• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Which implies his power level is far vaster than Captain Marvel and Black Bolt (the latter of whom could have killed Scarlet Witch had she not, you know, made his mouth disappear). Our CM is 6-C (pretty sure) so the scaling should be similar.
They definitely made a HUGE mistake of underestimating Scarlet Witch, but that doesn't counter anything about Strange here. All it says is that they didn't know how powerful she really was (as I said the Illuminati killed their version of Thanos, so they're not weak by any means) and sadly they paid the price for it.
838 Strange is a high level threat to them because of his actions which led to universal destruction.

He also seems to be the main combatant against Thanos since he's the one sporting the most injuries among them.

616 Strange is a potential high level threat for them because of his potential to follow in their Strange's foot steps.

I'm fine with 616 Strange having likely 6-C with the Darkhold since that's what led 838 Strange and Sinister Strange to cause universal destruction.

It seems worth noting that Joe Russo also apparently stated that Strange grew in power between the end of his first movie and Infinity War, and became one of the more powerful characters in the MCU by that point:

"Doctor Strange's power level, we could talk about," Russo explained. "And from the books, as a kid, what I loved about Doctor Strange is that he always had a mystical spiritual side to him that seemed to know more than all the other characters. And I found that very entertaining, and we wanted to advance his power levels since the end of Doctor Strange because it has been a few years. And that he's been doing his work and he's a diligent study and he is now one of the more powerful characters in the Marvel Universe."

I think maybe considering all of that together there could potentially be some grounds for a outright 6-C rating if not definitely a likely 6-C FRA though yeah we'll have to wait for staff input
Don't know about an outright but that statement is definitely excellent enough to get a "possibly/likely 6-C" at least if not full-blown 6-C

Don't know about an outright but that statement is definitely excellent enough to get a "possibly/likely 6-C" at least if not full-blown 6-C
Oh I don't mean for that statement alone I'm talking about for that and the justification said above

If Strange threatened Wanda with his Magic wouldn't that make him 8-A?
If we're talking her durability but in terms of overall power he would definitely be higher as he's demonstrated the capability to go way higher.
Have we settled on a tier and finished the CRT yet by the way?
@Lacku hey man how do you think your exam went? You did have it today right? 🙂

Also I see the reasonings for him scaling to 6-C post-blip but I still can't help but feel conflicted, it's weird because I like the idea of Strange being 6-C but in my head it just doesn't entirely add up. In my opinion he should be:

Post-Blip: At least 8-C, possibly 6-C

And if we want to apply him pressuring Thanos in his Sorcerer Supreme key

Sorcerer Supreme: At least 9-A+, possibly 6-C

I mean got pretty unanimous agreement on everything aside from the magic ap so that's pretty much the only thing we need staff approval on aside from any new abilities mentioned
I think we're all in agreement it'd be something like "up to" or "likely" 6-C with magic with everything we discussed and we've got all the abilities they've displayed in the movie, so I guess now we just need to get approval from the staff :D and finally put this to rest haha

Wanda should scale above 838 Captain Marvel assuming she also scales to 616 CM after she absorbed her energy through their beam struggle (which is why CM got killed by a statue), and this was done in her alternate body

Also Black Bolt's power should be magnified using inverse square law, shouldn't it?

Wanda should scale above 838 Captain Marvel assuming she also scales to 616 CM after she absorbed her energy through their beam struggle (which is why CM got killed by a statue), and this was done in her alternate body
Yep which isn't surprising considering how strong she is by this point
Also Black Bolt's power should be magnified using inverse square law, shouldn't it?
No idea lol🤷‍♀️ probably something a CGM could answer

Honestly now that I think of it, could strange and other sorcerers receive "varies" in their tiering? Unlike Wanda who uses reality warping and typical magic blasts for her attacks, the Masters of the Mystic Arts use various spells and constructs for their attacking which explain why weaker side characters such as Gargantos aren't threatened by every some attacks.
Probably wait to see others opinions on this but wouldn't this only apply to strange since he's the best of them or are we gonna be upgrading like Wong too

Strange could very well be holding back against Gargantos. Kind of like against Ebony Maw he didn’t use as much of abilities unlike against Thanos where he used his best abilities.

Not saying all sorcerers should receive 6-C, just sorcerers that have shown floors and ceilings for their magic's AP could also receive varied tiers for whatever their ranges are.
I don't recall the average sorcerer showing a varying level of power. Only Strange has shown a floor of 8-C and a peak of 6-C, with some variation

I don't recall the average sorcerer showing varying attacks. Only Strange has shown a floor of 8-C and a peak of 6-C, with some variation
He's meaning in general if they show a floor and ceiling which could be more than just strange moving forward some other sorcerer's could be introduced or maybe Wong just decides to pop off one day

Back