• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A InFAMOUS vs Nasuverse match-up? In this current year?

I would go with Cole FRA. It is a pretty even match, but Cole edges outward.

But, if Speed is left normal, no equalization, than Cole absolutely blitzes. By a huge margin.

Cole also has larger range.

Cole also has infinite electricty, able to infinitely create lightning bolts, in countless different forms, and can fight in melee combat, and has rockets and grenades, can freeze large spaces. Can fly, nullify power, negate gravity, create large explosions (without the needed range and time of Caledbolg II), and is able to be used repeatedly. Has much quicker Regenerationn. Can create tornados, slow down his own perception of time.

As much as I like Archer, I'm giving this to Cole.

Most 7-As who can compete with Cole completely kick his ass in melee range. Good thing he's a range spammer.

Idk, having a constant voltage of lightning shooting everywhere is worse.

If you're farther and hitting someone with danmaku, the enemy can see how to dodge.

If you're point blank they can barely react.

It's why I never really think Cole has an issue with range. From point blank, Emiya can expect literally anything from those hands with less reaction. Shockwave that cripples his gravity, a burst of ice vapor, icicles, tornado, lightning bolts, homing lightning, explosive lightening, et cetera.

And idk on the spirit form. Maybe it's just not usable that way at all. I literally can't remember any other instance of it aside from Emiya faking his death to Gilg.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Cole's stuff isn't magecraft anyway, so he couldn't deal with Cole's Danmaku like with Medea's.
That said, that is a pretty good point. He has dealt with Medea's danmaku which is almost worse in pure numbers, but Cole will be smarter using it. The flying really ***** Archer, but at least he can match Cole in pure volume of Danmaku.
I actually saw the flying as a minor problem here, don't really see how it ***** him over when he can chant UBW sporadically(though I heard he can do it moving, though I have no proof so I'm going to ignore it), or just sling out arrows/Hruntings, since SBA is within his maximum range.

I think this just comes down to if Archer can survive long enough to chant UBW, sporadically, which I'm not sure he can focus on deflecting spam, though Shirou can chant it while defending with Aias, so Archer has that going for him.

Also, feel free to clarify if I'm wrong, but doesn't verse equalization make it magic? Or just when there's not enough known about one of the verses?

It doesn't no. Magic is very specific stuff that has nothing in common with what Cole does.

Even more so, Tesla can make non-magic related lightning with his NP that is unaffected with Magic Resistance for that same reason too.

Also Schnee, if you are around could you close a thread for me? Is a Schneider versus Janemba one, Dude left stuff unequalized so Janemba just blitz, but neither form can do anything to Schneider since he has low godly and needs his mind, body and soul that are all in different dimensions destroyed at once to be killed.

One of the dudes argumenting doesn't get that DB characters don't have soul destruction either, but anyway it is a mismatch as it is even if it's equalized.

Good point about the spirit form. Archer can simply retreat any time he wants with invisibility and intangability if he feels he is in danger. In other words, Cole is going to get constantly sniped from long range with no way to fight back (even if he has long-range attack, he can't aim precisely or percieve enemies kilometers away as far as I know).

As for why spirit form is not constantly used, it is explained in strange/fake:

Humph... So, a Master saw Saber on TV and decided to send in Assassin. We can't do anything physical to a Servant while it's in spirit form, but it's hard to imagine that it will stay that way for long.
A Servant in spirit form was incapable of taking any offensive or defensive measures. If a Master or other mage possessed the means of attacking a spirit body, they ran the risk of being one-sidedly annihilated. Consequently, remaining in spirit form around hostile Servants and Masters was not a winning strategy. The moment required to rematerialize could also create a fatal opening in a battle of instants.
Best to assume it's already materialized and is hiding somewhere, the chief concluded, and turned a wary eye to his surroundings. There were countless places to hide in the atrium lobby, including the exposed sections of second and third floor hallway.

That's actually very helpful. Thanks Shadowwhowalks!

That said I don't know. Leaving Cole behind would basically grant a lot of time for him to heal or charge himself, and further amp himself up via endless energy overcharge. And even then, it's not as if Archer instantly snipes from afar. He has to physically manifest first which is enough of an alert to give a eye on where to dodge.

And Cole's gonna reach a point where he just tosses elec danmaku everywhere to disrupt and damage heavily. Doubtful that Emiya can pull off km level instant teleport with that either so Archer's leaving Cole some time to gather his thoughts and plan ahead too

Leaving Cole alone gives Cole enough time to completely regain his stamina and regen if he isn't hit with Gae Bolg or Harpe

Doesn't Gae Bolg have homing capabilities and on top of that it can split into thirthy spearheads? I saw that earlier it was said that Gae Bolg would miss.

I also thought that the conceptual curse was on the soaring spear and not on the barbed spear, since I think it was mentioned on the fight agaisnt archer using Rho Aias.

Homing is only the one that goes for the heart, and that one is very lacking in range. Splitting is only the thrown version, but the special way is thrown would just leave Archer open and waiting to die.

Both versions of Gae Bolg have homing capabilities. The only thing unique to the close range version is that it does it by reversing causality.

It always reverses causality pretty sure, I don't think Archer can use the splitting one anyways without killing himself anyways.

@Ciruno if that's the case he can just chant UBW in periods and that would mean Cole would have split seconds to kill him before he repositions again. The chant doesn't need to be continuous

Out of curiosity has Emiya used it on screen? Only saw it being used on Cu and fun tidbits, apparently since Emiya's lack of specialty making spears, it's not a perfect copy and thus isn't clear on having such effect.

Anyway, Cole plays defensively by continuously dodging and tossing tornadoes, explosives, and lightning everywhere, while always moving to escape more projectiles. He made light work of being attacked by numerous veteran soldiers with superpowers that can jump around and toss about ice beams, so that's a helpful danmaku res feat

Gotcha, but yeah in that case handles it by having to dodge. Gonna be a struggle but UBW would be problematic for both since the moment Emiya runs out of mana it's gonna be bad

…This Noble Phantasm is a throwing attack by nature. A lance that never misses the heart. A cursed Noble Phantasm that cannot be avoided and will attack the enemy even if it misses. That is Gae Bolg, lance of destruction possessed by the hero that never lost in his lifetime. As it is hurled using all of Lancer's magical energy, it can be neither dodged nor blocked.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 208/

Note I don't believe Archer can use this version of it as it ***** up Cu Chulainn and it's technically not a technique, rather the NP itself, but does this not show that the ranged version does home, or reverse causality?

I do not think that just throwing Gae Bolg will replicate it so I agree on that front, but it's ranged version DOES home.

Would Cole actually be fast enough to dodge something like Caladbolg? Archer's hrunting alone was described as crossing the 4km distance between him and Saber nearly instantly, and Caladbolg is faster to the point where it can hit Saber even with her instinct. Archer also has better accuracy feats iirc, so that could help him out in a long range battle.

Managements said:
Would Cole actually be fast enough to dodge something like Caladbolg? Archer's hrunting alone was described as crossing the 4km distance between him and Saber nearly instantly, and Caladbolg is faster to the point where it can hit Saber even with her instinct. Archer also has better accuracy feats iirc, so that could help him out in a long range battle.
The problem isn't Archer hitting, he will shoot Hrunting and it will hit because it homes.

The problem is Archer actually having the time to prepare that while avoiding the spam. He can handle the spam(Medea) and while he can prepare Hrunting to be projected+fired, he would need to find an opening to do so, and I don't think Cole gives that up especially since he doesn't need to recharge.

Archer's wincon here is getting into UBW and then spamming Cole to death. Cole has dealt with spam before, but I don't think he can handle UBW levels of spam. Given that Archer can periodically chant his incantation(although not sure if it has to be out of combat, he did the first line in his first fight vs lancer) as long as he's speaking(I read this wrong initially), though that might purely be for plot badassery. Still, it's a feat, gotta roll with it though probably a good idea to not bank on it.

I don't think it's impossible for Archer to close in on Cole, and when he gets within a certain distance he'll be able to use K & B in the manner he did against Medea. No clue how big Ryudou Temple, or whatever it's called, is but since Cole's Ice Manipulation seems to be mostly a non-factor here than I think I still give it to Archer with high-difficulty. It's a really good one.

I don't think AP was ever a problem here, but that sucks.

If Cole is high enough into 7-A, would it reasonable to use 6-C EMIYA, because iirc the Fate revisions made some servants low 6-C. I assume like, highest 7-A and lowest 6-C could fight, but I'm probably being too hopeful. This was a really good match.

Back