• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new ability to add for Mario and co.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
There's a Notable Technique I wish to add to the Mario cast. The characters can perform the move called Bubble. It covers them in a protective bubble, making them become impervious to attacks and obstacles as long they remain in them. Unfortunately, I don't know what ability(s) these properties fall under, so before unlocking the pages, assuming this is okay, I like to know what to classify these characteristics in the Power and Ability section before including Bubble. Btw, this will apply to Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, and Daisy.

@Maverick Zero X Are you sure? Usually when it comes to forcefields, they usually act like an extra layer of defense taking hits so that the user wouldn't. With this move, they seem rather...... unaffected for the lack of better term.

So......I guess overall, we can label this ability as Forcefield Creation, Water Manipulation, and Intangibility. Is that ok?

There doesn't appear to be any magic properties to the move. Plus, most of the characters already has Magic in their profiles anyway.

Eh, I was just saying, I mean, what limitations it would be assumed to have in a Vs. thread (You know, to avoid classic NLFs)?

That's not really an issue. It's only natural to assume an ability is as strong as the user itself. Plus, that's not a good reason to make up strengths or weaknesses it never has.

Oh, good to know, thanks.

Wait, wouldn´t that ruin the Mario Vs. Sora match? The entire way Sora won was by spamming a counterattacking semi-passive forcefield, which Mario can now literally just bypass with no problem. He already even had the AP advantage.

I have a feeling it´s a stomp now... hehe, stomp.

I guess we should probably come up with a name for the ability to take damage based on the number of hits as opposed to the power of them. I have come across several other examples of this

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I guess we should probably come up with a name for the ability to take damage based on the number of hits as opposed to the power of them. I have come across several other examples of this
Mario passive forcefield
You mean this?

Dino Ranger Black said:
So......I guess overall, we can label this ability as Forcefield Creation, Water Manipulation, and Intangibility.
I agree with this

I feel like upgrading Mario's Powers and Abilities section. His win-loss ratio is depressing ƒÆÇ

However, I think it should be specified to what sorts exactly, as I doubt everything appears in SMRPG.

Back