• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A knight attempts to slay a dragon with a shovel

Cool.

As for the match, I feel like Anankos has the advantage. Shovel Knight has no means of getting past mid regen, especially when he was able to last in a fairly long fight against another City level character. Judging from the profile, he also has better powers than the Knight.

The profile says he ripped out his own soul. Can he do that to other characters besides himself? If he can...

I honestly don't even know ow where mid Regen comes from

Also, Anankos never used any of his hax in combat (which is why I specified they're in character)

It's unknown if he can soulscrew someone else

Ah, well, that clears some things up.

I still feel like Anankos might have the durability to stand up to Shovel Knight's attacks, though. If there's an actual calc for what puts Anankos (or whoever he's taken on) at City level, then that could be useful.

Yes, there's a calc and it's actually pretty close to the 2nd highest end of Shovel Knight's calc (although, the actual highest end is super highballed)

So Anankos (using the 2nd highest end for SK) is just barely weaker

In that case, then I'm not sure. If what you say about the dragon's hax is true, then SK has more combat-useful abilities at his disposal, but Anankos has flight and regen which I'm still not sure SK can get past.

Tbh, it would help if either of us knew where Anankos's mid regen even comes from.

I think it's just wank, he didn't even regenerate when most of his body was destroyed and was reduced to his eye thing

I'm leaning towards Shovel Knight for reasons above; he is the smarter of the two and has fought some flying enemies. Also, he does have a variety of abilities, it seems Anankos doesn't use them for combat? Additionally, Anankos perhaps does have Regenerationn, but I don't know about Mid; I think he does have HP recovery in game, but that's most Low Regenerationn. So pretty tough, but as mentioned, I'm leaning towards SK.

I'll go with Shovel Knight as well. Without using hax in combat, there isn't a whole lot separating Anankos from a number of the boss-tiers Shovel Knight has faced down and defeated. SK's looking more versatile as well.

Back