• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Knight (Sonic Frontiers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
The ghost boy tries to conquer a titan.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Both at 2-A (This match uses A Glitch in Time Danny)
  • Battle Music: Find Your Flame

Edit: Knight is now Tier 1 but since it was already capable of defeating Danny inone hit, the match is still valid.

Danny Phantom: 7 (ShakeResounding, GlaceonGamez471, LordGriffin1000, Eseseso, JJSliderman, omegabronic, XSOULOFCINDERX,

Knight (Sonic Frontiers):

Inconclusive: 1 (Keeweed,

Last edited:
Ayyy, amazing choice from the franchise for this match to celebrate the upgrades.

I think Danny has this in the bag after a good fight.

Danny has superior combat skill. While Knight proves to be the most hazardous Titan until that point, and thus provides Super Sonic a decent challenge, I think Danny's on-the-fly adaptability will ultimately use his smaller size to his advantage when combined with his Invisibility.

Additionally, any AP disadvantage Danny might have will be overcome with some Sonic-style AD + RE. This will primarily be due to Knight's instinct to block attacks first, in which I believe this will benefit Danny.

Knight's Danmaku missiles are pretty handily dealt-with by either the Ghost Wail or duplicating himself to add counter-pressure. And I believe Danny will be able to see through Knight's attack patterns.

The biggest challenge Danny faces is Type 2 Information and Type 1 Conceptual Manip, but I think he can circumvent these. Just don't get hit lol gg, and I think Danny is more than well equipped for that task.

So... Danny Phantom conquers the Titan of Chaos Island for my reasons.

Additionally, any AP disadvantage Danny might have will be overcome with some Sonic-style AD + RE. This will primarily be due to Knight's instinct to block attacks first, in which I believe this will benefit Danny.
This was the only real part I disagreed with. Titan is way beyond the scope Danny's AD would be able to adapt to. Scales to Super Sonic who'd scale quite literally infinitely above baseline 2-A. Not exaggerative infinity. Literal infinite. He'd always have a one-shot advantage. But I feel this is more of a hax battle anyway.

This was the only real part I disagreed with. Titan is way beyond the scope Danny's AD would be able to adapt to. Scales to Super Sonic who'd scale quite literally infinitely above baseline 2-A. Not exaggerative infinity. Literal infinite. He'd always have a one-shot advantage. But I feel this is more of a hax battle anyway.
Ah. Right, fair enough lol

We need a Super-level AP blog kek

Danny went from 8-A to 2-A with his AD, so by all accounts it would be enough for this gap

Honestly should've been Wywern

But seriously, great choice for a match up, Griffin.

Concept hax shouldn't be an issue now that Danny Phantom is gonna get Type 1 CM (plus AE), but I don't think Danny can take Knight down, so I'm leaning incon here.

I'm glad people think the match is good, i was debating on which titan to use snd eventually decided on Knight. Guess I'll give my thoughts on the match like I usually do.

Knight's Advantages/Win Conditions

My assumption for the Knight is that it will maintain the AP advantage if what is said above is correct regarding the infinite of infinite 2-A thing (I'll mention Danny's RE/AD later), Tie this in with it's literal Immesurable lifting strength compared to Danny's Class K and the Knights ability to Non-Physical Interaction/Conceptual Manipulation that allows it to interact with and destroy type 1 concepts, the Knight should he capable of beating Danny in a single hit.

It's infinite stamina means it will never slow down, though Danny can easily fight for hours without issue, it's still something that should be noted in my opinion. While it's large size can be a hindrance, we see it can fight human sized targets without to much issue and it's homing missles and lasers cover a good range. Lastly, since it's a robot and has resistance to attacks that can destroy type 2 concepts, it will be able to tank Danny's energy attacks that can can affect such things.

Danny's Advantages/Win Conditions

Though outclassed in the strength department (ap, durability, and lifting strength), Danny's abilities are capable of keeping the fight leveled. The two main abilities I see that can lead to a victory are his ice powers and possession, the former is cold enough to freeze objects and even energy to the point were it becomes brittle and can be shattered like glass (Even ghosts with resistance to it get affected). Possession (which has 5 layers) has been shown to work on inanimate objects and technology so it should be capable of affecting Knight, and while not something Danny would attempt to use right from the start, he'll most likely attempt it after seeing his standard approach yields no results.

Danny's small size gives him mobility and makes him a hard (though this isn't much of a game changer), the Knight's fighting style isn't something to hard for Danny to figure out, but the thing that can really help Danny here is his invisibility to escape Knights sight (Though this can only lead to a set amount of setup given his inability to harm Knight) and duplication can help take the pressure off of him by dividing Knights attention to give Danny an opening.

My Vote

I do think after a hard fight Danny can pull of a victory by the skin of his teeth.

The Knight will definitely put Danny through hell, it's superior statistics and ability to actually harm Danny means it can one shot him and without knowledge, Danny could set himself up for a quick defeat if he tries to avoid Knight's attacks by turning intangible (although Danny's main used intangibility can phase even through attacks that can interact with a type 1 concept, we don't assume it can bypass all concepts) or by using a forcefield (which although can reflect energy attacks and the force of physical attacks back at the target, I believe it's NLF to assume it can reflect attacks infinitely above his power)

Despite the above, Danny's chances are good since he has other ways to avoid or counter attacks (dodging, invisibility, and freezing the attacks to stop their momentum). Danny also favors ice attacks which is him primary win method as it ignores durability, and along with possession which which has multiple layers and while not a starting move, it would come up when Knight proves he's more than Danny can handle with his other other abilities. I also think intangibility can be used as a set up via phasing into the terrain and getting the drop on Knight since it lacks sensing capabilities and Danny has used this on other characters in his own series so it's a potential way of fighting.

So in the end, the Knight has a fair shot at getting Danny with a on hit strike especially with Danny's lack of knowledge. However, I think Danny's versatility provides him with enough opening options for freezing or possession but Knight sure as heck isn't going to make it easy.

Note: Now the reason I didn't include Danny's reactive evolution/accelerated development in my analysis is because we can only assume it can do something within it's scope. Examples of it are Danny constantly growing in power to reach opponents much stronger than him (going from 8-A to 2-A by our statistics) which is breaking infinite, gaining moves that he wouldn't gain until 10 years in the future, and consistently building up resistances against abilities throughout the series. However, the biggest gap in 2-A that he has reached currently is 100x baseline but that isn't enough to assume he can break the infinite gap that Knight has over him without feats.

Switching to Danny Phantom for Griffin's reasons.

Still think it should've been Wyvern instead of Knight.

Phasing is a pretty good way to avoid Knight’s stuff and it is pretty in character for Danny, so I could see him phasing inside Knight and making the latter destroy itself Omnidroid style. Knight doesn’t have any speed amps to stop that either, voting Danny FRA.

“Danny's small size gives him mobility and makes him a hard to hit”

The knight’s opponent in the game was a 3’3 hedgehog who’s whole gimmick is being quick and nimble and it can hit that guy with no problems once so ever repeatedly. Just being larger doesn’t mean the small guys automatically has the movability advantage.

I think Danny can win, but his size doesn’t help at all.

“Danny's small size gives him mobility and makes him a hard to hit”

The knight’s opponent in the game was a 3’3 hedgehog who’s whole gimmick is being quick and nimble and it can hit that guy with no problems once so ever repeatedly. Just being larger doesn’t mean the small guys automatically has the movability advantage.

I think Danny can win, but his size doesn’t help at all.
I mentioned that in my thoughts right after I talked about Danny's small size... it's why I didn't include that in the my vote section either.

Sorry for missing that (I just get very annoyed in every single size debate large size is immediately treated as a disadvantage), but then why even bring it up if you know exactly why that doesn’t mean anything?

Edit: I reread the post and still don’t see where you mentioned that, so sorry.

Sorry for missing that (I just get very annoyed in every single size debate large size is immediately treated as a disadvantage), but then why even bring it up if you know exactly why that doesn’t mean anything?
I usually like to cover all basis so no one brings up an argument that wouldn't work. It's why I mentioned the stuff about Danny's Reactive Evolution/Accelerated despite it not being a factor, it's just a minor thing I like to do.

I absolutely get that, I can just see there was a disconnect between what I saw and what you meant.

So I’ll just vote; I’m going inconclusive myself. They can both one shot and neither can miss each other. I am slightly leaning towards the knight getting the first hit, but I can see many scenarios Danny can land his ice or possession too.

Edit: I reread the post and still don’t see where you mentioned that, so sorry.
Sorry for not being clear then. I'll point it out, in the Knight section, I mentioned...

"While it's large size can be a hindrance, we see it can fight human sized targets without to much issue and it's homing missles and lasers cover a good range"

Then in Danny's section I mentioned...

"Danny's small size gives him mobility and makes him a hard (though this isn't much of a game changer)"

This was me mentioning that though the Knight is big, it showed this isn't a hindrance to its combat capabilities against small targets. Then I mentioned on Danny's section that his small size would give him mobility and makes him hard to hit but then I mention that this isn't a game changer because of what i mentioned about the Knight first. Could have explained my thoughts on that better though, my bad.

Then what was said still is still a confusing way to say it to me then, the knight says it’s not an advantage but Danny’s section says it is. Though since we are now on the same page and everything is cleared up its fine.

Ah, yes, I was gonna mention Ice Manip in my analysis and then forgot lol. That should net Danny a pretty clear-cut win-con, as it bypasses resistance/can affect those that should be able to easily withstand it.

Since Ice Manip is such a niche power in this scenario for Knight, Danny should likely be able to freeze and shatter Knight to circumvent its infinite dura advantage.

Has Danny ever frozen someone who is infinitely stronger than him.
If it’s not AZ not sure why it would dura neg.

All cold and heat has been counted as durability negation for a while now for obvious reasons. It’s not a physical attack, your physical durability shouldn’t matter. And this is easily show in real life. There are bees that boil hornets alive with their body heat despite the hornets being strong enough to completely obliterate them in a single hit physically.

Plus there’s still the possession if we are going to be pedantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back