• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new profile for Dante

Hello guys

So, basically, me and Dienomite (mostly him) have a (late) christmas gift for DMC Supporters, A New Profile for Dante

Well, basically here we add his Volume 1 version with its own stats and haxes, more Novel useful info and statements and we explain in more details about Devil Trigger, Devil Hearts, Quicksilver, Doppelganger, Sword Formatio (Which is basically missing from his actual profile) and etc, everything in a stylish format

So take a look, see if it's good enough for this amazing character, then we can apply it

Note: His Wins/Losses are going to be added if this gets accepted

Pretty good. There's some slight errors in grammar here and there but it's a much better version of Dante's profile.

I will say we should use his DMC5 Appearance as the main picture, in my opinion. It's the most up to date version of Dante after all.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Pretty good. There's some slight errors in grammar here and there but it's a much better version of Dante's profile.
I will say we should use his DMC5 Appearance as the main picture, in my opinion. It's the most up to date version of Dante after all.
This

Most of the people who come to check him out on here will likely be coming from DMC5 due to it being the most recent entry.

also its winter. Let the man wear a shirt

I do like the new profile, and I think it'd be perfectly acceptable. From a glance, there are a couple of things I think would probably be better tweaked a bit. This is somewhat preferential, so feel free to ignore these suggestions.

• As mentioned by KoS above, his "cover" should probably be his DMC5 appearance instead of the novel appearance. His DMC5 appearance is likely one of his most recognisable (though his DMC3 appearance is close behind) wheras the novel appearance is probably his least recognisable.
  • His DMC2 key would probably be better as "Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry Volume 2" rather than "Devil May Cry Volume 2 and Devil May Cry 2". Same thing with "Devil May Cry 5 and Before the Nightmare" and "Before the Nightmare and Devil May Cry 5". While that may be correctly putting them in chronological order for the key, if we assume that they are similar enough to be put into one key, then we should probably list their more well known depiction first.

This is probably fine, but I removed the "Jackpot" quote. One for every imafe looks stylistically better.

@Ant

To be fair, I would rather remove all quotes and only use "Jackpot!" lol.

I mean, come one, it's "Jackpot!", it's the thing he always says.

Using quotes from each games gives a more unique style for them

Btw, I also agree that DMC5 Dante should be the main render, so I'll invert the order of them

We tend to prefer distinctive quotes that explain a character's personality, and only one of them for each image.

Back