructs with haki, so Zoro should have overcome Pica's full power, and I think that we have scaled swordsmen to the characters they cut in the case of Bleach. Still, I agree that this is less reliable reasoning.

> I agree with Tetsucabra. There is no good reason for why we should think that the admirals and similar do not have greater raw power than Pica.

I don't quite think that's how the burden of proof should work here. We don't start with the assumptions that the Admirals are more powerful than this calc and look for reasons why it should not be the case.

You should be presenting reasons for why the Admirals, or anyone else, should be scaling to this calc.

If the argument is "I just can't believe the Admirals could be rated lower than this other character" then that's a fallacious argument.

It isn't. A raw power hierarchy is largely how One Piece fundamentally works, and High 6-C is a bare minimum for their power levels considering that the Yonkou are 6-B.

> A raw power hierarchy is largely how One Piece fundamentally works, and High 6-C is a bare minimum for their power levels considering that the Yonkou are 6-B.

I don't understand this. If that were true, why wouldn't the Admirals be rated that highly even before this calc came up?

@Damage

Because the lowest minimum feat to scale from was rated lower.

@TGOP

I cannot do everything, and also have a glitch that recurrently removes my notifications if I visit message walls.

Feel free to tell The Calaca that I would appreciate his help as well.

@Antvasima; the difference being that the Admirals actually scaled to that calc.

Can you explain how they scale to this calc without "Well, they should probably be stronger than it."

Damage3245 said:
Dr.Fix said:
PlumCrayfish376 said:
So… most is in agreement with the OP except for Damage and Xulrev
Correct. I think @Ant should apply the change and close the thread at this point.
You have to actually prove that the 7-A characters in One Piece scale to this 6-C+ calc.
It's not just Xulrev and I. Tetsucabrah doesn't agree with this scaling to the other Doflamingo officers either.
Same reasons they applied to the weaker calcs. All four officers have been ranked comparable since before I even joined the forum years ago. Zoro is self explanatory and has been cited a few times in this thread.

So we've gotten to a point where, to justify 6-C One Piece, we are grasping at straws and accepting 'well some people think it should probably maybe possibly scale so let's upgrade most of the verse that's in the spotlight currently'?

For wanting to maintain accuracy, this is pretty damn antithetical to it.

It's convenient that everyone is ignoring an accepted CRT and accepted calc for the scaling of the feat in question just to strongarm these upgrades through, and pretty damn telling of peoples' intent

The main point here is Zoro scaling to Pica's golem, not Pica himself. Zoro one-shots Pica, idk how they both could have the same tier.

@Dr. Fix; the other officers don't scale to Pica's stone golem.

Therefore they don't scale to this calc, and most of the characters being proposed for upgrades aren't affected.

@Ryuga21; they have the same tier because there were able to fight each other for a while when neither of them were using Haki. Only when Zoro used Haki could he one-shot Pica.

Damage that's dishonesty, the only opportunity Zoro got to finish off Pica was when Pica came out of the golem; thus when Pica was also using haki, implying Zoro can only do it with haki is dishonesty.

@Eminiteable; Zoro fought Pica outside of his golem before that.

Back