• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lich Nonduality and NEP removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ND:

Nonduality (Type 1 Primordial Monsters existed before the concept of nothingness and non-existence)

Nothingness and non-existence are not a duality. In fact, they are basically the same thing at some point. Existing before them also does not mean being completely lacking them as well.

NEP:

Nonexistent Physiology (Nature 3, All Aspects Primordial Monsters exists in a state different from existence and nonexistence being in the all-encompassing Void. The all-encompassing Void is the place that predates existence and nonexsitence)

Being in a state other than existence and non-existence does not fulfill the NEP 3 requirement of 'showing a state of existence and non-existence at the same time'. In fact, they are entirely opposite things. These aside, this explanation does not provide any sufficient evidence for aspect types.

ND:

Nothingness and non-existence are not a duality. In fact, they are basically the same thing at some point. Existing before them also does not mean being completely lacking them as well.
Agree.
NEP:

Being in a state other than existence and non-existence does not fulfill the NEP 3 requirement of 'showing a state of existence and non-existence at the same time'. In fact, they are entirely opposite things. These aside, this explanation does not provide any sufficient evidence for aspect types.

This seems like it'd actually be NEP Type 2. Not sure which aspects would apply to the Lich, though.

This seems like it'd actually be NEP Type 2. Not sure which aspects would apply to the Lich, though.
I think we can wait for more inputs for NEP type 2. The scans are missing and this seems more like an assumption rather than anything else.

ND:

NEP:

I agree.

ND:

NEP:

I even wondered how they got such things without scans, i mean, this is something big how did they apply it with 0 scans, 0 references, 0 qualified explanations and no evidence attached
With the nothingness thing they got Acca4, BDE, NEP, ND and resistance to void manip
Yet there's no scan to prove what this is, only thing i see is they existed before nothingness how is this substantial?, they also feel proud in vsthreads about this abilities too lmao

That would be type 3. Because type 3 is basically being in existence and non-existence at the same time. In short, it is neither existence nor non-existence. It is being in between. Type 2 is to be lack of both these states of being. It's not lacking, it's being in between.

I even wondered how they got such things without scans, i mean, this is something big how did they apply it with 0 scans, 0 references, 0 qualified explanations and no evidence attached
With the nothingness thing they got Acca4, BDE, NEP, ND and resistance to void manip
Yet there's no scan to prove what this is, only thing i see is they existed before nothingness how is this substantial?, they also feel proud in vsthreads about this abilities too lmao
Aca 4 is actually valid since he existed before time, so he has a different system of cause and effect, like Odin from God of War.

...But yeah, the rest should probably go. I find it very hard to accept the Lich having NEP now that I think about it since Finn could interact with him no-issue.

But according this explanation, I think type 3 NEP can remain. But yes, I can't deduce an aspect type from this explanation. If there is no aspect type, NEP3 should also be destroyed

That would be type 3. Because type 3 is basically being in existence and non-existence at the same time. In short, it is neither existence nor non-existence. It is being in between. Type 2 is to be lack of both these states of being. It's not lacking, it's being in between.
Any evidence to support the nep?
Aca 4 is actually valid since he existed before time, so he has a different system of cause and effect, like Odin from God of War.

...But yeah, the rest should probably go. I find it very hard to accept the Lich having NEP now that I think about it since Finn could interact with him no-issue.
Alright then Acausality type 4 seems good however the BDE, the Nep, the ND doesn't sit right
Nonduality: there's no duality being presented here
Beyond dimensional existence: existing before time have been classified not to be enough for BDE that's just being chronologically older than time it needs more evidence
Nonexistent physiology: existing before nothingness isn't also being nonexistent, there are several ways to get nep and existing before nothing doesn't count, if anything i could say resistance to void manip, you can't just give multiple characters this type of abilities with only one sentence "before there was time, before there was anything there was nothing and before there was nothing there was monsters"
I can see how this qualifies for Acausality type 4, resistance to void but to me that should be it
Existing before "this" doesn't make you subjectively immune to the effects or having a grand physiology of it.
The supporters probably have more arguments for this but if they don't then it shouldn't be there
I am even thinking if there was even any CRT at all for this lmao

This may obviously be due to some kind of error of definition. I don't know, instead I'm proposing something that is described more as a duality system verse. Magic and Existence. Magic and Existence are defined as two concepts, and these two concepts are things that work connected to each other. Also, if you look at the Lich's profile, you can see that he already has resistance to them. So I propose to change the definition to the following:
Nonduality (Type 1; Primordial Monsters existed before the concept of Magic and Existence)

This may obviously be due to some kind of error of definition. I don't know, instead I'm proposing something that is described more as a duality system verse. Magic and Existence. Magic and Existence are defined as two concepts, and these two concepts are things that work connected to each other. Also, if you look at the Lich's profile, you can see that he already has resistance to them. So I propose to change the definition to the following:
Why magic a duality of existence?

Magic and existence are not a duality. Even if they are two concepts that works together, that does not make them a duality. For something to be duality, they have to be like two sides of a coin. Two sides of a coin can never look in the same direction or overlap. Just like darkness and light and so on. So these changes are not enough to keep ND atp.

ND:

NEP:

I don't see a problem with the removal of ND by definition, so I agree

Regarding NEP 3, I haven't seen anything that says where it gets the directions from, and yes, we can say that this definition doesn't fit NEP 3, but basically I haven't seen anything about being together at the same time in the presence-absence state.

But there may be a point where the Lich can get NEP 3 if someone can provide proof of the argument I will give now.

The Lich has hive mind and at the same time ACA 3; it controls all the other Liches in the whole cosmic mind from a single mind but "Aolph" told me that the Lich has no Mind and Soul and I said that these two statements would normally contradict but here I want to evaluate it.

If it is proven that the Lich has no mind, then we can give NEP3 here (mind) because pretending to exist when it doesn't is NEP 3. Likewise, if something that exists pretends to be non-existent against attacks, it is also NEP 3, so if the claimant can provide this proof, he can keep NEP 3 for Mind

Overlord from Ninjago also has BDE for the same reason, as for the Nep, they existed before the concept of Nothingness, so they both existed and did not exist, I think this is enough for Nep 3
This is not a Whatabouism. Different verses, different contexts. But if you have a scan or statement like the contexts in the profiles, I think NEP type 3 can still remain

Overlord from Ninjago also has BDE for the same reason, as for the Nep, they existed before the concept of Nothingness, so they both existed and did not exist, I think this is enough for Nep 3
Can you pass the statement exactly where it said concept of nothingness
Well even if that's the case it wont weigh much

Last edited:
I guess there's nowhere to defend it anymore. I hope we can remove it, maybe NEP 3 could keep the mental aspect, but there seems to be no interest, so we can remove it completely, or even if you open a revision for future downgrades, since most of the skills in the profile are controversial, I will come to support you.

I don’t know why you’re bringing that up when in fact he indirectly creates time too. Hence why he works on a different cause-effect system, not just because he predates time but because he’s also superior to it.

I don’t know why you’re bringing that up when in fact he indirectly creates time too. Hence why he works on a different cause-effect system, not just because he predates time but because he’s also superior to it.
The main reason he has Aca 4 is due to predating time, him creating it is just meant to show that he existed before time itself.

Hi, not much to add, OP is succinct so I will be too: I agree with the proposed removals, no notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back